Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
jerseygirl82
Mouseketeer

hoping 30 days can pass in the blink of an eye...

Once upon a time, in a land far far away there lived a princess who wanted nothing more than to own a slice of the Disney Vacation Club. So she begged and pleaded and wore her DH down until he finally agreed now was as good a time as any to buy in.

Ok so it was this time last year and Orlando isn't THAT far away...but I AM a princess Husband and I were down in Orlando for a quickie Disney fix when we hit some rain at MGM (I will NEVER call it DHS). We ran for cover under a booth where they advertised DVC. I had been obsessed and convinced DH we should take the tour to at least get the free fast passes So to make a sort of long story very short, I convinced DH that we were foolish to not invest in DVC. And we did

We get home from that trip and of course I am sad to be away from the World. So what's the next best thing to being at the World? Planning a trip to the world of course! I had talked forever about how I wanted to go with DBro (5) and DSis (3) on their very first trip to Disney. DH had always poo poo'ed me, but all of a sudden the tune changed when we had 320 DVC points to use before April '09. So while he was feeling so generous I quick discussed a trip with my Dad and Stepmom and we agreed on October 2008. Getting my way comes naturally, can you tell?

Now might be the time to introduce the cast of characters:

Me (26)...DISNEY OBSESSED. I am not exactly sure when my obsession started. I think after I graduated college. There is just something so magical about Disney that makes me feel all happy inside. I often refer to it as "my happy place". I am also obsessed with my small siblings and spoiling them like no other. What until you see what I have already purchased as welcome baskets/daily goodies. I am not very organized but when it comes to this trip I have been planning and getting ready for over a year.

DH (26)...does not understand my Disney obsession. I think he had a momentary brain lapse when I convinced him to buy into DVC. But he too loves my siblings and I think secretly is as excited about this trip as I am.

DBro (5)...the cutest little boy ever. He is a ball of energy. LOVES Buzz Lightyear and Lightning McQueen. Thinks princesses actually live in Cinderella's Castle. He may pass out when he catches his first glimpse of the World and i can't wait to be there to witness it.

DSis (3)...the cutest little girl ever. She reminds me of a cartoon character. She LOVES the princesses and claims to not be scared of people in costumes

DDad and DStepmom...like DH, do not understand my obsession. DDad actually said to me "why are we talking about where we want to eat in Disney when the trip is a year away?" Oh dear simple dad. Wait til you see.

We also have a couple friends who will be in the World so we are a large group!

Our home resort through DVC is SSR and we have a 2 bedroom there, arriving 10/10 and leaving 10/17. One month from tonight I will be settling into my first night in Disney!

Up next...I take obsession to a whole new level...

Last edited by jerseygirl82; 09-20-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: change title
Old 09-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
jerseygirl82
Mouseketeer

meet the crew & itinerary (WITH PICS!)

So now it's only 20 days to go and clearly I am not good at the whole PTR thing but I figure why not follow through. Maybe I will be better with the actual TR

Since I look for posts with pics, I should probably offer up some of my own.

Here is DH and I from our trip 2 years ago:

and one from a year ago:

Me and DBro:

DSis, who reminds me of a cartoon character. This is her "angry face":

And this is one of the other characters going We all went 2 years ago and had the greatest time:

No pics of DDad and DStepmom to share but they probably prefer it that way

Anyway...on the the itinerary!

DDad and the kiddos arrive in Disney two days ahead of everyone else on 10/8. They are doing two nights at All Star Sports. They originally wanted to do Nick Hotel but that was $162 a night and I found AS Sports for $59 a night!!!! Woohoo!!!! Those two days they will most likely just enjoy the pools and the resort.

Friday, 10/10:
The rest of the crew arrives (all on separate flights lol). DH and I originally had flight on Spirit but to make a long story short they are horrible and I was able to cancel AND get an extra day in Disney

DH and I depart on a 7:15am flight. I plan for us to sleep on the plane if we can. We arrive in Orlando at 10:30 and hope the ME to SSR! Not sure of our plan for that day. May hit a park, may hit DTD. Depends on what dad and the kids are doing.

Saturday, 10/11: (DH's birthday!)
Up early to bring DBro and DSis to MK. I realize it's a Saturday but they HAVE to do MK first on their first trip. Planning to do as much as we can until noon or so and then go back to SSR for a nap. Most likely will head back to MK around 4ish. We have a Chef Mickey ADR for 8:45....PM It was all I could get for 11 people and DDad assures me it will be fine. After Chef Mickey the 7 big kids plan to head to Jellyrolls (best place ever! ) to continue the celebration for DH's bday. DDad, Dstepmom and kiddos will head back to SSR.

Quick side note...how do we get from Chef Mickey back to SSR/Boardwalk!? I hadn't thought of this yet...

Sunday, 10/12:
Sleep in!!!!! Hit the pool and relax. Meet up with most of the crew for a late lunch at Beaches n Cream. Potentially finding a place to watch the Cowboys game. Then off to Epcot for drinking around the world! Not sure what DDad and kiddos will do as DDad does not want to bring the kids to Epcot, especially not for F&W, lol.

Monday, 10/13:
EMH at AK and MGM! Hoping to be up early enough for the AK EMH and get AK done by lunch (for DH and I anyway, DDad might need more time. This we are going to play by ear). Maybe eat lunch somewhere in AK and then go back to the room for a rest. Or maybe not as we have a dinner ressie at LTT at 4pm. After LTT the big kids intend to hit up MGM to ride ToT until we all puke ToT is my favorite ride EVER.

Tuesday, 10/14:
MGM EARLY to hit up TSM. DBro is a YOOG Toy Story fan so we will need to get on line ASAP. We will see how much of MGM we get done with the little ones. This day is very flexible, as are most of the days. I am fully intending to NOT go commando. No need since I own a piece of the magic And intend to use it quite often!

Wednesday, 10/15:
DH and I fly out at 4pm We do have an ADR at O'Hana's for breakfast at 8:30, just me, DH, DDad, DStepmom and the kiddos. Then we will most likely go bum around DTD or enjoy the pool. Then around 1pm we gotta catch the ME to Orlando Airport.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
jerseygirl82
Mouseketeer

does anyone know why my pictures are little boxes with red x's in them?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: