Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2008, 12:45 AM   #76
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
Of course I'm biased, but that's a great picture. And that scene is easily one of my favorites in the movie. How many princesses are equally at ease dancing with the forest creatures or the prince?

Maybe one of these days Disney will surprise me and have Briar Rose wander around the parks. Now that would be cool
AGREED on all accounts! SB is the best princess ever!

I'm glad you liked the picture!
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #77
stitchon
Shopaholic/Coffee Fiend

I have a feeling the next report will feature the number "42" if you know what I mean....

And I'm actually the Alec in question on this report, but prepare for a different Alec in the next report.
stitchon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #78
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

I was wondering when you'd find your way over here. And yes, 42 will play a prominent role in the next TR.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #79
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

I finally had a chance to catch up on this trip report. Excellent Excellent Excellent! It's so nice to hear tales about places I'll likely never get to visit myself. I even got a little misty eyed at the end!
<sigh> Now I need to stop thinking about how soon can I get back to Disneyland and actually pay attention to my job so I can make money to afford to go back.
Thank you for sharing!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #80
Sleepless Knight

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Part of why I wanted to share these pictures is because some people may not get a chance otherwise to "see" these things.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #81
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
So you don't lose precious time, Frank and Ollie, Peter Ellenshaw, and Julie Andrews have their handprints in cement over by the old Animation Building on Dopey Drive. Have fun finding Jaq and Gus Gus. And one more thing. Make sure to find Peter Ellenshaw's name on the window in Disneyland. That's a nice little tribute as well.

Here's the ultimate conclusion I've come to about the Disney west coast vs. east coast debate. If you go to Disneyland expecting Walt Disney World, you're going to be very disappointed. And if you go to Walt Disney World expecting to find Disneyland, you're also going to be very disappointed.

For the myriad attractions and similarities the two destinations share, they are also very different. As I said, WDW has the illusion of control. I absolutely love that. Disneyland has Walt's personal touch and a special charm about the place. I think that Disneyland's ability to place you in another place is more impressive because it cannot accomplish the whole immersion thing even if you stay onsite.
Thanks for the info......now I won't have to waste time. I will be looking for Mr Ellenshaw's window. Are there any other really cool windows I should be on the lookout for--having only been to DL one day & it wasn't even a whole day, I didn't get time to notice the details like that.

Loved the parade photos & that you chose to end your trip like that. Do you know if the Parade of Dreams still shows in December or is it replaced by the Christmas parade or do they do one of each? I so want to see some of those really cool floats from the Parade of Dreams.

Thanks so much for your great report-I really enjoyed the detail & your observations. I will be looking forward to the one for your August trip.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #82
Sleepless Knight

I have bad news and possible good news on the parade front for you. Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams is replaced in November/December by A Christmas Fantasy(which is another enjoyable parade). The possible good news applies if you regularly visit WDW because the rumor mill says the Parade of Dreams is going to head to the MK around 2010.

In case I didn't tell you, Peter Ellenshaw's Disneyland window is at the end of Main Street right above the Photo Supply store on your right as you face Sleeping Beauty Castle. Another cool thing to look at is the pavement. Notice how the pavement changes in each land to reflect the place you're supposed to be. There are even horsehoe prints in the Frontierland pavement.

Speaking of thematic elements in the different lands, pay attention to how the show buildings in Fantasyland both blend in appropriately with Sleeping Beauty Castle while also staying true to the architecture of the area where the story originated(German for Snow White, Italian for Pinocchio, English for Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, and Alice).

I'll see what cool windows I can tell you to look for when I go down in August, but before I write the August TR, I have to write the June one first.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: