Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
jessesgirl-080708
I got married at the happiest place on earth!

Carly & Jesse 08-07-08 WP/WH/SCP I got my high res CD from Disney!! Reception update

Hello! I am off to a really late start with my PJ, I only discovered these addicting boards about a week ago. DF and I have almost exactly two months until the big day.. so I'll do my best to catch up.

We met:
About two years ago.. we were both working at the same job, which we both didn't like. There was absolutely no immediate attraction with me, all I wanted as to stay single, and all he wanted was a relationship. I guess i'm not much of a fighter because it wasn't long until we had started dating.. which surprised everyone, including myself! A few months later we both quit that job.. and stayed together! He is the 100% opposite of what I thought my type was.

The engagement:
DF got a new job that required him to constantly travel for two months at a time. The first time he left was when we really knew we were in love. The second time he left, he was sent to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii! I was completely jealous.. until I found out the company would fly me out to see him for free!! Mom tagged along to ensure we wouldn't partake in "sinly activities" but we were having an amazing time. Our next to last day was our only day alone, so we decided to go in a shark cage and snorkel. (Amesome experience BTW) After that we ended up at some deserted beach on North Shore, we were just walking and WHAM I turn around and he was holding a Tiffany box, down on his knee! I fell in the sand, but it was sooo amazing. I don't have any pics of the engagement, we were all alone.. but these were from the same day.

This was on top of the Diamond Head Volcano. Don't mind my deformed arm.. that was a long walk!

This was us at a Luau a few hours after the proposal.

This is Tiffany!

Carly & Jesse. August 7th 2008.WP/WH/SCP.

Last edited by jessesgirl-080708; 08-20-2008 at 07:25 PM.
jessesgirl-080708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
alissa2008
I'll take two.

how romantic!!! Can't wait to hear more!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
MickeyAnne
"We all need a little Disney in our lives!"

How nice!!! Congrats and happy planning!!!!

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale..."

Our Wedding - 6/1/2008 in NJ
Our Disneymoon - 6/29/2008 DLR and The Magic - Mexican Riviera
Our Twins Born - 1/8/2012 and I'm already thinking about our first Disney trip. I'm thinking Disneyland but we will see!

Adding to my WDW trips as often as possible -
Next trip 3/26/2012 for cheerleading nationals!!! (Okay its to Universal but at least I get to be NEAR WDW)
Then its to The Magic for a Cruise to Neverland on 8/10/2012
MickeyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
jessesgirl-080708

Initial wedding planning

Growing up, I had always wanted a Disney Wedding, but I never thought we could afford it. I was always the little girl glued to the monorail window as we passed the pavilion, and if Cindys coach was outside.. I know I hurt a few peoples ears!
My family's big on Disney, my first trip I was only 5 weeks old.. so seems perfect to do a Disney Wedding.
DF is 26 and before he met me, didn't even know Disney did weddings.. but being the nice guy that he is, he went along with it.. plus my parents are taking the bill..
We started planning in November of last year.. and are almost done with the planning, so I will do my best to catch up.

The wedding date is August 7th. At 5:00p.m.
The ceremony is at the Wedding pavilion.
The reception is at the WhiteHall Room and Patio at the GF.
And the dessert party is at Sago Cay Pointe at the GF.
Here is the View from SCP:

And a shot mom took of the wedding pavilion

Old 06-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
jessesgirl-080708

wedding dress

This is a picture of the wedding dress I got.. no pics of me in it yet.. got to get some alterations done, Unfortunately I have become a lifetime member of the IBTC...lol.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
jessesgirl-080708

Wedding party

Bride. Carly
Groom. Jesse
MOH. Regina, Sister of the bride.
Best Man. Cliff. Friend of the Groom.
Bridesmaid. Kristen. Friend of the Bride.
Groomsman. Brian. Friend of Groom.
Bridesman. Jared. Friend of the Bride.
Groomsmen. Mike. Friend of the Groom.
Flower Girl. Ivana, Student of the bride.
Aisle Runner attendant. Kenny. Brother of the bride.
Soloist: MOH Regina.
Parents of bride. Kenny and Judy.
Parents of Groom. Dean and Cathy.

These are my bridesmaid dresses:
Pregnant Matron of Honor...

The dress will be in Clover with a Sunshine yellow sash around the belly.
Sister will be 7 months prego with her first baby. Its a boy Zane Alexander, who will also be my ringbearer since we don't have one = ) She's going to wear rings tied on her belly!
Here is my other BM dress. Also in Clover with a sunshine sash.

I was extremely worried about this color combo.. but we picked them up this morning and it looks so great. I will post pics as soon as I get them...
No FG dress yet either..

Last edited by jessesgirl-080708; 06-12-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
Wazzo
Is in need of a No Way Jose!
Just the unput I was looking for
I'm the undecided party

I love your dress!!

I think the colour combo for the bridesmaid dresses sounds great!

Also, thanks for posting pics of the view from SCP, I was wondering what the difference was between there and the marina!
Wazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #8
Manda_Lizabeth
Dreams really do come true!

Thanks for posting. Im so excited to read more. I really like the Bridesmaid dresses. and your dress. The lace is beautiful.
Manda_Lizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:07 AM   #9
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! your plans sound great so far! Love your dress and the BM dresses-i think it will be beautiful! Cute idea for the baby to have the rings!

Looking forward to more!

lov2b@disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
jessesgirl-080708

SCP and Marina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzo View Post
I love your dress!!

I think the colour combo for the bridesmaid dresses sounds great!

Also, thanks for posting pics of the view from SCP, I was wondering what the difference was between there and the marina!
Yea, I have been in between SCP and the marina for a few months now. Ken said there were only a few differences. SCP gives you much more privacy, and is closer to the castle. The marina has better lighting, but you really don't want a ton of lights for the firworks. He also said that we would have a better chance of hearing the wishes music at SCP than at the marina, esp. with all the guests who will be gathered around Gasparillas.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #11
Wazzo
Is in need of a No Way Jose!
Just the unput I was looking for
I'm the undecided party

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl-080708 View Post
Yea, I have been in between SCP and the marina for a few months now. Ken said there were only a few differences. SCP gives you much more privacy, and is closer to the castle. The marina has better lighting, but you really don't want a ton of lights for the firworks. He also said that we would have a better chance of hearing the wishes music at SCP than at the marina, esp. with all the guests who will be gathered around Gasparillas.
What kind of desserts are you having at SCP??
Wazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #12
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

DP at SCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl-080708 View Post

I love the idea of a wishes dp party and hope to do that for ours. wishes is my favorite fireworks show....I think we will have to many for the grand 1. looking forward to hearing more of your plans!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #13
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Congratulations!! I love your dress! It was one of the ones i was seriously looking at! can't wait to hear more!

Jennifer

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #14
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Your dress is so beautiful and I LOVE your bridesmaid dresses & color combinations! Congratulations on having it all ironed out. You must be getting so excited!

I had a question about your DP at SCP. When we watched WISHES from there in May we couldn't hear the music at all. Are you having it piped in?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #15
jessesgirl-080708

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
Your dress is so beautiful and I LOVE your bridesmaid dresses & color combinations! Congratulations on having it all ironed out. You must be getting so excited!

I had a question about your DP at SCP. When we watched WISHES from there in May we couldn't hear the music at all. Are you having it piped in?
No, we are trying to cut down our budget, and when I talked to Ken he said it wasnt worth it. I would have liked to, but most people at our wedding won't miss it, because they have never been to Disney before. He also mentioned that we may be able to hear it from MK, but only if the winds blowing right and blah blah.. hopefully we get some sound, but I don't think i'll notice. Did you miss it at your DP? IS it worth the money?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: