Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #286
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Snacks, snacks, & more snacks!

Okay...as promised I took a few pictures for everyone. We were on the deluxe plan which equaled 8 snacks per day for us. I've only been through one card so far so more will be coming. For now I have these to share.

Frozen Lemonade from DHS (Sooooooooo yummy!)

A corn dog from the Magic Kingdom (not too shabby)

The Cappucino float! OMG! This thing is so good! We had a few of these during our stay!

Here is the window full of snacks at Norway. We only tried the Cappucino Cheesecake (which was also delicious I might add). She told me everything pictured here is considered a snack on the DDP.

More stuff in Norway...

And this is the yummy cheescake we tried!

At Goofy's candy store in DTD we tried the Pretzel rods (you get three for one snack credit)

You can also get the caramel apple w/ or w/o nuts

And of course the rice krispie treats...

They also had a make your own cookie thing too as a previous poster showed ya. It looked very good too!

This is the Funnel cake from the MK

The Minnie Strawberry bar....these were really good too!!!

The Mickey Ice Cream bar

And again

The itzakadookie?

The Ice Cream cookie sandwich from the MK

Popcorn

The spicy cheese filled pretzel from DHS (YUM)

The plain salted pretzel from DHS (they also offer an apple stuffed pretzel as well)

Tinkerbell sour frozen drink from the MK...one of my faves!

They've taken away most of the resort snacks. You used to be able to get a box of donuts, big bags of pretzels, chips, cookies, etc. Not anymore. The crackers and cookies you can get are in small boxes. The candy is limited in the resorts as well. You used to be able to get almost anything under $4. Not now. Your best bet is using the snacks in the parks or at DTD. You get more for your money there. I'll add the others as soon as I go through my other media card. For now this is enough to keep ya busy for a while.

If you want to see more Disney food check out my Trip Report. I'll be listing all of the places we experienced this time...it may take me a few days but I promise it'll be a good read!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #287
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

OMG OMG! Thank you for posting alllll of those yummy looking snack pix! WHERE in MK did you get that Tinkerbelle Sour Slush thingy??? That looks/sounds SOOO yummy! And the NORWAY snackies....OMG I feel like I should save all my credits JUSt for that place! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by adizzle819 View Post
If you warm them up in the microwave, they are soft....just like they are in Epcot, only warm. They don't get hard, but I always eat them within a few weeks, so I don't know how long they will stay good, but they are soft and "fresh" for at least a few weeks You may get a few weird looks from people when you order all of the pretzels they have to go though (which is what I ended up doing last time)
Once you order your "stash" of them, how do you transport them back to your hotel and then home?? Did they pack them in a "to go" box or you have to get them on the disney paper plates? Just wondering what the best way to xfer them home would be. They sounds SOOOO delic!!!

Picabo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #288
Reese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post

The Cappucino float! OMG! This thing is so good! We had a few of these during our stay!
Where was this from? Looks very yummy.
Sept 08 POP Free Dining, Dec 08 Grand gathering at POP,Jan 09 Rolling Hills,March 09 Rolling Hills,May 09 ASMu and Emerald Isle,June 09 Just DH and I,July 09 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,Sept 09 ASMu Free dining,May 10 ASMo & Star WarsSept 10 ASmo Free dining, Nov 10 Rolling Hills,May 11 Pop, Jan 12 MK and Dreamworks cruise,Sept 12Free Dining AoA family reunion,Nov 12 ASMu Mom/Daughter trip,Christmas Day surprise,April 13 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,May 13 Star Wars ASSp,
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #289
adizzle819
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
Once you order your "stash" of them, how do you transport them back to your hotel and then home?? Did they pack them in a "to go" box or you have to get them on the disney paper plates? Just wondering what the best way to xfer them home would be. They sounds SOOOO delic!!!
Last year, I asked for them to go, and they didn't have boxes, but they put each one between two plates so they didn't stick together and I carried them on the airplane in a disney bag (don't want them to get smooshed...or lost ). It was a little cumbersome, but totally worth it...yummmm

1997-POFQ, 2000-POFQ, 2002-YC, 2004-YC, 2005-BC, 2006-YC, Sept 2007-BC, Dec 2007-BC, Sept-Oct 2008-BC for F&W and Deluxe Dining, Sept 2009-BC with FD and F&W, Sept 2010-BC, Sept 2011-YC
adizzle819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #290
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
Where was this from? Looks very yummy.
The Capp float is sold behind the flying carpets in the MK...the corner shop across from where you meet Jasmine and Aladdin. It's so good!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #291
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Oh my, where can you get a corn dog for a snack credit? And is the Tinker Bell slush found at multiple locations? My boys would love both. Thanks!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #292
peach3es
I'm stateside!!! :)

Thanks for adding more pictures! That pretzel looks amazing! Where in DHS can we find that? It looks like a meal in itself!
peach3es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #293
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

Loving all the pics. Keep them coming!
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
mickeysgirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #294
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

We just got back from Disney and OH MY GOD!!! the food is crazy~ we did the free basic dining...

We felt like all we were doing is eating! We were there for 7 days and on our last day between the two of us (adults) we had 6 counter service & 5 snack credits left!

we ended up going to Downtown Disney on our way to the airport and getting a couple of sandwichs to bring on the plane with us and went to the candy shop to bring some snacks home!

We'd get to our adr and think...oh my gosh...we have to eat..again
1/2 the time we'd split meals and still be too full for dessert!
justplaingoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #295
zoie101
1038 miles to the north

Thanks so much to the free dining in sept now we get a glimpse before we go in Dec
Polynesian 2008
Pop Century 2008
Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level 2010
Pop Century 2010
All Stars Sports Girls Trip 2011
Pop Century 2012
zoie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #296
Picabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplaingoofy View Post
We just got back from Disney and OH MY GOD!!! the food is crazy~ we did the free basic dining...

We felt like all we were doing is eating! We were there for 7 days and on our last day between the two of us (adults) we had 6 counter service & 5 snack credits left!

we ended up going to Downtown Disney on our way to the airport and getting a couple of sandwichs to bring on the plane with us and went to the candy shop to bring some snacks home!

We'd get to our adr and think...oh my gosh...we have to eat..again
1/2 the time we'd split meals and still be too full for dessert!
So please tell us you're going to post pix of the food/snacks!!!
OK so if you had 7days and 6 counter service meals left...did you just eat one meal a day at Table Service or did you pay for some meals OOP? Makes it sound like you only ate once a day!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #297
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So please tell us you're going to post pix of the food/snacks!!!
OK so if you had 7days and 6 counter service meals left...did you just eat one meal a day at Table Service or did you pay for some meals OOP? Makes it sound like you only ate once a day!
We didn't pay OOP for anything... we ended up splitting most meals. We split alot of t.s. meals too with the exception of buffets & skillet. At the sit down restaurants we'd order 2 drinks and expect to pay out of pocket for it, but when the bill came there was no charge. I asked the waitstaff if I owed them anything oop for it, but they said not to worry about it. (we always double the tip when splitting meals anyway so we added in the cost of the drink to the tip too)

Between the two of us we had 12 counter service, 12 T.S. and 12 snacks. Heres what we did:

Day 1: (used 1 counter & 2 t.s.)
arrival day- lunch at Resort split cheeseburger/fries, bought mugs, (got a bottle of water to bring with us, and dessert....brownie sundae yum! and it was so big we couldn't finish.

dinner- crystal palace

Day 2: (used 2 snacks, 1 counters, & 1 t.s.)
breakfast- snack credit (bagel & cream cheese)
lunch- 1 C.S. (toy story pizza planet) pizza, salad, water, & rice krispy
dinner- 1 T.S.(50's primetime) split pot roast, milkshake, apple crisp (couldn't even eat 1/2 of it)

Day 3: (used 3 Counters)
breakfast- granola bar (brought from home)
lunch- stopped at Coronado Springs split the fajitas, water, cinnamon roll
dinner- Wolfgang puck express (each had salads, waters, brownies)

Day 4: (used 4 t.s., 2 snacks)
breakfast- Cape May breakfast buffet
lunch- mcflurrys (snack)
dinner- fish & chips @ Rose & Crown, smoothies, & chocolate cake to go.

Day 5: (used 1 c.s., 1 t.s.,1 snack)
breakast- granola bars & bagel
lunch- 1 c.s. split taco salad from our resort (all star music), w/ water & brownie sundae.
dinner- 1 t.s. split chicken Parm, cake, soda at Mama Melrose.

Day 6 (used 4 t.s., 2 snacks)
breakfast- 2 t.s. Crystal Palace
lunch - 2 snacks(split) cream cheese pretzel, & dole whip float
dinner- Whispering Canyon (milk shakes, skillet, (no dessert, too full)

Day 7 (used 6 c.s.,? snacks)
breakfast- 2 c.s. (combo platter, & breakfast sandwich
lunch- 2 c.s. (chicken nugget meal & taco salad with brownies.
stopped at Downtown disney for some sandwiches to go, and to use up our snack credit.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #298
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Oh my, where can you get a corn dog for a snack credit? And is the Tinker Bell slush found at multiple locations? My boys would love both. Thanks!
There's a couple of places...the little carts in Frontierland and in Adventureland....
Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #299
Picabo

Justplaingoofy - I'm VERY impressed! What a great way to use the dining plan to the fullest! I'm not sure I'd ever convince DH to split meals with me...he isn't a huge guy but he can pack in the food. However he's not used to snacking between meals, either...so who knows? Thanks for the breakdown. it's nice to see it all put together!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #300
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Justplaingoofy - I'm VERY impressed! What a great way to use the dining plan to the fullest! I'm not sure I'd ever convince DH to split meals with me...he isn't a huge guy but he can pack in the food. However he's not used to snacking between meals, either...so who knows? Thanks for the breakdown. it's nice to see it all put together!
If you are thinking you might be able to split the counter services, try ordering 1 knowing you can go back & get a second if you're still hungry.

FYI, Toy Story Pizza Planets combo meal of personal pizza, salad & dessert was ALOT of food! Also, for those at All Star Resorts the taco salad is gigantic!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: