Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #781
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I use this as my screen saver at work. So pretty and I've had people ask if I took it while I was in NOLA Memorial Day.

I always laugh and say I totally stole it from the net and it's a Disney Resort.

I actually was comparing the French Quarter to my stay at POFQ. The beignets were better at the Cafe Du Monde, but the grounds were prettier at POFQ.
I just came across this photo. I was not sure of what resort we would stay at for our trip in 2013. This one picture convinced me that I want to stay here. Thanks for sharing and I also immediately made it my screen saver at work.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #782
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by °O°Joe View Post
Post 730 on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
I just came across this photo. I was not sure of what resort we would stay at for our trip in 2013. This one picture convinced me that I want to stay here. Thanks for sharing and I also immediately made it my screen saver at work.
This was the post with the picture originally. That is who deserves all the thanks. He has the best shots.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #783
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

Here are some pictures of the grounds and pool that I took during my stay in May 2012.

*1992-Offsite *1994-Offsite *2/15-20, 2007-All Star Music *5/17-28, 2010-Kidani Village @ AKL Dining *10/7-11, 2011-Beach Club Villas Dining *1/10-11, 2012-Old Key West *1/2012-10/2013 WDWCP/Seasonal CM at Epcot Main Entrance *2/9-12, 2012-Coronado Springs *5/10-5/11, 2012-All Star Music Four Months of Disney Dining *5/22-26,2012-All Star Sports *5/26-27, 2012-Port Orleans French Quarter *12/17-21, 2012-Wilderness Lodge *5/7-10, 2013-Pop Century *7/24-30, 2013-Art of Animation *1/6-10, 2014 -Art of Animation *3/25-29, 2014-All Star Movies *3/29-30, 2014-Boardwalk Villas *5/18-23, 2014-Paradise Pier *8/13-18, 2014-Caribbean Beach *8/18-19, 2014-Grand Floridian Trip Report & Dining *12/14-19, 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter (TR in Progress) Dining *3/17-23, 2015-Coronado Springs-The Never Ending PTR! *10/9-13, 2015-Old Key West

bellebookworm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #784
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl

Post 730 on this thread

This was the post with the picture originally. That is who deserves all the thanks. He has the best shots.
Thanks. I agree his shots are great.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #785
Queila
DIS Veteran

Aug. 2012

Queila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #786
jckirner
Earning My Ears

Beautiful pictures. Especially like the evening pond shots with the frog fountains!

POFQ was the first Disney resort I ever stayed in (1996). I thought I was being terribly extravagant and spendy rather than staying in an ultra-budget offsite hotel. The experience was amazing - and I have a hard time staying offsite now!

I'm so grateful to be able to experience these resorts first hand!

Working on Staying at all the Disney Resort hotels!! All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, All-Star Movies, Pop Century, Fort Wilderness Caribbean Beach Resort, Dixie Landings/Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Coronado Springs Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Disney Villas, Disney Townhouses, Beach Club, Disney's Paradise Pier (Disneyland)

jckirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #787
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Ooh, Hidden Mickey in the curtain going to the sink area. I hadn't noticed that one in other pictures.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #788
DoctorWhoGirl
Mouseketeer

Seeing all these pictures of PRFQ makes me even more excited about our upcoming stay! I stayed here years ago right after it opened (I was just a kid then) and I can't wait to bring my hubby and boys here.

WDW Vacations:
Nov 2012 - POFQ
Oct/Nov 2013 - WL & MNSSHP
Dec 2014 - POR - MVMCP
DoctorWhoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #789
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Looking at these pics remind me of our trip last year. We enjoyed our stay at POFQ so much. DS loved the slide (his 1st slide ever).

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #790
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to our first FQ stay. We have always picked Riverside for our moderate stays. Also looking forward to seeing Elliot's show.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #791
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

We stayed at French Quarter (for the first time) on our last trip in February.

*not sure why I didn't take any of the pool area but I did record that area on my video camera*

(I thought this looked like a dolphin and was a pretty cool shadow)

(another cool shadow that looked like a manta ray)

bluehawaii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #792
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Pofq

Wow, did DW and I miss POFQ during our recent trip. We went 9/21 - 9-30 and stayed at AOA w/ free dining. We loved AOA but realized that value resorts just aren't for us anymore.

We stayed at POP many times and loved it, stayed at POFQ a couple times and loved it, recently stayed at AOA and loved it. BUT going from POFQ back to a value was rough.

We just prefer the smaller, quieter resort now. We love the boat to DTD, and buses that aren't packed to the max. We are definitely saving a little extra to make sure we stay at POFQ next trip.

PS, love all the pics!!
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #793
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
Wow, did DW and I miss POFQ during our recent trip. We went 9/21 - 9-30 and stayed at AOA w/ free dining. We loved AOA but realized that value resorts just aren't for us anymore.

We stayed at POP many times and loved it, stayed at POFQ a couple times and loved it, recently stayed at AOA and loved it. BUT going from POFQ back to a value was rough.

We just prefer the smaller, quieter resort now. We love the boat to DTD, and buses that aren't packed to the max. We are definitely saving a little extra to make sure we stay at POFQ next trip.

PS, love all the pics!!
We used to stay at the Value resorts on our annual trips until about 4 or so years ago when we had enough of them. The food court was always super packed and people would leave their trash on the tables. My mom couldn't even get a cup of coffee in the morning because it was so packed. Same with the pool and the buses. We also always seemed to be put in an area where kids would run at night and it caused a lot of noise. We also go around the time the cheerleaders are the Disney World, so it was extra packed.

After that, we decided to stay at the moderates. We stayed at CB two years in a row and really enjoyed it. We stayed at POFQ this past year and I really liked it. For our upcoming trip in February, we are staying at POR because my mom visited their on our last trip and seemed to really like it (didn't stay there but just visited). For our trip in a couple of weeks, we are staying at AoA. We normally are the ones who book early but the people we are going with decided to book AoA (which we didn't want because of the reasons listed above) so that's where we are going.

I can imagine I won't be a huge fan since I love the Moderates and am used to them now but it's only for a week so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #794
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool AOA vs POFQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 View Post
We used to stay at the Value resorts on our annual trips until about 4 or so years ago when we had enough of them. The food court was always super packed and people would leave their trash on the tables. My mom couldn't even get a cup of coffee in the morning because it was so packed. Same with the pool and the buses. We also always seemed to be put in an area where kids would run at night and it caused a lot of noise. We also go around the time the cheerleaders are the Disney World, so it was extra packed.

After that, we decided to stay at the moderates. We stayed at CB two years in a row and really enjoyed it. We stayed at POFQ this past year and I really liked it. For our upcoming trip in February, we are staying at POR because my mom visited their on our last trip and seemed to really like it (didn't stay there but just visited). For our trip in a couple of weeks, we are staying at AoA. We normally are the ones who book early but the people we are going with decided to book AoA (which we didn't want because of the reasons listed above) so that's where we are going.

I can imagine I won't be a huge fan since I love the Moderates and am used to them now but it's only for a week so hopefully it won't be too bad.
AOA was wonderful. It was well themed and we enjoyed our stay. But for the same reasons you noted, we just prefer POFQ. It's just the little things...

We get up early and are usually at the food courts by 7am. AOA, there were always a lot of people already there and it was noisy. At POFQ, we were usually the 1st or 2nd family there and it was quiet.

AOA buses were packed the majority of the time. Coming back from a park at night, we were standing 99% of the time. POFQ we stood on a bus maybe 1-2 times over two trips.

When we git back from a park, AOA was bust and activate late. Pools were busy, peopel were out and about, movies were playing, lots of foot traffic, food court was always busy. POFQ, not so much...

So yeah, nect trip for us. POFQ, no question!!
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #795
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
AOA was wonderful. It was well themed and we enjoyed our stay. But for the same reasons you noted, we just prefer POFQ. It's just the little things...

We get up early and are usually at the food courts by 7am. AOA, there were always a lot of people already there and it was noisy. At POFQ, we were usually the 1st or 2nd family there and it was quiet.

AOA buses were packed the majority of the time. Coming back from a park at night, we were standing 99% of the time. POFQ we stood on a bus maybe 1-2 times over two trips.

When we git back from a park, AOA was bust and activate late. Pools were busy, peopel were out and about, movies were playing, lots of foot traffic, food court was always busy. POFQ, not so much...

So yeah, nect trip for us. POFQ, no question!!
Yeah, we experienced the same thing as you did when we stayed at POFQ (as well as Caribbean Beach). The pool area was seldom busy (my cousin and I even got to swim in the little alcoved area near the slide alone because no one was even in the pool) and the buses were never full. The food court was also never busy. It was just a much more relaxing experience overall.

I am staying at POR in February so I am sure the experience will be the same.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: