Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > In Memoriam
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #31
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post

I wish that I had vacation memories with my dad, he didn't like to travel much. He would stay home and send me and mom on trips. He did like to fish and my favorite memory is of a fishing trip his company took off the coast that he took me on. It was awesome!
Any memory of a 'special' time with your parents, Disney or not, is precious! By the time we start to really appreciate them, the time left to us is too short.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #32
bellasmommy0
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry about your loss. But thank you for sharing the pictures. I dont have very good childhood memories (long story) but I am trying to make them for my daughter! Have a great time in Sept and remember your dad will be with you for the whole trip!!
Looking at the pics, I wonder now how we wore the multiple pairs of socks without our feet burning up. I guess they did, and we just didnt care! Sacrifice for fashion!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #33
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmommy0 View Post
I am so sorry about your loss. But thank you for sharing the pictures. I dont have very good childhood memories (long story) but I am trying to make them for my daughter! Have a great time in Sept and remember your dad will be with you for the whole trip!!
Looking at the pics, I wonder now how we wore the multiple pairs of socks without our feet burning up. I guess they did, and we just didnt care! Sacrifice for fashion!
Your welcome! I hope you could live vicariously through me. I know I was very fortunate!

I think we wanted to make a fashion statement, I just don't remember what it was!!??

Old 06-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #34
bellasmommy0
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Your welcome! I hope you could live vicariously through me. I know I was very fortunate!

I think we wanted to make a fashion statement, I just don't remember what it was!!??
That is what I did, because I always dreamed of going to Disney, but didnt get too until my daughter was 3 and I was 30 something?? But now we cant stop going, everytime we can save enough we are off to see the mouse.

I think that the only fashion statement we succeeded in making was HOT SWEATY feet!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:00 AM   #35
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing!

My sympathy on the loss of your father.
What a fitting tribute to a father that loved to vacation with his family!

Thank you for sharing your love for your father and the trips that you shared with your Dis family.

GOD Bless you!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #36
sweetpea29488
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I wonder if this fountain is still there? Someone will have to let me know. I haven't been to DL since 1984. I don't remember if it was there then or not.

Alice and the Walrus

Will ya' look at this. This really makes me want to be at Disney right now. What a classic!!!

First, let me say how sorry I am for your loss.

DH and I went to DL for the first time last year and if I remember correctly the fountain is still there. I'll have to check my photos because I think we took one of it. If I can find it and find out how to post pictures, I'll post it.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #37
IlovemythreeC's
Mouseketeer

This was awesome ~ I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I type. I am so so sorry for your loss.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us! What a beautiful tribute to him. And thanks for the reminders about how we need to be thankful for our families. You are so right.

I will be thinking about you in September- I hope you do a pretrippie! I will be looking out for it.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #38
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemythreeC's View Post
This was awesome ~ I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I type. I am so so sorry for your loss.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us! What a beautiful tribute to him. And thanks for the reminders about how we need to be thankful for our families. You are so right.

I will be thinking about you in September- I hope you do a pretrippie! I will be looking out for it.
First thanks everyone! I'm glad to know my work is appreciated.

Sweat Pea, that's awesome about the fountain. I just figured it was gone. There is a section about photos somewhere on these boards. It can answer your questions about posting pics - it's not very hard, just time consuming. I think most people do use Photobucket to store their photos.

3c's, the link to my PTR is in my signature. If you can't see signatures it is under the PTR section of trip reports titled 'ADRs, Touring Plans, Free Dining? What?'

Last edited by lazydoxy66; 06-13-2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #39
Jess4Disney
Earning My Ears

THANK YOU so much for posting this..
I'm bawling as I'm reading this.. but it's the good kind of relief.

you started the thread 6/5.. the 2 year anniversary of losing my father was 6/6. I'm sorry that you had to go through losing your dad.. I understand how you feel

What wonderful pictures you have. Thank you again for letting us in on this special time )

And yes.. that fountain is still there.. I love the wishing well also, the one that sings. (In fact, I read that the fountain statues are placed the way they are.. with snow white at the top.. because they mistakingly made her the same size as the dwarves. So putting her at the top gives an optical illusion that she's taller.)
Old 06-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #40
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess4Disney View Post
THANK YOU so much for posting this..
I'm bawling as I'm reading this.. but it's the good kind of relief.

you started the thread 6/5.. the 2 year anniversary of losing my father was 6/6. I'm sorry that you had to go through losing your dad.. I understand how you feel

What wonderful pictures you have. Thank you again for letting us in on this special time )

And yes.. that fountain is still there.. I love the wishing well also, the one that sings. (In fact, I read that the fountain statues are placed the way they are.. with snow white at the top.. because they mistakingly made her the same size as the dwarves. So putting her at the top gives an optical illusion that she's taller.)
I didn't mean to make anyone cry. I'm sorry about your dad also. I just felt the need to do something for my dad especially since it will be Father's Day this weekend. I love looking at old pics also. We need to start a section for Disney Past TRs if there isn't one.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #41
DisneygirlTeacher
Rather Be At Disney World!

What a heartwarming trip report and it is such a wonderful tribute to your wonderful dad! How awesome is that to be a single dad and take your children on such fun trips! He will be there with you in spirit when you go back, I am sure of that.
and
Been Too Many Times to Count
Worked at Disney While in College
Old 06-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #42
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

I loved this trip report. It was a sweet way to share your memories of Disney with your dad. I loved what you said about him being a 7 yr old cowboy with no worries. You are right, we do need to remind our parents we love them and let them know what our fondest memories of them are.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #43
marriedtodisneylover
Earning My Ears

I am sorry for your loss. 6/5 was the 3 year anniversary of my father's passing. My father passed 4 months before our Oct 07 trip (at the age of 61). He was supposed to be going with us (myself, husband, two kids and mom) and couldn't wait to be in Disney with his two grandkids. Because we knew how much he loved going to Disney we decided not to cancel the trip. I truly know how you feel when you say you will miss calling him and showing him pictures. Were there times we all cried while in Disney because of how much we all wished he was there - yes. But there were also lots of smiles and laughter knowing he was "with us" and would have loved this ride or that restaurant. My many trips to Disney with my dad may still bring some tears to my eyes but they also bring me so much happiness - my memories will always be with me.

Thank you for sharing your pictures. Your TR made me both cry and smile.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #44
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

This was a very sweet tribute to your dad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing your photos with all of us. I haven't been to WDW since 87 and some of my happiest memories are of that trip with my dad, mom, brother and sister. The photos of Epcot from around that time bring back a lot of happy times.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #45
Hendoendo
Mouseketeer

Thanks for bringing back fond memories of my Dad on Father's Day. My Dad passed away in 1989, two months after he retired. Your pictures and thoughts made me remember all the great times we shared together. I recently became a Father in December and I hope I Can be half the dad he was.
Feb 76 Contemporary
Feb 79 Offsite
Feb 80 Offsite
Feb 83 Contemporary
May 95 Offsite
May 98 Offsite
October 9-15 2006 Disneymoon at POR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: