Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #1006
JudyW
Do you think they will let me live at the Magic Kingdom permenantly?

We absolutely love this resort!! We stayed there for the first time last year and will be back there in July!! Can't wait!!!!!
2011, 2012, 2013
Disney Cruise Lines: 2014

JudyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #1007
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Even more pictures of my rainy walk around the resort. Another "parking lot view"

**I have more to share just have to find them on Photobucket.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #1008
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Getting the Disney fever again I know last time we went we had CBR reservations and then a 30% discount came out for the Poly so we switched. We are now deciding on CBR again for our next trip. We have never been there so maybe we will stay there this next time, if we dont change my mind again
Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #1009
chels20
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to going to CBR

Chelsea
chels20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #1010
evabraniff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyW View Post
We absolutely love this resort!! We stayed there for the first time last year and will be back there in July!! Can't wait!!!!!
We're staying there next week! :-)

May 2012 : Coronado Springs
May 2013 : Caribbean Beach Resort
evabraniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #1011
rmargani
Earning My Ears

I'm a little worried about staying at CBR due to the sheer size of the resort itself. How is the transportation? Are the buses filled at the first 'island' and then the others have to wait for an empty bus? Does each bus stop at each 'island' before you go to the parks?

Btw: we check in at CBR on Sunday.
rmargani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #1012
toddh618
Earning My Ears

I stayed there on my last trip and I did not think they were that bad. My previous trip was ASM and they seem crowded almost all the time.
toddh618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #1013
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargani View Post
I'm a little worried about staying at CBR due to the sheer size of the resort itself. How is the transportation? Are the buses filled at the first 'island' and then the others have to wait for an empty bus? Does each bus stop at each 'island' before you go to the parks?

I didn't look at the date of your post so you may have already gone on vacation. Honestly, I feel as if the size/walking distances are over-exaggerated. Our walk from one of the furthest rooms in Barbados to Old Port Royale was a little over six minutes at a leisurely pace. We did get held up when walking behind a couple with a stroller but the walk still wasn't long.

While some do not like that the buses stop at each village, we actually prefer it that way. In all of our stays at the CBR, we have never encountered a bus that was simply too full to board (except when leaving the parks at the end of the night and that's the case with all resorts).

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #1014
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I went back and look at the date of your post so I hope that you'll see my answer before you leave. Click on the link in my signature...the Excuse Me link....to have a look around the resort and our thoughts on walking around the resort. I have quick links in post 8.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #1015
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I didn't look at the date of your post so you may have already gone on vacation. Honestly, I feel as if the size/walking distances are over-exaggerated. Our walk from one of the furthest rooms in Barbados to Old Port Royale was a little over six minutes at a leisurely pace. We did get held up when walking behind a couple with a stroller but the walk still wasn't long.

While some do not like that the buses stop at each village, we actually prefer it that way. In all of our stays at the CBR, we have never encountered a bus that was simply too full to board (except when leaving the parks at the end of the night and that's the case with all resorts).
I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I did not find the walk to be bad at all. I walked from the Customs House when we checked in to OPR, through the parking lots and got lost a few times and it only took me 13 minutes. The walks are not terrible at all. In fact I think it took me longer to walk from the Hawaii building at the Poly to the TTC!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #1016
rmargani
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! Now for the paranoid part...did you see any snakes when you were there? I made the big mistake of reading a thread about it last night and CBR seemed to have the most issues posted.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #1017
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Now for the paranoid part...did you see any snakes when you were there? I made the big mistake of reading a thread about it last night and CBR seemed to have the most issues posted.
You won't see more snakes at CBR over any other resort. I have seen at least one snake at every WDW resort, park and water park. WDW is built in the middle of marsh/swamp land. Every one I've seen has been very small and was doing their best to get out of the way. In fact after 3 CBR stays, I've only come across one. However 3 of them at POR and 2 each at Poly, BC and GF. All sightings have been on a sidewalk, never seen one in or close to our room.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #1018
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Completely agree with this!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #1019
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went back and look at the date of your post so I hope that you'll see my answer before you leave. Click on the link in my signature...the Excuse Me link....to have a look around the resort and our thoughts on walking around the resort. I have quick links in post 8.
Just spent the past hour catching up on some of your trip reports. I love reading them and get to giggling at some of the funny things your family does I was only going to read a few post and ended up reading most of them
Old 04-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #1020
rmargani
Earning My Ears

Thanks dansdad! That makes me feel better. We saw before when we were in AK so I realize they are around but the thread made it sound like it was a huge problem!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: