Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #886
gg060571
Earning My Ears

I think I will stay standard because we don't spend all day in the parks and we pretty much just go with the flow, and we really don't mind walking at all. We are driving our own car, so we won't be waiting for buses, with that said I don't mind taking a little more time strolling the resort. I am very excited about staying here, I have stayed at all the mods except this one hopefully I saved the best for last
gg060571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:26 AM   #887
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg060571 View Post
I think I will stay standard because we don't spend all day in the parks and we pretty much just go with the flow, and we really don't mind walking at all. We are driving our own car, so we won't be waiting for buses, with that said I don't mind taking a little more time strolling the resort. I am very excited about staying here, I have stayed at all the mods except this one hopefully I saved the best for last
I think you're going into a stay at the CBR with just the right attitude. You're "go with the flow" style should fit right in with the relaxing feel of the resort.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #888
imaprincez
Earning My Ears

All these photos have me so excited to be staying at CBR...I requested an area, but I can care less where I stay in the resort as long as I am there!!
2012- Caribbean Beach Resort
2013- ?????
imaprincez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #889
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I felt just like you and was worried about staying at CBR b/c of all the bad reviews. I have to say though that after staying there last fall I am really confused as to why there's so much negativity around CBR. We loved everything about the resort. It's beautiful, very realxing and has one of the best pools on property, imo. We also had no issues at all with the buses. I'm not sure if that was because we went in early November when it wasn't crowded or what. I think maybe most of the bad reviews come from people who travel during the busy summer season, but when you add masses of people into any equation, you are going to lose some of the magic. I don't think that has anything to do with CBR specifically though. The only thing that I thought was a ligitimate complaint was that some of the buildings are very far away from OPR. I knew that going in though and made sure I asked for one of the buildings that is closest to the pool and food court. Other than that, I just can't imagine what there would be to complain about. As for the resort being run down... that one really boggles my mind. All the rooms have recently been refurbed and they look great! And I thought the resort itself was extremely well groomed. The lawns were perfectly manicured and there are lush tropical plants and flowers everywhere. My advice to you would be to not worry about those reviews at all. I think you are going to love CBR and see that is a jewel among Disney resorts! Besides, you have to take people's opinions (including mine ) with a grain of salt because you'll never know until you go!
I could not agree with you more. We stayed there during Spring Break this year, it was crowded all over WDW and I know the resort was sold out or close to it, but it never felt crowded (seating at the main pool was challenging a few times but we run into that at any resort when its peak season). Our room was so clean and nice, the grounds were immaculate and the pools were top notch and always clean and well maintained.

I understand everyone has different experiences but we have had two great stays at CBR with #3 in less than six months and we have nothing but good things to say about it.

The size issue gets people worried and there are a lot of misconceptions about this. Just on Tripadivisor today, I saw one person say they only have one check in for "seven hotels". Seven villages as in seven sections yes, but seven hotels? I also see people say it can take 30 minutes to get to the food court and I am sorry, but that is simply not true unless you literally walk at a snails pace.

CBR is on par with walking with POR and CSR, and for that matter GF and Poly can have some walking too. Then there is SSR and OKW which are also very spread out. If you like a one building set up, CBR is not a good pick, but at Disney, even the one building set ups have you walking depending on your location. We were the last room down the hall at BWV and to get to the bus stop via that long hallway, thru the lobby and then down to to the bus stop took longer than anything we have had at any other resort.

Its WDW, you walk no matter where you stay.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #890
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

Thank you to all who have posted photos. We stayed at CBR in 2006 and are returning this Sept for Free Dinning. I was thinking of trying to book at POFQ instead but this pics have made me rethink that idea.

Riverhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #891
suorkaterina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill View Post
Thank you to all who have posted photos. We stayed at CBR in 2006 and are returning this Sept for Free Dinning. I was thinking of trying to book at POFQ instead but this pics have made me rethink that idea.
September for us too on free dining. I can't wait for summer to be over... I can't believe I just said that!
suorkaterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #892
jdd
DIS Veteran

Just got back from a fabulous trip to CBR on Monday and thought I'd share my pictures (though they're not as good as most on this thread!) First, our room in Jamaica (as requested) - building 46 - king room:

Nemo wallpaper:

View from our doorway:

March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #893
jdd
DIS Veteran

Walking the resort on Saturday morning (my favorite thing to do at Disney )

View of our room from the courtyard - corner room right at the top of the stairs:
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #894
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

I loved all these pictures. What a beautiful resort. When we are at WDW DH insists on the monorail hotels. He doesnt like the buses. Im trying to expand his mind a bit. All the hotels are so wonderful. I did get him to stay at WL and he liked that. Im hoping to get him to stay at BC or YC this year. I'll have to show him this thread so he can see how cool all the hotels are. Thanks all.
kerriemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #895
jdd
DIS Veteran

Sunday morning's walk - at sunrise - the pictures don't do justice to how beautiful it was that morning

Old 05-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #896
jdd
DIS Veteran

Oh, and I know someone requested a picture of the fountain drink selection in Old Port Royale. Here's the pic I took:

Also, after I took this, I realized the center section had two additional selections - Minute Maid Pomegranate Lemonade and Blue Powerade.

Hope that helps!

I didn't see the request for the coffee machine until I got home - sorry!

We're not coffee drinkers, so didn't use it. All I can say is that it looked new, was black , and there was no pot - so I guess it was single use?? I really know nothing about coffee, sorry! You can see a little bit of it in the corner of the one room picture in my previous post.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #897
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Oh, and I know someone requested a picture of the fountain drink selection in Old Port Royale. Here's the pic I took:

Also, after I took this, I realized the center section had two additional selections - Minute Maid Pomegranate Lemonade and Blue Powerade.

Hope that helps!

I didn't see the request for the coffee machine until I got home - sorry!

We're not coffee drinkers, so didn't use it. All I can say is that it looked new, was black , and there was no pot - so I guess it was single use?? I really know nothing about coffee, sorry! You can see a little bit of it in the corner of the one room picture in my previous post.
THANK YOU!! The only pictures I have seen are from many years ago and I wanted to know what the drink selection was for the kids. Thanks for the extra info on the blue powerade, that will keep me from needing to have Gatorade delivered.
Your resort pictures are lovely and I am glad you had a great trip.
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #898
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise cruise cruise View Post
THANK YOU!! The only pictures I have seen are from many years ago and I wanted to know what the drink selection was for the kids. Thanks for the extra info on the blue powerade, that will keep me from needing to have Gatorade delivered.
Your resort pictures are lovely and I am glad you had a great trip.
You're welcome! I like the blue powerade too as my kids drink that and when we're back in August, I'm sure we'll need it! I'm assuming all the resorts have the same selection

Are you leaving soon? Have a wonderful trip!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #899
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Awesome pictures Jdd!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #900
mxkris
Mouseketeer

LOVEE The sunrise pictures! Can't wait! 4 months to go!!

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
mxkris is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: