Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #811
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Continuing the walk and headed towards Barbados:

At one point, the pathway is wooden and goes through a semi-wooded area which I happen to like as it's a nice break from plain concrete pathways:

View across the lake from Barbados:

Even the garbage cans are themed:

***Continued in next post

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #812
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

On my way towards Aruba now:

The view from Aruba:

Arriving back in Jamaica:

The bridge that goes from Aruba and Jamaica to Old Port Royale:

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #813
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Oh....my.....mickeymouse!

I have totally fallen in love with this resort through these pictures, and have to stay here. It looks so beautiful! My two favourite holidays are Sandals in the Caribbean (Negril, Jamaica particularly) and WDW - I can't believe I've never bothered looking at this resort before.

Can I ask some questions please (sorry if they are a bit dumb):

- does every island have a play area/adventure playground with slides?
- is the main pool at the Old Port Royale area?
- what is on Caribbean Cay?

- which colours are each island's buildings? From photos, I think Jamaica is yellow and Aruba is pink - but which ones are blue, mint green, terracotta and blue?

Which island/building could you recommend to request when we go; we would really like the following (in order) -

close to: main pool, a playground, a beach, food court, where we can park the car - oh and not too far from a bus stop (I don't want much do I!? )

We're not bothered about what view we have, and would rather have the standard decor than a theme (no way I could sleep with the skull stuff everywhere (I'm such a baby lol!)

Thanks so much in advance!

Rachel x
WDW Commando Club member #197
Rachandgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #814
meandthemouse
*03/27/05 the day my life changed forever, I began the journey with the love of my life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachandgarry View Post
Oh....my.....mickeymouse!

I have totally fallen in love with this resort through these pictures, and have to stay here. It looks so beautiful! My two favourite holidays are Sandals in the Caribbean (Negril, Jamaica particularly) and WDW - I can't believe I've never bothered looking at this resort before.

Can I ask some questions please (sorry if they are a bit dumb):

- does every island have a play area/adventure playground with slides?
- is the main pool at the Old Port Royale area?
- what is on Caribbean Cay?

- which colours are each island's buildings? From photos, I think Jamaica is yellow and Aruba is pink - but which ones are blue, mint green, terracotta and blue?

Which island/building could you recommend to request when we go; we would really like the following (in order) -

close to: main pool, a playground, a beach, food court, where we can park the car - oh and not too far from a bus stop (I don't want much do I!? )

We're not bothered about what view we have, and would rather have the standard decor than a theme (no way I could sleep with the skull stuff everywhere (I'm such a baby lol!)

Thanks so much in advance!

Rachel x
Hi there Rachel!!

I'm going to the CBR the end of next week yay!!! This will be my 3rd stay at this resort. To answer your question......yes each island does have its own smaller quiet pool! Which I love. The big pool is indeed located at the Port Royal area. There's also a fire pit where they do marshmellow roasting ( I haven't done that yet.) There are hammocks as you walk around near the beaches. *swoon**
I have no kids but from what I've read the Caribbean Cay is a playground. As for the colors: I'm attaching a link to the hotels map it shows all the islands and their colors. Some are similar and I didn't want to confuse you! As for where to stay. Last year I stayed in Barbados we were a 7 minute walk to port royal, and 2 minutes from a bus stop. The time before that I stayed in Barbados which is far from everything but I was with my mom who rented a car so no big deal. Request either building 45 or 51 they are the closest to PR without being "preferred rooms". The scenery is gorgeous, I can't wait to go jogging around the resort grounds. I hope you enjoy it too!!

- Ashley*

Link to map:*http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...ps/WDW_CBR.jpg

meandthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #815
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Mickeystoontown, thanks for the awesome pics!! Makes me miss CBR even more! We absolutely love this resort.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #816
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandthemouse View Post
Hi there Rachel!!

I'm going to the CBR the end of next week yay!!! This will be my 3rd stay at this resort. To answer your question......yes each island does have its own smaller quiet pool! Which I love. The big pool is indeed located at the Port Royal area. There's also a fire pit where they do marshmellow roasting ( I haven't done that yet.) There are hammocks as you walk around near the beaches. *swoon**
I have no kids but from what I've read the Caribbean Cay is a playground. As for the colors: I'm attaching a link to the hotels map it shows all the islands and their colors. Some are similar and I didn't want to confuse you! As for where to stay. Last year I stayed in Barbados we were a 7 minute walk to port royal, and 2 minutes from a bus stop. The time before that I stayed in Barbados which is far from everything but I was with my mom who rented a car so no big deal. Request either building 45 or 51 they are the closest to PR without being "preferred rooms". The scenery is gorgeous, I can't wait to go jogging around the resort grounds. I hope you enjoy it too!!

- Ashley*

Link to map:*http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...ps/WDW_CBR.jpg
Thanks so much for that, it has really really helped. I managed to compare the map, with google maps satellite view to see where everything is. Its all much clearer now.

What has surprised me, unless I'm just not seeing it clearly, is that there are no paths from the buildings out to the bus stops... you just have to walk across the car park. At home, we teach DS to stay to paths and not walk across car parks. It'll be fine though, I can't see the car park being that busy anyhow, it just surprised me.

Thanks again - huuuuge help!

Rachel x
Old 02-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #817
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! I have been reading this thread for a long time and now I am finally able to contribute a little. We spent seven nights at CBR last October and we LOVED it! We were there from October 30-November 6, 2011. I have tons and tons of pictures but to make it easier on me, I am just going to post them as I get to them in my TR. (I’m basically just going to copy my TR posts about CBR over here.)

We drove to CBR after our cruise on the Disney Dream. It took about an hour to get there from Port Canaveral.

First stop, check-in desk…

I have to say that it was love at first sight for me at Caribbean Beach Resort. It is absolutely beautiful! Tropical flowers abound and everything is so cheery and colorful.

The lobby was practically empty, so we had no wait to check in.

I had requested to be in building 45 in the Jamaica section. That building is one of the closest ones to the bridge that leads to OPR. I also think it is the best location you can get without paying for a preferred room. I was really crossing my fingers that we would get what we asked for, but we actually got MORE than we asked for! We were upgraded for free to a water view room in Jamaica 45!!!!!!

Back to the car to go check out the room…

I think the Jamaica section is so pretty with the yellow, white and blue color scheme.

Railing detail…

I was thrilled with our room location. We walked out of our door and were literally right next to the bridge! It was fantastic!

The standard rooms have a Finding Nemo theme, which we loved because that is our favorite Disney movie. All the rooms at CBR are Nemo themed except for the Pirate rooms in Trinidad South.

Bedding details…

Continued in next post
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #818
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Wallpaper border at the ceiling…

The picture in our room…

There is a fridge inside that cabinet.

The water view…

Considering that I was expecting to be overlooking the parking lot, I was VERY happy with this view!

And just outside our door was this beautiful flowerbed bursting with fall colors.

The bridge is right behind the flowers. Awesome location!

Aruba to the left…

And Trinidad South to the right…

The room was clean and a little more spacious than the value resorts that we are used to. I loved the ceiling fan and fridge in the room. The décor was cute and the view/location was PERFECT! I was a very happy camper!

Have I mentioned that we LOVED CBR?

I’ll post more pics as soon as I get to them!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #819
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great pics Rinky!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #820
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Great currect photos of CBR! These photos are making me more excited about our trip in June 2012
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
WDW and Sea World Orlando June 2014- The "B" resort in DTD
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #821
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Rinky, your pictures are fantastic! I'm counting down the days until I'm enjoying the CBR again.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #822
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Wow, love those pics Rinky!!

Just a quick question - does anyone have a map of the room numbers in the Jamaica building? Usually on the back of the room door, they have a plan of the building with fire escapes marked (or is that just in Europe?), I often take a photo of it to refer back to!

We are hoping to go next year - and I would love to be in Jamaica 45 - and Rinky's location looks perfect - but we will need two rooms, as close together as possible (2 adults and 1 child in each) and on the top floor and - here's the difficulty - we will need to put one of those children to bed early each night, and then sit somewhere outside with a baby audio monitor until we are ready for bed. Security-wise it would be fab to be able to actually see the room door from where we are sat. So, does anyone know if this is a) feasible and b) which rooms would be best - are there some where we could sit on the beach and still see our room door?

(I know there is a babysitting option but we can't really afford the costs on top of the vacation costs)

Thanks so much for any replies!

Rachel
Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #823
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachandgarry View Post
Wow, love those pics Rinky!!

Just a quick question - does anyone have a map of the room numbers in the Jamaica building? Usually on the back of the room door, they have a plan of the building with fire escapes marked (or is that just in Europe?), I often take a photo of it to refer back to!

We are hoping to go next year - and I would love to be in Jamaica 45 - and Rinky's location looks perfect - but we will need two rooms, as close together as possible (2 adults and 1 child in each) and on the top floor and - here's the difficulty - we will need to put one of those children to bed early each night, and then sit somewhere outside with a baby audio monitor until we are ready for bed. Security-wise it would be fab to be able to actually see the room door from where we are sat. So, does anyone know if this is a) feasible and b) which rooms would be best - are there some where we could sit on the beach and still see our room door?

(I know there is a babysitting option but we can't really afford the costs on top of the vacation costs)

Thanks so much for any replies!

Rachel
I don't have a map like you are referring to but I think it would be best if you requested a room overlooking a courtyard. There are courtyards in each of the resort villages complete with benches and/or umbrella tables. With a courtyard view, you would be able to see your room and still sit outside and enjoy the resort. There are also rooms that overlook the quiet pools but I think those rooms may fall under the "waterview" booking category.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #824
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

I agree with Mickeystoontown. I think the a courtyard room might be your best option. Our room was a waterview but it was not directly on the beach front. It was right around the corner from the rooms facing the water. We could easily see the beach from our room, but I'm not sure your monitor would work quite that far. And for the price of a waterview room, you could probably pay for babysitting. We got lucky and were upgraded for free. I had originally booked a standard room. But I think the courtyards are really pretty at CBR. The only thing to consider is that I believe those are smoking areas, so if that is not your thing, you might not want to hang out there.

I just went back and looked through my pictures and found this one of the Jamaica courtyard taken from the second floor (top floor). Hope this helps.

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 02-29-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #825
Sheaboys
DIS Veteran

After looking at the pictures, I am very excited that we are staying here for our August Trip. We will have 2 rooms, due to the size of our family. I hoping for Jamaica, and it is on our reservation.

The boys are excited about the pirate themed pool.

We have stayed here in 1995, for our honeymoon, 17 years ago... and honestly, I can not remember really a thing about the resort other than we were in Trinidad North.

Mom to 5 little boys
WDW-various days during the 70's and 80's as a child. DisneyLand-July 1991, DisneyWorld-April 1992 offsite
Caribbean Beach-June 1995 honeymoon, All Stars Sports-December 1998, All Star Movies- November 2000 (me, my mom and the 2 boys) DTD Hotel - May 2001, All Star Movies-September 2001 (me, the 2 boys and my girlfriend), Disneyland-December 2003 (us and the 3 boys), POR-October 2nd-8th 2005 (us and the 3 boys)Caribbean Beach-August 25, 2012-September 2,2012
POR-August 2014 (16th-26th)

(dh43) (me 42) (15)(13)(11)(7) (5)
Sheaboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: