Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #301
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
Momof2Disneyboys, thank you for the pics!

I had been leaning toward POFQ for our next stay. But I am leaning toward CBR now.
I know this has probably been asked a million times, but with the size of the resort, how are the buses? Is it easy to get to the buses from any room?

You're welcome!

There is a bus stop in each village, plus one at OPR. So you are never far from one. Some buses start at Jamaica and some start at Martinique. If you happen to get on the bus at the very first stop and have to make all the other stops it takes about 8 minutes. Yes, I timed it! Once leaving the resort it takes 3 minutes to get to DHS, 5 to Epcot, 9 to DTD, and 11 to AK & MK. We had the best bus service when we were there this earlier this year, with 90% of the waits being 5 minutes or less.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #302
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
look back on page 3 or 4 of this thread. There is a beautiful video of the fireworks over the beach. They said it was behind Banana Cabana. Could someone explain where that is?
The Banana Cabana is the pool bar. It is right by the pool at OPR!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #303
happymomof1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 732

3 more sleeps until we are at CBR-Pirate Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have stayed at this resort 2 other times along with AKL and Beach Club. WE WERE NEVER_EVER DISPPOINTED HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! It's always been clean, well kept, beautiful landscaping/gardening and so "tropical feeling"! For anyone trying to decide...it's wonderful. Plus, if you do rent a csr, or drive, parking is just outside each village. Very close. (At the delux lodges, the walk to the main parking lot can be quite a trek) We have had rooms in Jamaica and Trinidad South, both locations were enjoyable.

We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #304
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
3 more sleeps until we are at CBR-Pirate Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have stayed at this resort 2 other times along with AKL and Beach Club. WE WERE NEVER_EVER DISPPOINTED HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! It's always been clean, well kept, beautiful landscaping/gardening and so "tropical feeling"! For anyone trying to decide...it's wonderful. Plus, if you do rent a csr, or drive, parking is just outside each village. Very close. (At the delux lodges, the walk to the main parking lot can be quite a trek) We have had rooms in Jamaica and Trinidad South, both locations were enjoyable.

We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great trip! Hope you will be doing a full report with lots of pics when you get back!!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #305
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran
 
lissiesmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,574

wow! I love the pirate rooms! Are they in every building, or just certain ones?
__________________
February 2014- Animal Kingdom Lodge, Pool view
April 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savannah view
February 2012 - Dolphin, Tower of Terror view
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
lissiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #306
Shyvioletisme
So I have a doppleganger running around out there with a kid
 
Shyvioletisme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Earth
Posts: 1,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
wow! I love the pirate rooms! Are they in every building, or just certain ones?
They are only in Trinidad South
__________________
Tiffany DH Lestat

WDW: last trip:
Oct/Nov 2005 CBR for Honeymoon
FLICKR: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67045761@N00/
Shyvioletisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #307
cklinkert
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12

I was wondering...does anyone get in the water at the beaches?? We are heading there in 2 1/2 weeks! YAY!!! Cant wait and so excited that we can see fireworks...DD is terrified of the noise so this might be PERFECT!
cklinkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #308
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question
 
PrincessKsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklinkert View Post
I was wondering...does anyone get in the water at the beaches?? We are heading there in 2 1/2 weeks! YAY!!! Cant wait and so excited that we can see fireworks...DD is terrified of the noise so this might be PERFECT!
No, you cannot swim in the water at any of the lakes in Disney, due to parasites in the water that can make you extremely ill.
__________________
7/79 - Off site; 7/80 - Off site; 11/98 - Off site; 1/05 - CBR; 2/06 - ASMovies; 8/08 - ASMovies; 8/09 - CBR; 4/10 - CBR

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #309
cklinkert
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
No, you cannot swim in the water at any of the lakes in Disney, due to parasites in the water that can make you extremely ill.
thanks...I had a feeling that you couldnt...
cklinkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #310
happymomof1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Have a great trip! Hope you will be doing a full report with lots of pics when you get back!!!

Yes, I will report on CBR happily! Anyone have any sepcifics they want to know about? (just so I can keep them in mind when checking things out/taking photo's. I can't promise to get to all of them, but I will try my best and keep them in mind during our trip) I am sooooo looking forward to getting there and enjoying the magic!
happymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #311
ang
"My life, my love, my children"
 
ang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,163

great pics WOW the new pool area looks fun!
__________________
off site 1994 Port Orleans Resort 1995Caribbean Resort 1996 All Start Movie Resort 1999: All Star Movies Resort 2000 All Star Music Resort 2003 Pop Century 2004 Pop Century aug/2007 Pop Century June/2009 Royal Pacific Hotel 2011/Pop Century 2014

ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #312
tam012864
DIS Veteran
 
tam012864's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 556

I love all the pics!!! We are going in just 5 weeks...it cant get here soon enough!!! CBR is our favorite resort--it will be so nice to be "welcomed home" again!!! I do have one question..I have never found those cannon's I see so may pics of...can someone tell me exactly where they are...

Thanks so much..

Tam
__________________
1GoofyGirl!




tam012864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #313
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam012864 View Post
I love all the pics!!! We are going in just 5 weeks...it cant get here soon enough!!! CBR is our favorite resort--it will be so nice to be "welcomed home" again!!! I do have one question..I have never found those cannon's I see so may pics of...can someone tell me exactly where they are...

Thanks so much..

Tam
The cannons are on the Caribbean Cay Island. If you are walking across the island going from Aruba/Jamaica to OPR, take the path on the left. If you are walking from OPR towards Aruba/Jamaica take the path on the right!

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #314
tam012864
DIS Veteran
 
tam012864's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 556

Thank you so much...I guess I never paid attention to different paths..we are always on a mission to get to the other side.hahahah I will definately look for them this trip!!!
__________________
1GoofyGirl!




tam012864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #315
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam012864 View Post
Thank you so much...I guess I never paid attention to different paths..we are always on a mission to get to the other side.hahahah I will definately look for them this trip!!!

We probably would have never noticed them if it weren't for the kids always running ahead of us, we just follow the path that they take!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: