Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #106
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammeador2 View Post
thanks but that was more expensive! just my luck! i am hoping that they will come out with some kind of deal or something...
You can get RPR for $174 up to the 10th of June.

Last edited by damo; 02-06-2011 at 08:18 PM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #107
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
The annual pass rates aren't out yet for those all those dates. You can get RPR for $174 for the beginning.
either way i live to far away to use an annual pass so it's really a mute point since they are expensive and the regular ap doesn't offer room discount.
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #108
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
either way i live to far away to use an annual pass so it's really a mute point since they are expensive and the regular ap doesn't offer room discount.
You can get a rate of 174 up to the 10th at the RPR The annual pass is $224. The savings might be worth it.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #109
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You can get a rate of 174 up to the 10th at the RPR The annual pass is $224. The savings might be worth it.
thanks! that does make it better. especially since they have the flex pay for the pass it won't seem to ungodly! actually i found the power pass that is 159.99 there are some blackout dates but the dates we are going are okay so i am considering that option! i am going to get the kids and dh the orlando flex and then i can just buy the ticket for sea world when we go there. thanks again!

Last edited by ammeador2; 02-06-2011 at 09:19 PM.
ammeador2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #110
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Make sure you are looking at the non-resident AP's and not the FL AP. There is a difference.

We were there last week and bought one preferred AP. It cost app. $80 more than the 2 day 2 park tickets. WE were able to by the other 4 2D/2P ticket with a 15% discount since we had the AP. Then we got our room for $139 per night vs. $279. We ended up having to stay 3 extra nights due to the snowstorm delaying our flight last week so that ended up being a HUGE savings. You also get 10% discount in all stores and restaurants at IOA, US, and Citywalk. We also got a discount at the Universal store in the Orlando Airport!

Needless to say that initial $80 extra paid for itself multiple times over. I highly recommend looking into it very closely!

Even though we were at the parks during a slower time I loved having the Express pass option and getting into HP an hour early due to staying onsite. Well worth it!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014~Princess 13th Birthday Trip Dec. 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #111
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
Make sure you are looking at the non-resident AP's and not the FL AP. There is a difference.

We were there last week and bought one preferred AP. It cost app. $80 more than the 2 day 2 park tickets. WE were able to by the other 4 2D/2P ticket with a 15% discount since we had the AP. Then we got our room for $139 per night vs. $279. We ended up having to stay 3 extra nights due to the snowstorm delaying our flight last week so that ended up being a HUGE savings. You also get 10% discount in all stores and restaurants at IOA, US, and Citywalk. We also got a discount at the Universal store in the Orlando Airport!

Needless to say that initial $80 extra paid for itself multiple times over. I highly recommend looking into it very closely!

Even though we were at the parks during a slower time I loved having the Express pass option and getting into HP an hour early due to staying onsite. Well worth it!
That darn fine print! Noticed that after I posted ah well. It will still save us a lot of money I think if we get 1 pass and then buy the rest of the tickets. We were up to almost 2900 just with the hotel room and flex tickets.. did you get your theme park tickets for the rest of your family while you were there or did you get them before hand? just curious..
Old 02-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #112
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That darn fine print! Noticed that after I posted ah well. It will still save us a lot of money I think if we get 1 pass and then buy the rest of the tickets. We were up to almost 2900 just with the hotel room and flex tickets.. did you get your theme park tickets for the rest of your family while you were there or did you get them before hand? just curious..
We arrived at RPR the night before we went to the parks so we walked over to the front gates of IOA and purchased the AP and the additional tickets with the 15% off discount. That way we didn't waste any of our early morning time in HP buying tickets and whatnot. They had to do it in 2 separate transactions with the AP being purchased first. From what I have read to get the 15% discount you have to buy the tickets (not AP) at the gates, not online or any other place.

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014~Princess 13th Birthday Trip Dec. 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #113
Stinasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinnysuw View Post
my family and i are staying at RPR 2 adults 3 kids. my mom who lives in orlando will be visiting and going to the parks-she is not staying with us but we would like for her to have a key card to be able to ride the rides with FOTL
Hi!
Wanted to re-ask this question since I didn't see a definite answer...
Our stituation is similar in that we have a night at RPR for 2 adults/2 kids but have the grandparents traveling with us.
Is it correct that we can add one more adult at a cost of $25?
What about the 4th adult (6th person)?
Are they out of luck?

Thanks!!
DCL Western&WDW,SW,DC 12/2008
San Diego, Legoland and Disneyland 3/2008
Jazzercise Conv. at CSR at WDW 4/2007
DCL 4-night Wonder & US/IOA/Sea World 12/2006
DCL Magic Mex Riv. 6/2005 & DL/DCA
DL & DCA 5/2004, 5/2007
WDW 1994, 1995,1998, 1999, 2001 2002
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Stinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #114
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinasmom View Post
Hi!
Wanted to re-ask this question since I didn't see a definite answer...
Our stituation is similar in that we have a night at RPR for 2 adults/2 kids but have the grandparents traveling with us.
Is it correct that we can add one more adult at a cost of $25?
What about the 4th adult (6th person)?
Are they out of luck?

Thanks!!
you will need to book 2 rooms to accomodate the 6 of you.
5 to a room is the maximum per fire regulations.

if you have more than 2 adults, age 18 and over, in one room, you do pay an additional $25 per night for the extra adult.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #115
Stinasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
you will need to book 2 rooms to accomodate the 6 of you.
5 to a room is the maximum per fire regulations.

if you have more than 2 adults, age 18 and over, in one room, you do pay an additional $25 per night for the extra adult.
Thanks so much for getting back to me.
My mom will not want to go on most of the rides, but if she does want to try one of the easier simulator ones, can she use my card and go with the kids while I wait it out in the gift shop?
Not trying to cheat the system, just checking...
Also, if we use our guest perks to get into a restaurant, will they even care if we have 5 room keys but 6 diners?

Thanks again! Love knowing the ins & outs before we get there!
DCL Western&WDW,SW,DC 12/2008
San Diego, Legoland and Disneyland 3/2008
Jazzercise Conv. at CSR at WDW 4/2007
DCL 4-night Wonder & US/IOA/Sea World 12/2006
DCL Magic Mex Riv. 6/2005 & DL/DCA
DL & DCA 5/2004, 5/2007
WDW 1994, 1995,1998, 1999, 2001 2002
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Stinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #116
JAD74
Earning My Ears

Hello all

What a fantastic source of information. Well done to everyone.

My family and I are booked to stay at the Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando on June 30th 2011 until the following day July 1st 2011. I think I am right in thinking that on the day I am scheduled to book into the hotel I can arrive early and receive a key that allows me to enter the parks early and also utilise the Front of the Line perk. I also believe that the early admission and FOTL is good for the following day i.e. the day we check out. I have a few questions that I would really appreciate an answer to:

1. Is my understanding above correct?

2. Is the parking garage open at 6:00am so that i can book into the hotel very early and get early admission on the day of arrival (I am aware the room is not available until 16:00hrs)?

3. I take it I need to buy 2 days parking (day of arrival and day of departure)?

4. If I book out of the room before 11:00am on the day of departure, How do I use FOTL? Do I not need to hand back the key to the room?

Any help much appreciated.

Kind Regards JAD74
JAD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #117
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD74 View Post
Hello all

What a fantastic source of information. Well done to everyone.

My family and I are booked to stay at the Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando on June 30th 2011 until the following day July 1st 2011. I think I am right in thinking that on the day I am scheduled to book into the hotel I can arrive early and receive a key that allows me to enter the parks early and also utilise the Front of the Line perk. I also believe that the early admission and FOTL is good for the following day i.e. the day we check out. I have a few questions that I would really appreciate an answer to:

1. Is my understanding above correct?

2. Is the parking garage open at 6:00am so that i can book into the hotel very early and get early admission on the day of arrival (I am aware the room is not available until 16:00hrs)?

3. I take it I need to buy 2 days parking (day of arrival and day of departure)?

4. If I book out of the room before 11:00am on the day of departure, How do I use FOTL? Do I not need to hand back the key to the room?

Any help much appreciated.

Kind Regards JAD74
1. Everything is correct.

2. You don't park in the parking garage. Thats for people who stay off site. You will be parking in RPR parking lot and its open 24/7.

3.Yes you will pay a check in 2 days for parking. They will ask if you have a car.

4.You get to keep the room keys forever. They have your name, hotel, and dates on them. Thats how the team members at the rides know if its valid, by date.

BTW: Welcome to the boards!!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #118
JAD74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post

2. You don't park in the parking garage. Thats for people who stay off site. You will be parking in RPR parking lot and its open 24/7.

3.Yes you will pay a check in 2 days for parking. They will ask if you have a car.

4.You get to keep the room keys forever. They have your name, hotel, and dates on them. Thats how the team members at the rides know if its valid, by date.

Thank you very much indeed for getting back so quickly! Thanks very much for the information
JAD74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #119
ladeedeb
Mouseketeer

Agree, except # 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post

I believe the onsite hotel parking charges by the night & it's $15/night. I don't know if they go by 24 hr. time period, or strictly by the night, but it says on their site that it is per night. I believe we came in in the afternoon & left a few days later in the morning & we were charged by number of nights stayed. I am sure someone will correct me if they had something different happen, but you may want to call & double check. Have fun!
ladeedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #120
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinasmom View Post
Thanks so much for getting back to me.
My mom will not want to go on most of the rides, but if she does want to try one of the easier simulator ones, can she use my card and go with the kids while I wait it out in the gift shop?
Not trying to cheat the system, just checking...
Also, if we use our guest perks to get into a restaurant, will they even care if we have 5 room keys but 6 diners?

Thanks again! Love knowing the ins & outs before we get there!
sorry about being late in answering you.
i didn't get the notice of this thread having a reply...

the names of the hotel guests are on the hotel cards.
there is a policy on the dis boards that posters can not circumvent ways to go around policies.........

but i say, if a female adult uses the card that has a female adult listed as a hotel guest, who would know the difference.

you only need one hotel card key for the 6 diners.
not every one in the group has to be hotel guests for you to get the priority in line at the restaurants.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: