Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #46
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

hello, I've been reading through this and have a few questions...
I've seen alot of you say leave your luggage with the bellhop, you don't have to right, can't we just put it in our vehicle??
Most likely we will be staying 2 nights anyway, as in your really tired after a long day at a park, but if we did decide on 1 night, you can still check in early that morning and use you key that day, check out the next morning and it is still good til the end of that day? I just want to make sure, I had read somewhere else someone saying they didn't let you do that anymore?
Not sure how busy CityWalk is the end of Mar. going into April, but will we have a problem with the Nascar Grill, can you show your key there as well?
Thanks!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(12) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #47
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
hello, I've been reading through this and have a few questions...
I've seen alot of you say leave your luggage with the bellhop, you don't have to right, can't we just put it in our vehicle??
Most likely we will be staying 2 nights anyway, as in your really tired after a long day at a park, but if we did decide on 1 night, you can still check in early that morning and use you key that day, check out the next morning and it is still good til the end of that day? I just want to make sure, I had read somewhere else someone saying they didn't let you do that anymore?
Not sure how busy CityWalk is the end of Mar. going into April, but will we have a problem with the Nascar Grill, can you show your key there as well?
Thanks!
We leave our luggage in the car until the room is ready and when we checkout we bring it to the car then go to the park for the rest of the day. Besides we travel light normally on big rolling bag.

Your key for FOTL is good from the time you check in til the next day at park closing. We normally check in around 6-7 am even though the room is not ready till past 4pm. But most of the time when its slow they give you the room at that time also. If the room is not ready they give you your keys and call you later with a room #.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #48
nifty16
Earning My Ears

In the fantastic FAQ on FOTL, it notes that the name of each guest in the room will be on each person's room key. Does that mean that you provide the name of each guest when booking? There doesn't seem to be anyplace to do that when booking on the Royal Pacific site.
nifty16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #49
ATAfamily
"We can stay up late swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifty16 View Post
In the fantastic FAQ on FOTL, it notes that the name of each guest in the room will be on each person's room key. Does that mean that you provide the name of each guest when booking? There doesn't seem to be anyplace to do that when booking on the Royal Pacific site.
When you check in they will ask for the names of the people in the room and then print out the key cards.

Deanne
ATAfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #50
nifty16
Earning My Ears

Thanks.
nifty16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #51
Beckles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy! View Post
Is it really FOTL or Front Of The Line?

No. On these boards, we use the acronym FOTL to differentiate the hotel perk from the Express Pass that you can buy. While we call it FOTL, you might still have to stand in a short line.
To expand on this answer, the reason the FOTL designation came about in the first place is that in the early days of the Loews Hotels (and someone may know the timeline more exact, but I believe it changed between HRH and RPR opening or shortly after the RPR opened), showing your room key was truly FOTL access and not just Express access. You would show your room key to the greeter at the head of the line and they would direct you up the exit ramp or some other side/back entrance to get to the FOTL. This was before Universal offered any sort of Express Pass type service. Once Express was introduced (or shortly after Express was introduced maybe) hotel guests received Express access without having to get Express passes. At this point FOTL became a misnomer but still stuck.
Beckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #52
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i stayed in the "early" days and used the express line for the rides.
that was with using the hotel key card.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #53
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Is it an issue if the other person in your party isn't there at check in?
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #54
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

not really.
just have them check in when they do arrive so they can get the room key.

as long as you only have 2 adults in your room, it won't effect the room rate.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:26 AM   #55
cyrus12009
Earning My Ears

Thanks for positn these FAQ's. I was searching for it.

Las Vegas Tickets available on Ticket Luck.
cyrus12009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #56
jimpossible87
Mouseketeer

I used to stay offsite when I went to Universal but ever since my first trip staying at the Hard Rock I just have to stay on site. The room key fast pass privelege and the bot transportation make it worth the extra money by miles!! no going through that giant garage on those long walkways and fast pass all day every day. I cant say enough how worth the money it is. Portofino Bay Sept 29th for me cant wait!!! I wasnt sure if you could still use your key at the restaurants. Seems like I always get a stupid face when Ive tried in the past and I havent seen anything about it lately. SO its still part of the perks?
jimpossible87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #57
teacher100
Mouseketeer

harry potter?

This may have been asked before, I apologize if it has. Will FOTL pass work for Harry Potter attractions? We are big Disney fans and have never been to Universal because my oldest who is Autistic doesn't like wild rides (except for Space Mountain because he is into Space things). This is a graduation trip for him. We are debating if it would be worth staying in one of the onsite hotels for our family of five to get FOTL. We are also thinking about getting the 1 day 2 park tickets, but we are going in the first two weeks of August so we don't know how much we can cover.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #58
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher100 View Post
This may have been asked before, I apologize if it has. Will FOTL pass work for Harry Potter attractions? We are big Disney fans and have never been to Universal because my oldest who is Autistic doesn't like wild rides (except for Space Mountain because he is into Space things). This is a graduation trip for him. We are debating if it would be worth staying in one of the onsite hotels for our family of five to get FOTL. We are also thinking about getting the 1 day 2 park tickets, but we are going in the first two weeks of August so we don't know how much we can cover.
It won't be available immediately. They never open a ride and have FOTL available for a few months until the craziness wears down.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:50 AM   #59
snookhams

DIS Veteran

Location: Greater London - Host to the 2012 Olympics in which my son hopes to swim

we are travelling in August, do you think that we will be able to use FOTL then for Harry potter and do the parks open early for hotel guest (like at Disney) Thank you
Old 01-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #60
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookhams View Post
we are travelling in August, do you think that we will be able to use FOTL then for Harry potter and do the parks open early for hotel guest (like at Disney) Thank you
It depends on how things are running in August. Express is not usually available for new attractions for a while but if everything is running smoothly with WWoHP, it may be available. Universal sometimes does an early entry promotion but it's mainly for passholders and only includes a couple of attractions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: