Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #31
piratemom07
Earning My Ears

Question

I booked through TA for one night at RPH for 240.75 for 4 people, 2 adults and 2 kids well teenagers. I called AAA and for basic plan no frills unless I asked the wrong questions but basic plan as far as I could tell was 70.00. But since we can do 2 days of park fun for one night that will work out fine because we are leaving to come home on Wed. anyway.

I thank you so much for this thread I was really excited to learn this could be done.

I have another question and this might not be the place to ask but I am going to anyway. For tickets since we only have two days is it best to do unlimited or just one park one day and one the other, or should we have Park Hopper (not what it is called im sure) but you know what I mean.

My TA can get unlimited for 79.99 per person but since we only have two days I was not sure what was best. Any help is appreciated.

If we are driving and we will have our car do we need to go ahead and bring luggage in and leave with bell hop or can we just leave in car and then get out when we come back and room is ready.

Thanks again for everyones help
Shannon
piratemom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #32
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

I would go for the unlimited and just hop between the two parks each day. You can leave your luggage with the bellhop. They will store it.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #33
angina
Earning My Ears

So if I am staying 5 nights at Royal Pacific, and a friend is showing up for only 2 nights, I still need to have that person registered as a guest to get her a room key, ie, express pass?

Booking 2 adults verses 3 adults is significant in price... we don't plan on going to universal all 5 days, and my friend would only be staying for 2 nights, so I'm trying to see if I can book our room for 2 adults rather than 3...

What is the possibility of requesting another room key? I mean, if you "lose" your room key, can't they just give you another? It's not like they have to "activate" the keys to use it as a pass, right?
angina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #34
vellamint
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angina View Post
So if I am staying 5 nights at Royal Pacific, and a friend is showing up for only 2 nights, I still need to have that person registered as a guest to get her a room key, ie, express pass?

Booking 2 adults verses 3 adults is significant in price... we don't plan on going to universal all 5 days, and my friend would only be staying for 2 nights, so I'm trying to see if I can book our room for 2 adults rather than 3...

What is the possibility of requesting another room key? I mean, if you "lose" your room key, can't they just give you another? It's not like they have to "activate" the keys to use it as a pass, right?
Im pretty sure if you report your room key lost they deactivate it......and there has got to be something in place to prevent just this sort of thing from happening. I would be nervous doing this.
05/14 Disney College Program #2! Kidani --
02/13 Disney Fantasy & CSR -- 05/13 AKV Mothers Day!! -- 06/13 WL -- 08/13 OKW --10/13 POR F&W/MNSSHP -- 12/13 ASP MVMCP/Candlelight! -- 02/2014 Disney Fantasy
01/13 -- Disney College Program!! - SSR
02/12 Disney Dream -- 08/11 BLT - Kids 1st Trip "Home" -- 09/11 POR F&W/MNSSHP
11/2010 Disneyland Paris For My GIRLS SWEET 16!! (Sequoia Lodge)
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
2/08 Animal Kingdom Villas --
8/06 All Star Movies & Venetian Villages -- 4/06 Grand Californian
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
vellamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #35
angina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellamint View Post
Im pretty sure if you report your room key lost they deactivate it......and there has got to be something in place to prevent just this sort of thing from happening. I would be nervous doing this.
ok... i mean that would make sense.. but im basically paying $25+ more per night because i have a guest staying 2 nights out of 6. Outside of them getting a room key for the express pass, I don't see the point of paying the extra for the 3rd guest. I'd probably be better off just buying a express pass for 2 days for this person...

But does deactivating the room key do anything in terms of the expesspass? to my understanding, you just flash your room key to the person guarding the lines, correct? It's not like you're "scanning" it on some machine...
Old 08-13-2008, 01:08 AM   #36
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped

Quote:
ok... i mean that would make sense.. but im basically paying $25+ more per night because i have a guest staying 2 nights out of 6. Outside of them getting a room key for the express pass, I don't see the point of paying the extra for the 3rd guest. I'd probably be better off just buying a express pass for 2 days for this person...

But does deactivating the room key do anything in terms of the expesspass? to my understanding, you just flash your room key to the person guarding the lines, correct? It's not like you're "scanning" it on some machine...
Actually, on many rides they do scan the key. They can scan it at the beginning and then again at the end of the line. I have just shown my key at the entrance to MIB only to run into a team member farther up in the queue holding a hand held scanner to check keys.

I wouldn't try to cheat the system. It always manages to come back to haunt you.
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:41 AM   #37
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:

to answer your first question, yes. if you have a third adult in the room it needs to be acknowledged with the front desk.

why would you lie about it?
how would you feel if you were confronted by the lies you told to get by on the cheap?

do you go to a store and take things because they are there and you think you can get away with it and "save" money?

it's all the same thing.

it's call stealing.

at the hotels, they have to account for all registered guests.

last year at the hrh, the sprinkler system went off during the night.
all guests had to be accounted for and taken out of their rooms that were on the same floor and one below it.

the employees have a responsibility for the safety of all guests.
why put yourself in an embarrassing situation to save $25 a night for a third adult?

have your friend come up with the $50 for the 2 nights they plan to stay with you in the room.

you cover the room for yourself and other friend.
the 2 nighter friend covers the $50.

you all come out fine then.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:56 AM   #38
angina
Earning My Ears

All true... most hotels i've stayed at didn't really charge extra per guest, so didn't think of this... No need to try to "cheat" the hotel and only make a hassle for everyone...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #39
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy! View Post
Yes. Show your room key at the restaurants for front-of-the-line access on their wait list.

You will go to the head of the list for the next available table after reservations and whoever is before you with FOTL.

It worked great for us the last time at Margaritaville. We wandered over just as the parks were letting out, so it was already at a 75 minute wait. They took our name and I showed them our hotel key.

Thank you for reminding me! I added it to the first page.
Q i tried this @ Margaritaville last trip (on Saturday) and was told it isn't valid on the weekends or holidays? so we moved on to NASCAR is this true,if so, are there any other restaurants with the same restriction?

Always wondered which restaurants participate in this @ Citiwalk tooassume Bubba Gumps doesnt (they weren't taking ressies when we were there, not sure if it has changed) anybody have a list?

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #40
loribell
Proud Redhead
Started watching them play when I was little
Wouldn't the sugars from the ice cream be better used early in the day instead of late in the evening?

I am glad you have decided against this. We all need to remember that although we think prices may be too high in these places that we choose to visit them. In choosing to do so we do have to pay whatever price they demand.

Do as Mac says and see if your friend can pay the $25/night for just the nights she is there.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #41
vellamint
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
Q i tried this @ Margaritaville last trip (on Saturday) and was told it isn't valid on the weekends or holidays? so we moved on to NASCAR is this true,if so, are there any other restaurants with the same restriction?

Always wondered which restaurants participate in this @ Citiwalk tooassume Bubba Gumps doesnt (they weren't taking ressies when we were there, not sure if it has changed) anybody have a list?
Oh!! Planning on Marguritaville this Saturday or Sunday night! Can anyone else confirm or deny the FOTL priviledges for this restaurant?

Thanks
02/13 Disney Fantasy & CSR -- 05/13 AKV Mothers Day!! -- 06/13 WL -- 08/13 OKW --10/13 POR F&W/MNSSHP -- 12/13 ASP MVMCP/Candlelight! -- 02/2014 Disney Fantasy
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #42
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

they will tell you they don't honor the fotl on weekends and it will be an hour wait if you go around 7ish.

put your name on the list anyway.

usually the people at the on site hotels never have that type of wait.

some in their trippies stated their wait was a reasonable time of close to 10-15 minutes.

i guess they really can't let the hotel guests in when they arrive as the groups that are waiting would riot....

once people have their names on the wait list and walk away, no one really knows how long you all have been waiting.

maybe that is why the lesser wait of the hour guests are being told...

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #43
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post

I wouldn't put it past Margaritaville putting this in place recently. Perhaps it is a summer thing? I know they don't honor it for parties over 7.

However, back in March, they did honor it on a weekend. We walked up when there was an hour and a half wait. Showed our hotel key and they told us it might shave half an hour off. Ok, we had no problem grabbing a Margarita and plopping in the chairs for an hour to people watch. They gave us the beeper, we turned to head down the stairs into the gift shop (on our way to the outside bar), and we literally did not get down the steps. Beeper went off and they seated us at a great table.
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #44
vellamint
DIS Veteran

Thanks!!
Old 08-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #45
Cheryl N. WI
DIS Veteran

This is an excellent, imformative thread Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has answered alot of teh questions I had and I have now decided it is worth it to pay the extra money to stay at the RPR for our Dec. trip, (now I just need to decide on 1 night or 2). I didn't know that FOTL would possibly help you get a table quicker at some of the CityWalk restaurants too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: