Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #166
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
Gotcha.

And, if you plan on staying more than 4 days, is there a way to buy tickets longer than 4 days?
Yes. You might want to look into the Universal 3-Park Unlimited ticket. It gets you admission to IOA, US, and Wet-n-Wild Orlando for fourteen consecutive days for about $26 more than the 4 day park-to-park for an adult (or about $19 more for kids).

I haven't gotten these before myself, but my understanding of them is that they expire 14 days after you've activated them by entering one of the parks, but you can use them however many times you want during those 14 days at as many of the 3 parks as you want per day.

So it is essentially a park-to-park-to-park 14 day ticket for barely more than a park-to-park 4 day ticket. It seems like a REALLY good deal to me if you plan to be in the parks for more than 4 days even if you're not interested in the water park.

And you might want to consider buying them from www.undercovertourist.com. It can really save you some money. From everything I've read UT is a very reliable source for tickets to both Universal and Disney. We plan to use them for our upcoming trip. Keep in mind while you are comparison shopping that the price quoted to you on the initial ticket purchasing page of Universal's website doesn't include tax & shipping, whereas the price on Undercover Tourist's site already has that included. Plus if you sign up for the mousesavers montly newsletter at www.mousesavers.com you can get a special discount link to undercovertourist's ticket sales that will save you even a couple of dollars more.

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Momw/aplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #167
ZYanksRule
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momw/aplan View Post
Yes. You might want to look into the Universal 3-Park Unlimited ticket. It gets you admission to IOA, US, and Wet-n-Wild Orlando for fourteen consecutive days for about $26 more than the 4 day park-to-park for an adult (or about $19 more for kids).

I haven't gotten these before myself, but my understanding of them is that they expire 14 days after you've activated them by entering one of the parks, but you can use them however many times you want during those 14 days at as many of the 3 parks as you want per day.

So it is essentially a park-to-park-to-park 14 day ticket for barely more than a park-to-park 4 day ticket. It seems like a REALLY good deal to me if you plan to be in the parks for more than 4 days even if you're not interested in the water park.

And you might want to consider buying them from www.undercovertourist.com. It can really save you some money. From everything I've read UT is a very reliable source for tickets to both Universal and Disney. We plan to use them for our upcoming trip. Keep in mind while you are comparison shopping that the price quoted to you on the initial ticket purchasing page of Universal's website doesn't include tax & shipping, whereas the price on Undercover Tourist's site already has that included. Plus if you sign up for the mousesavers montly newsletter at www.mousesavers.com you can get a special discount link to undercovertourist's ticket sales that will save you even a couple of dollars more.
Thanks!
ZYanksRule is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #168
banjogal
Earning My Ears

3 day base ticket means just 3 days in the parks- right?

Maybe this question is just too basic and that's why it hasn' been addressed- LOL!- But there have been many discussions about how you may use your on-site park passes/FOTL tickets from the date of check-in to check-out.
We are staying at RPR March 18-22 and have purchased the Harry Potter package which includes a 3 day base ticket for 2 adults and 1- 6 yr old ( the two yr old doesn't need a park pass). I thought that we were literally only able to use the park passes for 3 total days (one park per day) and that our park passes would be activated for that first day when we set foot inside the first park.
However- I am confused about discussions of using the park passes from check-in to check out.
We are arriving noon to mid-afternoon on the 18th and I presumed that we would just use that day to hang out by the pool and maybe visit CityWalk for a meal and then begin our 3 day passes on the 19th with the early admission to WWoHP.
Is this correct?? Any other suggestions?
banjogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #169
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

The from check in until eod check out is for the hotel benefits. If you only have a 3 day pass then you can only go 3 days, but your hotel benefits of FOTL will be good for any of the days you are staying at the hotel no matter what days you go to the park.

Quote:
We are arriving noon to mid-afternoon on the 18th and I presumed that we would just use that day to hang out by the pool and maybe visit CityWalk for a meal and then begin our 3 day passes on the 19th with the early admission to WWoHP.
You are correct, go ahead and relax by the pool and have fun exploring the resort(s) and citywalk and then start the parks the next morning. Now, you can always check how much to add a day, I know for mine it was only around $5 to go from 3 to 4 day passes.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #170
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjogal View Post
Maybe this question is just too basic and that's why it hasn' been addressed- LOL!- But there have been many discussions about how you may use your on-site park passes/FOTL tickets from the date of check-in to check-out.
We are staying at RPR March 18-22 and have purchased the Harry Potter package which includes a 3 day base ticket for 2 adults and 1- 6 yr old ( the two yr old doesn't need a park pass). I thought that we were literally only able to use the park passes for 3 total days (one park per day) and that our park passes would be activated for that first day when we set foot inside the first park.
However- I am confused about discussions of using the park passes from check-in to check out.
If you have a 3 day pass, you can only use it for 3 days...so the 19th, 20th and 21st or 18th, 19th, 20th, etc. It doesn't matter which 3 days and they don't have to be consecutive. It can be any 3 days in a 14 day period starting on the day of the first use of the tickets.

If you want you can use it right away and upgrade it to a 4 day ticket for $10/person once you get there at guest services.

What you are hearing about from check in to check out are not the park passes but the express passes. They are two completely different things. Express passes are your hotel keys will get you into a special line at every ride except three. Park passes are what gets you into the park.

Last edited by damo; 02-27-2012 at 03:11 PM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #171
banjogal
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Excellent- thank you for directly answering my questions!
banjogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #172
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

I thought I read the FOTL was not good in HP. But on the first page there is only one ride that it states you cannot use FOTL for. Can someone please tell me which is correct?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #173
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2 View Post
I thought I read the FOTL was not good in HP. But on the first page there is only one ride that it states you cannot use FOTL for. Can someone please tell me which is correct?
The first page was last edited in 2009.

You cannot use express on Rip Rip Rockit, Pteranadon Flyers or Forbidden Journey.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #174
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post

You cannot use express on Rip Rip Rockit, Pteranadon Flyers or Forbidden Journey.
Thank you
Old 07-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #175
badandy
Florida Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post

And now Minion Mayhem.
badandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #176
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

express line is open for the minionion ride now.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #177
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
express line is open for the minionion ride now.
Yep, already did it twice with express. The posted sign was 80 minutes and waited less than 8 minutes.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #178
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

My kids don't go back to school over Christmas Break until Jan 8. We were thinking of a three night stay, maybe Jan 3-6. Super crowded?

We are FL residents, so also thinking of an annual pass and then we can go back again a time or two.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #179
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
My kids don't go back to school over Christmas Break until Jan 8. We were thinking of a three night stay, maybe Jan 3-6. Super crowded?

We are FL residents, so also thinking of an annual pass and then we can go back again a time or two.
That week should should be busy but not as busy as Christmas week. The lines should still be long enough that your unlimited Express access will come in handy. Also...you would get an AP discount on the room rate if you purchased an AP while you were there.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:09 AM   #180
leemel
Earning My Ears

I've just looked at prices for RPR on loews and on the Amex travel site. The Amex site appears to be a better deal for me. Can anyone confirm that booking with someone like Amex still gets FoTL. Thanks.
leemel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: