Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games > Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Museum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja

Today was the first day of the many adventures to come for HowWeird and RachelNinja! Since Weird finally got out working at his internship on Saturdays, and work is starting to wind down a bit for me because it's the end of the school year, we made plans to hang out.

After watching Prince Caspian ("You're a mouse," haha!), we made a stop at Home Depot. Why? For LGMH's, of course! We found the paint section, and it was right there by the help desk. We took a few and then we were done. Haha, we thought it would be a lot more adventurous than that with the searching and stuff. I guess the adventure was in my almost slipping right ouside because it was pouring at that point!

Weird's LGMH.

Gotta love that alien green!

Then we stopped by Staples because we wanted to get our flats laminated. We went in to see what the self-lamination stuff was all about, but there didn't seem to be anything that would work or that was sturdy enough. We went to the desk and I asked about the pricing and since it would be a LOT cheaper to get it done professionally, we went ahead with that.

Of course, we weren't exactly done cutting all of our flats yet so we headed back to the car to continue cutting. I cut the remaining 5 of mine and then handed my scissors to Weird. Although Weird can do a ton of artistic things and knows a lot when it comes to architecture and designing and all that stuff, he had issues using scissors!

Haha, required a ton of concentration!

Concentrated so hard that he got marks on his hand from holding the scissors too tightly!

Once we were done, we headed back into Staples. The person behind the counter changed! Haha, I was a little nervous because ... what would the person think?!? I asked, "Can we get these laminated?" and he replied, "Sure." He didn't even pause to ask what they were. As he started working on my flats, Weird and I were talking about how he may have done someone's flats before ... or maybe he played VMK too! That would have been cool.

The cool, non-questioning guy.

Here are Weird's flats chilling out on the Staples counter.

And then they were done! So excited! We spent a lot of time examining them in the car.

Weird and his flats ...

Me and my flats ...

Close-up of the work done.

My receipt. The letter size was $1.99 and the ledger size was $2.99. We thought that was a really good deal.

After all that work, it was time for some flat fun! We were so excited that they could now go anywhere, and it would be okay! They wouldn't get wet or dirty or greasy or gross.

Ninja's first picture was with Weird's iPod. She was wondering why had Jonas Brothers on it, especially when it's the greatest group ever according to most junior high school girls.

Then Ninja was being her ninja-like self as she was peering down from the car's sunroof.

We were in that parking lot for a LONG time so we decided it was time to leave Staples and head somewhere else. Bye to Staples! Gotta love it now!

Weird and Ninja had to be buckled up first before we moved. Safety first, you know.

Our next stop was Dunkin Donuts for some iced coffee.

Weird was a little tired so he decided to take a quick nap ... with his eyes open ...

Weird and Ninja discussed the movie and shared their favorite parts.

This doesn't have to do with flats, but I just had to add this in ... Weird's such a great friend because he saved one of the lid popping things just for me! Haha, I had already popped all of my own.

I wanted this picture taken for AmberDaze! I know she doesn't like it when flats are on straws and paper clips and such ... but here are flats with the GOOD kind of straws!

Since I took Ninja to work with me for the past week and a half withOUT the lamination, she got a little dirty. The streak is condensation from a pot of mashed potatoes and the brown spot on her hand ... ummm ... I don't really know what that came from ... LOL.

Ready for a road trip to WDW!

Gotta check that rearview mirror first. Ninja's just checking out Weird~ hehe.

The day had to end, but Ninja wouldn't hear of it. She went back into hiding, and she's now at home with Weird!

Okie dokie, that was it for today! More adventures to come! Though Weird and Ninja may not be heading off to WDW anytime soon, they will be going to Six Flags next week so yay for more flats pictures!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
HowWeird
Flat Adventurer

Haha woot woot woot! I gotta say, if people were kinda iffy about printing out flats and whatnot, they should definitely go out and get it done! Simple screenshots that you might have taken, get them from friends, whatever you have to do! It really helps when people are missing VMK. In my opinion, it can be a lot of fun having our VMK characters out in the real world!

Always the Ninja to my Weird
Follow me on Flickr or swing by my randomly updated blog. Enjoy!
HowWeird is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
angelcake170
Calm Down Sir Potato Shoes.

That was super-duper adorable!!!!!!!! I love it, it's so cute how you set up all the little scenes. Now your making me hungry for doughnuts!

Btw: Are you and Weird dating or married? Or best friends or brother and sister or something? You two are so cute together
Old 05-31-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
disvaclub92
Always dreaming about Disney World
Are you saying we get a fast pass to heaven?
I know alot of people need big time ego stroking. Thank God I have Catholic Guilt to save me from that.

DISboards Moderator

Oh wow, you two had such a busy day. Thanks for sharing the pics. I love the adventures of RachelNinja and HowWeird. Can't wait to see the Six Flags Pictures?

disvaclub92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
anya.sparrow
No longer earning my VMK stuff :(, PirateAnya in VMK

Location: Off Tortuga, sailing towards the Fountain of Youth!

Totally brought a smile to my face! Glad I read about the green mickey ears somewhere once before, or I would have been clueless about the Home Depot thing.

And, oh, now I knwo why people are confused about the smilies!

Thank you VMK... for the Hosts, friends, magic and memories!
anya.sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
HowWeird
Flat Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelcake170 View Post
That was super-duper adorable!!!!!!!! I love it, it's so cute how you set up all the little scenes. Now your making me hungry for doughnuts!

Btw: Are you and Weird dating or married? Or best friends or brother and sister or something? You two are so cute together
Ninja, if you don't mind, I'm going to answer this question. A little background story on Ninja and me, not too long, just a general thing. We started out as friends and then we realized we kinda liked each other. Haha, then it wasn't kinda because we dated for a while. We are no longer together but since we had the friendship foundation, we are best friends now. As Ninja said in another thread, we do love each other, though not romantically, and we care a great deal about each other. Hope that answers your question without being too wordy!

Thanks for reading btw, you too disva!

Always the Ninja to my Weird
Follow me on Flickr or swing by my randomly updated blog. Enjoy!
HowWeird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:09 AM   #7
AmberDaze

Green Ghost Fanatic & Smilie Club Member :). DIS, where good friends are not hard to find :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I wanted this picture taken for AmberDaze! I know she doesn't like it when flats are on straws and paper clips and such ... but here are flats with the GOOD kind of straws!
Ninja -- I just LOVED LOVED all your pics -- thanks for sharing them!! And THANK YOU for this!! You're too funny!

Disney Characters holding our Flats in 2006: May | June | More June | August | November | December
Flats in 2007: January | March | May (non-Disney) My Guide to Making VMK Flats Ah! No straws!
Fireworks High Score (old): 290,013 (set on 1-7-07); Fireworks Remixed High Score: 8552 (set on 8-2-07 Crazy!)
AmberDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
Aimbier31
theres only one thing two do three words four you. "i love you" "If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I’m not ashamed of it." Happy valentine's day<3!

Location: My heart and mind are wherever Edward Cullen is <3 but my body's in new york

omg that is so cool i love seeing the flats out and about! but i was wondering do ppl ever stare at you in weird ways when you have your flats???
Old 06-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #9
TinkPinkPoem
If you are reading this tag, I'm probably running around in circles, singing and dancing simultaneously

These pictures are really cute!!

Great job, Ninja and Weird!

It's a funny feeling though..somewhere, out there in the world, two avatars are going on with their adventures!

Gives you hope in a way, not just for vmk! As in life goes on but we still keep those little parts of the past in it!

Thanks for posting this.

TinkPinkPoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
AmberDaze

Green Ghost Fanatic & Smilie Club Member :). DIS, where good friends are not hard to find :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimbier31 View Post
omg that is so cool i love seeing the flats out and about! but i was wondering do ppl ever stare at you in weird ways when you have your flats???

ROFL Funny you should say this. At least in my experience, other people look very interested in my little flats. It's my family that pretends to not know me when I take them out!

Disney Characters holding our Flats in 2006: May | June | More June | August | November | December
Flats in 2007: January | March | May (non-Disney) My Guide to Making VMK Flats Ah! No straws!
Fireworks High Score (old): 290,013 (set on 1-7-07); Fireworks Remixed High Score: 8552 (set on 8-2-07 Crazy!)
AmberDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #11
disvaclub92
Always dreaming about Disney World
Are you saying we get a fast pass to heaven?
I know alot of people need big time ego stroking. Thank God I have Catholic Guilt to save me from that.

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberDaze View Post
ROFL Funny you should say this. At least in my experience, other people look very interested in my little flats. It's my family that pretends to not know me when I take them out!
That's funny. When reading this post, I was like hmm how can I hide them and get the pictures taken. LOL

disvaclub92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #12
angelcake170
Calm Down Sir Potato Shoes.

You guys made me want to go to Home Depot, so I went with my mom and brother. I made up some weird excuse to go over and look at the Disney paints, and I grabbed a three cheers for pooh and alien green
I'll be posting pictures later haha
Old 06-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
cat_herder
DIS Veteran
I don't understand what the big deal with a tag is, you can post anything you want there yourself.

Arrrgg I went camping last weekend and didn't take my flats.
Bad cat_herder!!

Oct. 2012 - FW#2009 & MNSSHP
Feb. 22, 2014 - Universal Islands of Adventure & Westgate Town Center Hotel

cat_herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #14
poohluv2u
DIS Veteran

Aww, this made me smile, big time .. thanks. So much fun for just $5.40 I look forward to seeing more of their adventures.

Great looking flats by the way. I just can't seem to get mine to not look so pixelated. I wish Disney would at least give us the ability to have some large images of our vmk peeps .. kinda like the Fairies site does.

}»<((((º>`·..·`·..·`·... If I am not upon the sea ... then planning a cruise on the DISboards, I'll be ...·`·..·`·...·`<º))))>«{

poohluv2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #15
SharkMeal
Do I know you?

Awesome!! I love your pics weird and ninja! Can't wait to see more.

High score in Fireworks! 3-4-08 7:10 PM EST (I WILL TIE YOU ONE DAY GEGGY )
SharkMeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: