Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post

Dancin' for Dollars!

Uh... wait...

You know what I mean!
You better be careful, for one never knows when the Tag Fairy might strike!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #17
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Oh, shist!! No kidding! Oh wait- I WANT the tag fairy! Come and get me you little sucker!

Maybe that's what I should use the little glittery birdhouse my daughter made for- to catch the tag fairy.....
julezdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #18
Corryn
DIS Veteran
Disney Commando
Why, yes, I'd Love an apple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post

Hats:

just wanted to show you my "couture" ears. I guess I will be skipping the new "design your own ears" store display they have, as I have already done that!!
:
Danielle, those ears are beautiful! and with your allowing me to be a copy cat, I will post a pic when I'm done
Old 06-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #19
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:

Priority Seating:

It was almost easier choosing places to make our ADR's (WDW speak for PS) at WDW last fall. For all the times I have been to DL years ago, we never made ressies! I don't even think you could, nor would I have ever thought of it. Times have changed. I guess the same was said about WDW not that many years ago, as when I went to EPCOT in the early 90s, we were able to walk right up and eat at Alfredo's (RIP) with a short wait.

So, I recently got Ridemax and have been playing around with the program to help plan out our dining times. While I have not actually test rode the program, so far it seems like it will be a very useful tool. (Yet, another thing I would have never imagine using in the past...had it existed...but now it seems like a must during a summer visit to DLR.)

It look like we finally landed on some dining decisions! We will do a mixture of sit down and counter service meals. I have had fun looking at all the picture of people's meals on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1253888

Warning! Reviewing that thread will make your stomach grumble, and you just might gain 5 pounds by looking at it!

Day One (Downtown Disney Day):

Napa Rose

DH and I decided to postpone our anniversary dinner and save it for Napa Rose. We have a PS for the Chef's Table! We are super excited to dine here after reading all the great reviews. Plus we love watching Iron Chef, so it will be fun to see the kitchen in action up close.

Day Two (DCA/DL):

Wine Country Trattoria

Read some good reviews and have decided to give it a try for dinner. After our meal, we will secure a good spot for the Electrical Parade. I have not seen this parade since I was young, so I am eager to experience it with DH. Any good places for us to secure a spot?

Day Three (DL):

Blue Bayou

I ate here back in '83, so I think I am do! Cannot wait for DH to see this amazing restaurant. There is nothing like it. Though it does remind me a bit of eating inside the Mexico pavilion at EPCOT....but BB wins! DH is excited about having the Monte Cristo for lunch!

Besides these great meals, we also want to try Mimi's for breakfast after reading some raves on the DIS. And of course, a Tigger Tail and Dole Whip will tide us over while in the park.

Coming up next: Not sure yet! More planning thoughts for sure!
My friends from the Disneyworld side were thrilled by the thought of eating inside of the POTC so they ask that when DH and I do our trip in September we take pictures. I can hardly wait, it hasn't been *** long since we ate there but we have never eaten there alone. You know what I mean? More romantic.

I love your mouse ears and they are original, you will have people stopping you to ask you where you got them. Have a great trip and I look forward to reading your post trip report. And I hope DIsneyland lives up to your memories.

Michele
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #20
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

great report~ can't wait to read the rest!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #21
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corryn View Post
Danielle, those ears are beautiful! and with your allowing me to be a copy cat, I will post a pic when I'm done
Hey, I have no problem with copying. Heck, I loosely copied another person's ears too...and I guess that Disney pin, even though I didn't know it! I cannot wait to see your ears!! Be sure to post back. If you need any advice about how to do them, just let me know! Here, here for custom ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
My friends from the Disneyworld side were thrilled by the thought of eating inside of the POTC so they ask that when DH and I do our trip in September we take pictures. I can hardly wait, it hasn't been *** long since we ate there but we have never eaten there alone. You know what I mean? More romantic.

I love your mouse ears and they are original, you will have people stopping you to ask you where you got them. Have a great trip and I look forward to reading your post trip report. And I hope DIsneyland lives up to your memories.

Yes, the BB is super romantic!! I can't wait for DH to see it. I hope you have a great time there. Make sure to get that pirate ship dessert everyone talks about! Also, thanks so much for the nice words about my ears. I am looking forward to wearing them. How dorky am I that I purposely bought a bag (baggalini) that could fit my ears when I don't want them to get wet or lost while on a ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
great report~ can't wait to read the rest!
Thanks so much!! Glad to have you along for the ride. I should have a new update post coming up soon! I can't believe the DLR portion of our trip is just a month or so away!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)

Old 07-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #22
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:

Yes, the BB is super romantic!! I can't wait for DH to see it. I hope you have a great time there. Make sure to get that pirate ship dessert everyone talks about! Also, thanks so much for the nice words about my ears. I am looking forward to wearing them. How dorky am I that I purposely bought a bag (baggalini) that could fit my ears when I don't want them to get wet or lost while on a ride?
Makes total sense to me. I am going to design a set of ears at the Gag Shop in Toon town. I never usually buy ears but the thought of designing one and being able to pick the colors and designs that I want. I think I will do a pair for my Mom too to bring home to her.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #23
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Trust me, if I hadn't made my ears, I would so be making them at the gag shop. I think it is so neat that you can pick the ears and beanie cap and add to is as you wish! Such a fun and obvious idea...in that I can't believe they did not think of it earlier! Have fun. Can't wait to see what ear design combo you come up with!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #24
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Trust me, if I hadn't made my ears, I would so be making them at the gag shop. I think it is so neat that you can pick the ears and beanie cap and add to is as you wish! Such a fun and obvious idea...in that I can't believe they did not think of it earlier! Have fun. Can't wait to see what ear design combo you come up with!
Thank you. You must be getting so excited to be coming back. We usually go at least every other year but I still get so excited in anticipation. I keep trying to figure out how to talk my DH into getting AP's so that we can start going more than once a year or every other year.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #25
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you. You must be getting so excited to be coming back. We usually go at least every other year but I still get so excited in anticipation. I keep trying to figure out how to talk my DH into getting AP's so that we can start going more than once a year or every other year.
Yeah, AP's sure would be nice. I have considered it for WDW. Perhaps next year if we decide to go more than once in a year. I hope you can convince your DH!

Old 07-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #26
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Top Ten Reasons Why I am Ready for DLR...NOW!

10. I already have my packing list of what I need to bring and got my travel size toiletries and TSA approved zip block bags ready to go!

9. I am tired of watching you tube videos of the rides, I am ready for the real deal.

8. I already have scrapbook pages and stickers all ready for me when I get back so I can put an album together!

7. I went through my pin lanyard and started to weed out the ones I won't wear when I travel. The lanyard is getting heavy and I need room for more pins!

6. I have read the Unofficial Guide on DLR about three times now.

5. I took advantage of the big recent sales on the disneyshopping site and bought some fun disney shirts to wear!

4. I worked so hard on those ears, it it time to wear them!

3. I keep staring at my Disney travel docs! They came in the mail the other day, and I can't help but look at all the stuff they sent. Who knows what I will ever do with that collectible coin, but it is still fun!

2. I think I know RideMax by heart. If I don't have THE most perfect touring plan, call me crazy.

1. Ok, call me crazy. Lately, I have been counting how many mickey ear antennas I see on passing cars. My DH thinks I am nuts. I am up to 18. I think it means I am ready or plain old mad. (Edit: As of 7/30, I am up to 34!)

Happy Dance: 18 Days till I feel like a kid again!

Last edited by tofubeast; 07-30-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #27
kaoden39
Hugs

It's kind of like that Mervyn's commercial with the woman standing at the door. Instead of open, open, open. It's time hurry up, hurry up, hurry up!
Old 07-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #28
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's kind of like that Mervyn's commercial with the woman standing at the door. Instead of open, open, open. It's time hurry up, hurry up, hurry up!
I haven't lived in CA in awhile. Mervyn's is still around? I thought they went under years ago! Shows what I know.

Last edited by tofubeast; 07-20-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #29
kaoden39
Hugs

Oh yeah Mervyn's is still kicking around. They are affiliated with Target.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #30
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Gulp, it's getting close!

I can't believe in just a little over a week, we will be at DLR! Woot!
Though, I also have that completely ridiculous pre-trip quasi sadness because I know it will over in a blink of an eye. While we are spending over a week in S. Cali, the DLR portion will fly by, but have no fear, we are out to make the most of it!

Here is what we have planned...with a couple questions thrown in for the experts out there!

Day 1

Check in.....

Head to Downtown Disney in the late afternoon. If you have been reading my report, you know I was last there before Downtown Disney was built. I have been to DTD at WDW, but I know this version is a bit different. Is there anything that I should not miss? I am excited about seeing the Dept. 56 store. I collect Xmas villages. Just curious about the store, and if there is a must have I should get!

Dinner at Napa Rose! So looking forward to this. Any special items on the menu that are not to be missed? We will enjoy some wine and crawl, I mean walk, back to our room. We will need to rest up for the busy days ahead!

Day 2

Time to put those RideMax plans to the test! As this is a magic morning, and we do not have access to the early hour, we will be heading over to Adventureland as soon as the park opens up to everyone. We plan to do up all the big rides in Adventureland, NO Square and Critter Country before making our way to DCA.

While at DCA, we will try to hit all the big rides. This is where I am impressed with RideMax, while hitting all the major attractions, we still will have several hours of down time. We hope to take advantage of some of the single line rides... namely repeat trips on Cali Screamin'! I am so excited about this ride because it appears to be like RnR Roller Coaster at Disney Hollywood Studios. DH & I are big coaster freaks! At the end of our DCA day, we will eat at Wine Country Trattoria. We will then find a nice spot for the Electric Parade. I am SO excited to see this beloved parade from my childhood. I am sure there will be some tears in my eyes.

From here, we will hope back to DL. I am still a bit torn on what to do that night, but I think we will take it easy and just have fun soaking in the fun of DL at night time. We will also have some FP we will have collected earlier, so more trips on Space Mountain abound!

Day 3

This day is solely reserved for DL, although again RideMax is giving us several hours of "free time" in the late afternoon, so we could hop back to DCA if we wish. We will spend the morning bouncing around Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

I am looking forward to taking the train over to NO Square. Even though I did not exist during the '64 NY World's Fair, I have some bizarre fascination about it. I am looking forward to seeing some of the old exhibits that are seen while on the train, with an adult's appreciation that I didn't have years ago! I can tell I am getting older because, although I plan to hit up all the E ticket rides etc, I am also looking forward to slowing down and appreciating the fine craft work that went in to building this amazing place! Trust me, if Abe Lincoln was back on Main St, I would SO be there! You would have NEVER heard me saying that ten years ago!

We will have an early lunch at Blue Bayou. I am hoping to score a water front table. By arriving early and being the first seating, I hope that improves our chances. In order to work off the monte cristo and that fabulous looking pirate ship dessert, we will hit up the canoes! When I was last at DLR, the canoes were gone. I am glad they re-appeared especially since they are no longer at WDW. We will then enjoy Billy Hill & the Hillbillies. Yet another sign I am more "mature" this trip! I have never seen a show at the Horseshoe...never. Having read so many adoring reviews of this show, I am very much looking forward to it! It also will be neat to just sit and admire this historical theater.

That afternoon, we will hit up some more rides and enjoy the scenery. I also hope to put those Photo Pass photographers to good use. Later on, we will find a nice spot for the fireworks (any good suggestions?) and will "Remember dreams really do come true!" I think this night we will stay till closing and get in line for Nemo towards the very end of the night!

~~~~
So does this all sounds like a good plan, or are we nuts? Along with RideMax and Hydroguy's tips, we will be collecting Fastpasses along the way. Regardless of anything that happens, I just can't wait to show my man Disneyland!!

Next up.. a crazy woman starts the task of packing and getting her DH to pack early rather than 2am the night before. Wish me luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: