Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:13 PM   #151
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quick question about CCF...I have in my notes that it's at the Mall at Millenia, is this correct? And how far from the WDW area is it?

Thanks!

I can't wait for another update

Old 05-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #152
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Quick question about CCF...I have in my notes that it's at the Mall at Millenia, is this correct? And how far from the WDW area is it?

Thanks!

I can't wait for another update
It is! Took us about 15 mins to drive there from Port Orleans. It's open even after the Mall is closed as it has its own entrance.

Haven't been able to write today - putting a new bedroom in. For anyone British I have two words -darn MFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2008, 02:39 PM   #153
Bama_C
Artful DISer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
It is! Took us about 15 mins to drive there from Port Orleans. It's open even after the Mall is closed as it has its own entrance.

Haven't been able to write today - putting a new bedroom in. For anyone British I have two words -darn MFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, that is so lovely of you to build us a bedroom for when we do our house swap. You shouldn't have! (Don't know what MFI is, but it sounds like a real bummer.)

Seriously though, you are missed and we're all waiting patiently for that next review!
FDDP Year 9 at CBR Booked 10/2014!!, 10/2013 POR FDDP,12/2012 FDDP, 09/2011 FDDP, 09/10 FDDP, 04/10 ASM KTTK tour w/ DS2, Pop 10/09 FDDP, ASM 01/09, Pop 09/08 FDDP, 01/08 ASM KTTK Tour w/ DS1, 09/07 POR FDDP, 09/06 POR FDDP, 09/05 Pop, 09/02 ASM, '88, '86, & '82 off site

Old 06-02-2008, 02:59 AM   #154
arieljasmine
Who says these things pass you by.....

How have I never had an ice cream sandwich?! That looks amazing. We did Crystal Palace for the first time last year and loved it, I just love Winnie the Pooh

Laur's
May 2001 DLRP Santa Fe/September 2002 WDW All Star Music/December 2003 DLRP Sequoia Lodge/September 2004 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Pop Century/May 2005 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/April 2006 WDW Pop Century/ September 2006 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Animal Kingdom Lodge/September 2007 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Hard Rock Hotel/Polynesian/Pop Century
Old 06-02-2008, 03:40 AM   #155
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

Pooh's Honey Pot

Feel welcome to visit me in Birmingham, Alabama- (1.5 hour flight to the mouse or about a 10 hour drive)

We have a Cheesecake Factory- very delicious
and a Krispy Kreme that has those warm, melt in your mouth doughnuts you were dreaming about. The ones that are light as air and collapse in to sugary goodness in your mouth. The secret is to go in when you see the "Hot Now" sign on, that means they have just made a fresh batch. I have to drive by KK on my way home from work each morning (I work 11pm to 7am) and I think that KK has a giant magnet on their sign because my car keeps turning in- either there or Panera Bread- another wonderful pastry shop.

Enjoying your reviews. Thanks a bunch.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:30 AM   #156
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

such great reviews, keep up the good work

food looked fab, mouth watered at the burgers- i might have to pop out now and get 1 for lunch
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
Old 06-02-2008, 05:22 AM   #157
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

bad MFI then??

Because of you (and don't worry am not mad at you for it) we are going to visit the cheesecake factory. Only can't fit it in on our week at WDW but luck would have it there is one near we are spending our second week. So 1 meal that week sorted.

Keep up the good work.

Kirsten
Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #158
wishspirit
When you wish upon a star!
I am a shy girl who loves to laugh!
Im just greedy i suppose!

Great posts!!

How can you possibly eat that much!!

My tummy is full just from reading!

Can't wait for the next one!

Old 06-03-2008, 06:00 AM   #159
mouseaddicts
WDW - Here we come .... again!!! :)

Okay - I just found your report this AM and have browsed all 11 pages!!! I'm coming back later to READ all of it ........ and I'll be sharing with DH! Love to hear someone else's perspective ...

Old 06-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #160
Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Sorry for delay, the lap top has died and all the photo's are on it - arghhh!!! Should be back tomorrow - hope so as I have the next couple of days all ready to post!!

Alarmingly TG has sent off for an emigration info pack today! There will soon be a food-shortage in Florida if we arrive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixoticvalue View Post
Just to let you know about the Rueben sandwich's bread--the brown parts are pumpernickle bread swirled with the regular rye bread. A lot of ruebens are made either with rye bread, pumpernickle bread, or a bread that has those two flavors swirled. So from the picture, it doesn't look burnt, just normal--but I could of been wrong, it wasn't me who had the sandwich!!
Ah, maybe I got confused . . . it was good anyway!!! Meat is good - you wouldn't think I was once a vegetarian for 13 years would you?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_and_Aaron View Post
Your reviews are awesome but oh my, now I am so confused. I was going to try to add another 1 or 2 ADRs this week and I just can't decidewhich places. I keep reading and think that one, then next one I read I think no that one. LOL! So many places to eat, so little time at Disney World!
Its so hard isn't it - we will only be in Disney for 7 nights next year so we're having to narrow it down to our very favourites and not try anywhere new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_C View Post
Oh, that is so lovely of you to build us a bedroom for when we do our house swap. You shouldn't have! (Don't know what MFI is, but it sounds like a real bummer.)

Seriously though, you are missed and we're all waiting patiently for that next review!
You are most welcome! And if you can just build a pool at yours then the deal can commence!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieljasmine View Post
How have I never had an ice cream sandwich?! That looks amazing. We did Crystal Palace for the first time last year and loved it, I just love Winnie the Pooh

Laur's
Seriously as good as they look!!!!
Pooh and Eeyore rule! They can keep Piglet - I look at him, I just want more ribs to eat!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
Pooh's Honey Pot

Feel welcome to visit me in Birmingham, Alabama- (1.5 hour flight to the mouse or about a 10 hour drive)

We have a Cheesecake Factory- very delicious
and a Krispy Kreme that has those warm, melt in your mouth doughnuts you were dreaming about. The ones that are light as air and collapse in to sugary goodness in your mouth. The secret is to go in when you see the "Hot Now" sign on, that means they have just made a fresh batch. I have to drive by KK on my way home from work each morning (I work 11pm to 7am) and I think that KK has a giant magnet on their sign because my car keeps turning in- either there or Panera Bread- another wonderful pastry shop.

Enjoying your reviews. Thanks a bunch.
Ohh I am drooling for a hot original glazed. I live 3 hours from a hot light! Isn't that cruel!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
such great reviews, keep up the good work

food looked fab, mouth watered at the burgers- i might have to pop out now and get 1 for lunch
Well if you like burgers wait for me to get to Beaches n Cream. The best EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebs View Post
bad MFI then??

Because of you (and don't worry am not mad at you for it) we are going to visit the cheesecake factory. Only can't fit it in on our week at WDW but luck would have it there is one near we are spending our second week. So 1 meal that week sorted.

Keep up the good work.

Kirsten
Yey!! Its nice to help . . . just remember the two course rule!!!

Bad, bad MFI . . . I only have half a bedroom for the next 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishspirit View Post
Great posts!!

How can you possibly eat that much!!

My tummy is full just from reading!

Can't wait for the next one!
Eating it is not a problem. Losing it again is somewhat of a struggle!! I have constant tight waistband marks engraved on my tum at the minute!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Old 06-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #161
Poppinsme
I LOVE SMILEYS

You had me at Gluttony....Pure Gluttony.

Just finished reading your reviews.......love em.
We cant wait to try EOS for lunch. Those sandwiches look great.
What wonderful commentary.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #162
lonegungal17
DIS Veteran

I just started reading your dining review and realized we're both from Norwich. It's nice to know there are other DISers in Norwich. Maybe I'll see you in the Disney store sometime.
DLC: 07/09
TDL: 04/10
Next trip: 10/13
Old 06-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #163
Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Earl of Sandwich, Whispering Canyon

So we were planning to go to Earl of Sandwich today and sample one of the breakfast sandwiches but we couldn’t get out of bed so we did the usual, more Beignets , cereal and fruit! All good again – didn’t taste a beignet I wouldn’t marry all trip.

We spent the morning at Typhoon Lagoon and after exhausting ourselves floating on the lazy river for 2 hours we decided we needed a treat! Off to our old favourites, the mini cinnamon donut hut! We were very good and just ordered 6 to share. They were lovely, light, warm soft – so good. BUT, they no longer come with cinnamon sugar on, just normal sugar. They are still the best donuts ever (take note Krispy Kreme) but the cinnamon sugar really made them stand out from other donuts before. TG 8/10, me 9/10. Will still defo have them again.

Earl of Sandwich for lunch. After being slightly disappointed with his Earls Club last week TG shocked the life out of me by ordering something different (he is not a man for change!). He went for the Full Montague (roast beef and turkey with cheddar and Swiss cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato and mustard sauce). I went for my 2nd fave sandwich – the Beef n Blue. TG loved his – 9/10. Me . . .not so much. Did it always have salad in it?! I remember it as being like the Original, apart from blue cheese instead of horseradish. This had beef (lots of it) lettuce, tomato and just a few dollops of blue cheese. I was disappointed. Maybe I just changed this in my mind over the past two years, but I remember loving it and now I probably wouldn’t order it again. 6/10 though for good bread and lots of beef! And look at that disgusting bright cupcake thing – he got that instead of my lovely brownie!!!! I was not happy!!!!!!! He says it was lovely and soft but I refused to eat any so can’t comment!!
Beef N Blue front,Full Montague at back

TG fancied an icecream so we popped to Ghiradellis and he got a mint-choc chip in a waffle cone. This was actually superb - loads of really creamy icecream and a thick cone with chocolate round it!! I ended up eating loads of it! Shocker!! 9/10!
Watch out, the tongue is back . . . and this time its green!!

Riverside foodcourt. We sat by the pool all afternoon and TG announced he was going in for an ice-cream and did I want one . . . hmmm ice-cream or MAGIC COOKIE BAR?! No contest is there!? I did take another photo of it, but I have a bikini on and we were now at the stage of the vacation where it hurt to hold my tummy in, so sadly I can’t post it. It was as good as before 10/10. I think I slightly preferred the first one, because having it chilled from the fridge in our room rather than melting round the pool and dripping into my belly button was slightly preferable! TG had a strawberry icecream which he gives 7/10.

Dinner tonight was at Whispering Canyon Café somewhere else we had never been before. I was all prepared, I made TG wear his Universal t-shirt, and when we arrived asked to be seated in the main area. Soooo wish I hadn’t!!!! We waited about 20 mins past our ADR time to be seated, and in that time could hear all the torture being inflicted upon people in the restaurant, which got us a bit panicky. By the time we got in there they were making a poor lady ride round the room on a horse thing. I don’t know what happened . . . . we were looking forward to tonight, we knew that sorts of things they do, but by the time we got in there we just weren’t in the mood for it!! TG was giving me daggers for making him wear the t-shirt!!

It started off badly with a waiter coming over to tell us off for not joining in the singing – we had literally just that second sat down! We were really thirsty from the long wait, but we didn’t see our waiter for a good 5 mins. Tony drank his drink in about 5 seconds flat he was so thirsty, so I hoped he would get the large glass brought out. The waiter commented on how fast he had drunk it but didn’t bring out a large glass next time – in fact it took about 15 mins to get a replacement drink at all! He also commented on his t-shirt but again didn’t do anything – I think he had sensed we weren’t in our perkiest moods!! After that we relaxed a bit and joined in with other people’s pain!

Onto food – corn bread came out to start, with butter. This was my first taste of it with butter and it was very good! I love this cornbread stuff!! Think I ate most of the plate of it!

TG ordered the cheese, sausage and cracker plate to start. I really wanted a skillet but this didn’t come with wings, and I have to have wings if they are on a menu, so I ordered those. We both had St Louis ribs for our entrée. The wings were excellent. TG didn’t much enjoy his - he said it was too dry and needed something to moisten it up. There was BBQ sauce, but we couldn’t quite see how that went with cheese! He didn’t eat much of this.
Cheese / sausage plate

Wings

Now this annoyed me!!!!!!! The entrees came out about 5 mins after our appetisers, so sat there getting cold while we were still eating. I hate that!! Our waiter did come over and ask if we wanted them taken back in the kitchen, but baring in mind where we were we didn’t dare make a fuss!!!! The ribs were Ok, a little dry and hard to get the meat off . . . I think I am a babyback snob to be honest! TG said the same. The mash was excellent – I love mash! I asked for coleslaw instead of whatever the veg was (green beans?) and he brought me a couple of pots of this out – this was as far as he went with having fun with us!!
Ribs,mash, coleslaw. You can see (what's left!) of the cornbread as well.

Now this is one of the few places where I remember our waiters name, but I can’t name him for the following reason . . . at this point we were full (darn cornbread overload) so said we wouldn’t have dessert . . . he asked if we could keep a secret and I quite honestly told him we can’t. He didn’t seem to believe us though and went and got us 2 free desserts! Is this something they normally do here? I don’t like to name him in case he gets in trouble! He got TG the Kahula flavoured chocolate cake and me the Smore cheesecake. I can honestly say this is one of the best cheesecakes of my life, and not just because it was free! It was really creamy, had a graham cracker base, and lots of marshmallows on top. I very nearly ate it all and I was stuffed before I started! Inexplicably I forgot to take a photo of this!! It was quieter in the restaurant by then, and the waiter came over and had a nice long chat with us – he was really nice and I left the place feeling a lot better about it than when we arrived! I doubt we would return though, the stress is too much – its probably more fun in a large group!!! TG is “5/10 - too stressful and meal mediocre”. I would give a 7 for the wings, cheesecake and cornbread! We left a huge tip so we didn’t get harassed on the way out – sometimes you just gotta buy your freedom!!!

That was all we ate today, impressed!?

Coming soon . . . Golden Corrall breakfast, KFC lunch, House of Blues dinner, Mickey bar, Cookes of Dublin snack, and another goofy snack!.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #164
Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppinsme View Post
You had me at Gluttony....Pure Gluttony.

Just finished reading your reviews.......love em.
We cant wait to try EOS for lunch. Those sandwiches look great.
What wonderful commentary.
Thank you!! You just can't beat The Earl . . . or can you?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonegungal17 View Post
I just started reading your dining review and realized we're both from Norwich. It's nice to know there are other DISers in Norwich. Maybe I'll see you in the Disney store sometime.
Well hello!! Have just been on your trip-report and seen you are a librarian . . . do you work for Norfolk Library Service?! If so I think we have the same employers . . . I work for County Council! If we do work for the same people then I would like to take back that little "joke" about me writing these reports while I'm at work . . .

We spend hours wondering round the Disney store pretending we are back in Florida!!!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #165
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
They are still the best donuts ever (take note Krispy Kreme) but the cinnamon sugar really made them stand out from other donuts before.

We waited about 20 mins past our ADR time to be seated, and in that time could hear all the torture being inflicted upon people in the restaurant, which got us a bit panicky.
LOL - another great installment, but I'm going to have to call you *out* on believing that there could be better donuts in the WORLD than Krispy Kreme. Here in Atlanta, you could be lynched for making such a statement - LOL! We were planning on doing Blizzard Beach this time, but I might just have to check out TL instead just to sample the "best donuts ever."

Also, I just have to say that Whispering Canyon is kind of my "eh" ADR. DH really wants to go because he thinks that the hijinks will be hysterical, but I'm the type of gal who is not into hijinks at meals. The thought of ending up on the bad end of the torture scale makes me . However, I'm glad to read that your server was pretty observant as to your mood - - maybe our server will just pick on DH, right? Anyway, thanks again for another great installment!

Me (34); DD (9)
December, 2007 Land/Sea Trip Report
9 Days of Disney Dining (Food Report)
March, 2009 Trip Report
September, 2009 Eastern Cruise Trip Report

Next trips: Aulani in September, 2014 and Thanksgiving, 2014 on the Magic (YAY).
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: