Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:35 PM   #136
Sam'sMom0126
Mouseketeer

Your reviews are great! Sitting here drooling while reading! We love the cheesecake factory but we can't pass up the avocado eggrolls so it's cheesecake to go for us! Looking forward to more.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:57 PM   #137
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieljasmine View Post
Oh wow, that food looks so good! We have never tried the Cheesecake Factory, don't know why, I love cheesecake! Must add it to the (ever expanding) list.

Laur's
Have a look at their dessert menu online - so many cheesecakes you won't know where to start!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_C View Post
Late to the bandwagon, but now subscribing. I am a tea drinker also, and though not from across the pond, I should have been. I am having a blast reading your reviews and lingering over the pics. But, come on... you must have some serious metabolism secret... you eat all that and stay that size???? What a great couple you are... thanks for all your hard work on the reviews.

Well if you ever want to house swap and live here let me know . . . I would love to live nearer to the mouse!!!! I am so working on TG to emigrte!

And as for the metabolism, we're just dead dull at home, you wouldn't recognise us! We have treats at the weekend but apart from that we exercise 4 or 5 times a week, walk our 2 dogs every day, and cook all our meals from scratch. I honestly don't eat that badly all of the time!! Or so I say . . .!!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #138
Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
:

Flame Tree- I am so not a ribs girl. I ordered the puled pork sandwhich and loved it. I will have another this trip. (hear that DH?)

Crystal Palace is one of my fav spots. I LOVE everyone in the Hundred Acre Wood (it is ok for a grown woman to say that right?). I only wish Rabbit and Owl were there too.
Well if Yak and Yeti doesn't start getting better reviews I will try that sandwich next year, thanks!!

It is SO OK to love the Pooh characters! I wanted Eeyore at my wedding but Disney don't allow it so had to "settle" for Mickey!

And don't forget Baby Roo and Heffalump!! We need more characters!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
First, as I stated, being 5 minutes from a Cheesecake Factory, I still rarely go there. But I do have The Plan when I do. Because their portions are so huge, I've split my meal with someone in order to have my cheesecake (and eat it, too!)

I'm still amazed how you can put down so much food in such a tiny person. I might sponsor you for one of those eating contests. Usually the skinny Japanese guy wins, but my money's on the skinny Brit.
If only we had stuck to our plan not to have an appie! Still we did better than my friend! What a waste of strawberry cheesecake!!

And your money would be in very safe hands, and bless you forever for calling me skinny!!!!! I think I have th worlds chunkiest legs so I may stick your quote up on my desk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Heimlich View Post
I only missed a few days and here I missed SO MUCH! You crank out these reviews FAST!!!

That icecream sandwich looked DIVINE!

Boma looked interesting... I am trying to work up the courage to go on our next trip... Whenever that will be.

Ms. H
It was Soooooo divine!!

Boma - honestly go, its really nice food and apart from a few different spices and a lot of coconut its not that different from the other buffets!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvpluto27 View Post
Another great update. Those ice cream cookie sandwiches are massive aren't they, but so good. And I didn't know you could get Krispy Kremes in the Magic Kingdom either, and I do love those donuts!
Well I haven't reviewed it yet but we go to Crystal Palace for breakfast at the end of the trip, and they have them there - BUFFET KK'S! WHOA!!!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Old 05-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #139
quixoticvalue
Mouseketeer

Just to let you know about the Rueben sandwich's bread--the brown parts are pumpernickle bread swirled with the regular rye bread. A lot of ruebens are made either with rye bread, pumpernickle bread, or a bread that has those two flavors swirled. So from the picture, it doesn't look burnt, just normal--but I could of been wrong, it wasn't me who had the sandwich!!
Old 05-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #140
engle
DIS Veteran

More please!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #141
Illuminations_Rocks
The tan towels from HSN are also like crack

Excellent reviews!
Oct 1991 offsite Easter 1999 ASMu Aug 2006 POFQ Jan 2007 OKW Sept 2008 BC Disneymoon! Aug 2009 BWV Jan 2011 OKW Nov 2011 SSR/OKW Dec 2012 BCV April 2013 offsite Sept 2013 BWV for our 5 year anniversary!
DLR - several day trips in 2007, overnights Aug 23-25 '07 at DLH (got engaged!), Nov 15-17 '07 at HoJo's ... BLT owners!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 PM   #142
Bama_C
Artful DISer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
And as for the metabolism, we're just dead dull at home, you wouldn't recognise us! We have treats at the weekend but apart from that we exercise 4 or 5 times a week, walk our 2 dogs every day, and cook all our meals from scratch. I honestly don't eat that badly all of the time!! Or so I say . . .!!
You are so funny! I loved your cheeky remark on your Crystal Palace review about the broccoli in the midst of mashed potatoes, rice, turkey, and mash... "I like to be healthy." Seriously, though, I get that you actually have healthy habits at home. I know what it is ... because it's the same for us... the rest of life is just training for the days you can be at Disney!
FDDP Year 9 at CBR Booked 10/2014!!, 10/2013 POR FDDP,12/2012 FDDP, 09/2011 FDDP, 09/10 FDDP, 04/10 ASM KTTK tour w/ DS2, Pop 10/09 FDDP, ASM 01/09, Pop 09/08 FDDP, 01/08 ASM KTTK Tour w/ DS1, 09/07 POR FDDP, 09/06 POR FDDP, 09/05 Pop, 09/02 ASM, '88, '86, & '82 off site

Old 05-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #143
Mom2gymnasts
Let's Go....Mountaineers!!!!

Dinner was at one of our faves, Cheesecake Factory. We discovered this last year in Vegas and went 3 times in a week (when we give our love we give it with our whole hearts). Got there about 7.30ish, loads of people waiting outside but they had a table for 2 ready so we went straight in! Yey! Had a lovely server, efficient and friendly – wish I had made a note of her name! Now here we made a fatal, amateur mistake. We learned last year never to have an appetizer here as portions are so big that you stand no chance of a dessert (and what’s the point of going here without a dessert?!). But then we saw the sliders . . . we like sliders. So we ordered them (to share). Then I ordered the Factory burger which I loved last year and TG ordered the Tuns of Fun double burger.

Yup – we managed to order burgers for our appetisers and entrée!!!! Doh!

The sliders were lovely, tender and moist. I had one, I’m guessing we didn’t leave any so TG must have had 3!

Burgers – I ordered the wrong thing!!! I think it was the classic burger I had last year in retrospect, this "factory" burger was long rather than round. The burger was super nice, but it was in really crusty bread rather than a soft roll, which filled me up super quick! Don’t get me wrong, it was good bread, but sooooooooooo filling. I don’t often eat fries (I am a mash girl) but I have been saying for a year that CCF do the world best fries and I stand by it – lovely! Just cooked to perfection!
Mine is at the front, and would you look at the size of his burger!!:-

TG loved his – “10/10 for all, an excellent meal”. And we are unanimous!

We were stuffed, we had both left some burger, but I was darned if we were going to leave here without some cheesecake! Such a big dessert menu but after much thinking TG went for the snickers cheesecake and I went for the coconut one. It arrived and looked so good. We both just groaned, clutched our tums and had to ask for To-Go boxes – defeated at last!!!!!!!!!! Here are the piccies of them in our room – they didn’t travel too well!!
Coconut left, snickers right:-

We sampled them the next day and they were very nice, really thick topping – just wish we could have had them with the meal! 10/10 from me as well – good quality food, excellent service, loads of menu choices for all three courses. (Side note, just to prove it is impossible to manage three courses here, our friends went here a couple of nights after us on our recommendation, stuffed 3 courses, and my poor friend had to go throw up in the toilets there!! Apparently the strawberry cheesecake isn’t so tasty coming the other way!!!. They also give it 10/10 apart from that!!!!)
That was it for today!

Up very soon, POR foodcourt, MK popcorn, Main St Bakery, Plaza Lunch, Crystal Palace dinner.[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad to know there is a CCF here. I thought the only one was at DisneyQuest! I added the waterpark & more option to our package just to get to the CCF!!!!!! I always get the one with peanut butter & chocolate. Forget the food just hand over the cheesecake & no one gets hurt

Old 05-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #144
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Love your report--can't wait to read the rest!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #145
ENSOCK
DIS Veteran

loving your reports!!!

Tina
Old 05-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #146
Michelle_and_Aaron
Mouseketeer

Question

Your reviews are awesome but oh my, now I am so confused. I was going to try to add another 1 or 2 ADRs this week and I just can't decidewhich places. I keep reading and think that one, then next one I read I think no that one. LOL! So many places to eat, so little time at Disney World!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:52 AM   #147
PiperGirlInWondrland
DIS Veteran

I am loving your reviews! Keep 'em coming!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #148
Pooh's-Honey-Pot

a

Old 05-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #149
Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2gymnasts View Post
Dinner was at one of our faves, Cheesecake Factory. .

I'm so glad to know there is a CCF here. I thought the only one was at DisneyQuest! I added the waterpark & more option to our package just to get to the CCF!!!!!! I always get the one with peanut butter & chocolate. Forget the food just hand over the cheesecake & no one gets hurt
I'm sure I saw on Allears a couple of months backthat CCF are pulling out of DisneyQuest from May . I hallucinate about food a lot though, so does anyone else remember seeing it?!

Old 05-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #150
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
I'm sure I saw on Allears a couple of months backthat CCF are pulling out of DisneyQuest from May . I hallucinate about food a lot though, so does anyone else remember seeing it?!
You are correct. Cheesecake Factory is leaving or has left DisneyQuest. Their contract was up and they didn't or were not renew. I heard speculation they joined the DisneyQuest venture on the premise that there would be multiple DisneyQuests across the country. That didn't happen, so no more CCF on property.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: