Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #76
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
  • Palo: brunch, tea and dinner (just have to pick a night for dinner)
  • Spa: week-long rainforest passes, and the rasul. Will likely book a special (or three) once on board
  • Castaway Cay: two-day getaway package (bikes, snorkels and floats)
  • Cozumel: Eco Park and Snorkel (Punta Sur Park)
  • Costa Maya: Chaccohoben Mayan Ruins (pyramids!)

I also really REALLY want to do the Galley tour.....

Also, trying to take Michelle's advice and not overplan....
Good job with your plans! I think we are going to do Chacchoben too....(by default it may be our only option if we do end up docking in CM) AND I totally *have* to do the Galley tour this time, also. Do they only have one GT per cruise?

As much as I am fighting not trying to overplan, because of our split cabin situation I don't have much choice since I can't book Flounder's Reef for the baby until my cabin-halving mate pays her balance. And I really don't have the kahones to book excursions if I don't yet have FR so looks like we may be stuck booking whatever is left after 75....IF there is anything. It is unbelievably difficult to restrain myself but I don't want to be dissapointed later. (Must.put.Passporter. down. NOW!)

Although ordering the new Passporter might make me feel better..... I so need to do that!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #77
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Because geeks will understand:
I am about to start reading my guidebook for the other place in Orlando I'm going in July. I am getting up to find one of my highlighters that have Post-it flags built in.
I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anc22 View Post
Oooooh, Ballroom Lessons? I didn't know they had that. I have always wanted to try that, but getting the DH to agree may be a challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Arin... I dont think I could get E to do it either... umm Ill be your partner LOL
Lionel and I have been watching So You Think You Can Dance so I think that's the angle I'm going to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztigg View Post
my DH and DS did the beach buggy and snorkle combo and they both LOVED it i thought it was like 80 a person not sure my DMIL booked it for them
Passporter lists it as $90 but that may well have been after a rate increase. I think it sounds fun, but I'm concerned with the bounce factor. I'm not a big fan of bumpy I get carsick pretty easily.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Erica....do they have a Passporter for Storyland in New Hampshire??

cheryl
How great would that be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Good job with your plans! I think we are going to do Chacchoben too....(by default it may be our only option if we do end up docking in CM) AND I totally *have* to do the Galley tour this time, also. Do they only have one GT per cruise?

As much as I am fighting not trying to overplan, because of our split cabin situation I don't have much choice since I can't book Flounder's Reef for the baby until my cabin-halving mate pays her balance. And I really don't have the kahones to book excursions if I don't yet have FR so looks like we may be stuck booking whatever is left after 75....IF there is anything. It is unbelievably difficult to restrain myself but I don't want to be dissapointed later. (Must.put.Passporter. down. NOW!)

Although ordering the new Passporter might make me feel better..... I so need to do that!
Order it!

I have to look at castaway club dot com (don't censor me, DIS!) and see what the Western's normally offer. If I find anything out I will let you know! Regarding the 75 days out thing, I wouldn't stress too much. I know they keep extra slots set aside for those who cannot book online, AND for first-timers. Good luck!
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #78
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

So......Lionel and I are seriously considering "booking" the Romantic Escape at Sea. I keep going back and forth. It includes:
  • a stateroom gift (robes, a frame and some chocolates)
  • dinner at Palo with a bottle of wine from the premium list
  • a (full) champagne breakfast in bed
  • week-long passes to the rainforest room at the spa
  • a free 8x10 from Shutters (unconfirmed)

The other thing it includes is the ability to book all excursions, spa treatments and Palo at 105 days out with the concierge crowd. I admit, that is swinging my vote a bit. Lionel's thoughts were "this is supposed to be our blow-out cruise, let's do it!" Mine is.....do we really need robes and rose petals?

All in all I think it is worth the price, but my main concern is that we might not be able to do Palo with Mat and Sarah. I know that may not be the romantic evening that most of you would have in mind, with two extra people at the table, but Lionel and I really enjoy sharing Palo with others. Besides, we're schmoopy. We are romantic every day. We don't need a table for two to put us in the mood, if you know what I mean.

And with luck, that won't get me a citation from a moderator.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #79
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
So......Lionel and I are seriously considering "booking" the Romantic Escape at Sea. I keep going back and forth. It includes:

The other thing it includes is the ability to book all excursions, spa treatments and Palo at 105 days out with the concierge crowd. I admit, that is swinging my vote a bit. Lionel's thoughts were "this is supposed to be our blow-out cruise, let's do it!" Mine is.....do we really need robes and rose petals?

All in all I think it is worth the price, but my main concern is that we might not be able to do Palo with Mat and Sarah. I know that may not be the romantic evening that most of you would have in mind, with two extra people at the table, but Lionel and I really enjoy sharing Palo with others. Besides, we're schmoopy. We are romantic every day. We don't need a table for two to put us in the mood, if you know what I mean.

Do it! Do it! Do it! I'm with Lionel- I'm definately booking REAS for our cruise, and I feel like it will really put it over the top! The 105 day booking DEFINATELY swayed me, because I am a first time cruiser, and I absolutely won't make it to 75 days or whatever it is to book Palo, etc... but I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to book a table and then just add your friends at 90 days to your table- can't that work?
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #80
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:

Go For It!!!! the robes are worth it alone, although, Palo is just the bomb and the bottle of wine...that would save you another trip to the Liquor Store....Have you seen Roger Rabbit? "I went to the Liquor store guy, he knew" a little Disney moment sorry.

Cheryl
Old 06-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #81
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Ok. We gave in to peer pressure and booked the REAS.
We book on Saturday night!

When I was talking to the agent, he said "ok, you should be able to book right now, just give it a few minutes for the reservation to go through. We should be at about 105 days out."

I replied, too quickly, "actually it's 109."

I am such a dork.

Yay for romance on the high seas!

Of course, part of me is panicked that now I only have five more days to decide WHEN to book Palo dinner! An overplanner's work is never done...
Old 06-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #82
TheDisneyGirl02
I found my Disney Prince!
Animals that have gone through the taxidermy process scare like nothing else!

Quote:
Ok. We gave in to peer pressure and booked the REAS.
We book on Saturday night!

When I was talking to the agent, he said "ok, you should be able to book right now, just give it a few minutes for the reservation to go through. We should be at about 105 days out."

I replied, too quickly, "actually it's 109."

I am such a dork.

Yay for romance on the high seas!

Of course, part of me is panicked that now I only have five more days to decide WHEN to book Palo dinner! An overplanner's work is never done...
Take a deep breath...you'll be fine.

I'm still tabbing my PassPorter! It's so much fun! I took it to lunch at the Olive Garden with my DBF yesterday! I'll take it to dinner tonight! So much to read!!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #83
silversae
Mouseketeer

You know what WASN'T on your to do list...warn ME that you had started your pre-trippie. Looks like i have some catching up to do.

It's also a little scary that there are people *coughmozart* who remember that I take 2 seconds to get ready. For the record.

Hmmm...Romantic Escape...there's a thought.

Quote:
Besides, we're schmoopy. We are romantic every day. We don't need a table for two to put us in the mood, if you know what I mean.
Um..i'm fairly certain that on THIS cruise, we can out schmoop you. We'll have 2 months of not seeing each other to make up for.
silversae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #84
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

hmmm Im debating booking the REAS.... just to be able to book early... But with us doing days at the world and having to fly in and pre and post hotel.. bla bla bla.... E would kill me...

::: whispers::: but what he doesnt see on the credit card... cant hurt ME, RIGHT?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #85
flower91882
Mouseketeer

More geeks checking in. We will also be cruising with you.

I am also an overplanner. Everyone I know makes fun of my affinity for lists. But, I'm the one that gets stuff done so,

Just something funny that may or may not be applicable (and may or may not be embarrassing). I also keep a notebook on the video games I'm playing. It's mostly because I often take long breaks in between because I get really busy, then I forget what I was supposed to be doing.

I'm getting a little nervous with everyone getting the REAS package. Don't take all my reservations!! I can't really justify getting it myself since most of the cost is because of the Spa stuff, which we wouldn't use.
Disney Wonder 4-night Pre-wedding Cruise 5/8/05
Our Disney Wedding! , Boardwalk Resort 12/15/05 - 12/23/05; Wedding: 12/19/05 Yacht Club Gazebo
Disney Magic 7-night Alternative Western 9/27/08 ; Disneyland Resort (offsite) 5/28/09-6/3/09
My Best Friend's Wedding! Pop Century Resort WDW 8/28/09-9/7/09
Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 3/5/10-3/10/10 (2:15:18) ; 12-night Northern European Capitals Cruise 7/18/10
Baby's First Disney Family Vacation, Sept. 2012, Disney's Beach Club Villas
Planning: ??

flower91882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #86
Brena
Earning My Ears

Hello from Winter Springs!

I covet your Passporter and look forward to your trip report.
Brena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #87
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversae View Post
You know what WASN'T on your to do list...warn ME that you had started your pre-trippie. Looks like i have some catching up to do.

It's also a little scary that there are people *coughmozart* who remember that I take 2 seconds to get ready. For the record.

Hmmm...Romantic Escape...there's a thought.

Um..i'm fairly certain that on THIS cruise, we can out schmoop you. We'll have 2 months of not seeing each other to make up for.
Hehehe....we'll have a schmoop-off! We'll have people vomiting overboard in no time.....

You should totally do the REAS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
hmmm Im debating booking the REAS.... just to be able to book early... But with us doing days at the world and having to fly in and pre and post hotel.. bla bla bla.... E would kill me...

::: whispers::: but what he doesnt see on the credit card... cant hurt ME, RIGHT?
RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower91882 View Post
More geeks checking in. We will also be cruising with you.

I am also an overplanner. Everyone I know makes fun of my affinity for lists. But, I'm the one that gets stuff done so,

Just something funny that may or may not be applicable (and may or may not be embarrassing). I also keep a notebook on the video games I'm playing. It's mostly because I often take long breaks in between because I get really busy, then I forget what I was supposed to be doing.

I'm getting a little nervous with everyone getting the REAS package. Don't take all my reservations!! I can't really justify getting it myself since most of the cost is because of the Spa stuff, which we wouldn't use.
Someone I know, and I won't say who, *coughsilversaecough* also keeps a game notebook. But I won't mention names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena View Post
Hello from Winter Springs!

I covet your Passporter and look forward to your trip report.
Hello Brena from Winter Springs! I often do my updates from our Starbucks If you bump in to me there, I might even let you touch my passporter. Maybe.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #88
silversae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower91882 View Post
There is NOTHING wrong with this...nothing at all. You're just using your life skills at planning to help your video game life *grin*

and yes.. as Erica mentions...i too MIGHT also have such a thing...or two...
silversae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #89
flower91882
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversae View Post
There is NOTHING wrong with this...nothing at all. You're just using your life skills at planning to help your video game life *grin*
I would have to agree. However, most people seem to make fun of my 'planning' habits in general. I'm not sure I understand why. I think the term OCD has been used once or twice (or more).
Disney Wonder 4-night Pre-wedding Cruise 5/8/05
Our Disney Wedding! , Boardwalk Resort 12/15/05 - 12/23/05; Wedding: 12/19/05 Yacht Club Gazebo
Disney Magic 7-night Alternative Western 9/27/08 ; Disneyland Resort (offsite) 5/28/09-6/3/09
My Best Friend's Wedding! Pop Century Resort WDW 8/28/09-9/7/09
Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 3/5/10-3/10/10 (2:15:18) ; 12-night Northern European Capitals Cruise 7/18/10
Baby's First Disney Family Vacation, Sept. 2012, Disney's Beach Club Villas
Planning: ??

flower91882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #90
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Some recent developments....

This was going to be a happy, bouncy post in which I was going to tell you that after a few days of wondering if they were every going to show up, my fish extender gifts finally arrived. I also sold my old underwater camera housing on ebay, which means we have some money to put toward the housing for our new camera.

But all of that is moot right now, for I just received this from Dreams Unlimited:

We have been notified by Disney Cruise Line that the itinerary for your September 27, 2008 sailing has been changed and no longer includes a stop in Costa Maya.

Below is your new itinerary:

Port Canaveral
Castaway Cay
Day at Sea
Grand Cayman
Cozumel
Day at Sea
Castaway Cay
Port Canaveral

Disney Cruise Line informed us this change is due to the extensive damage to the port in Costa Maya that remains from last years Hurricane.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kelsie Johnson
Dreams Unlimited Travel
Cruise Concierge Team

Well, poop on a cracker.
Looks like I have some more reading to do this evening. Le sigh.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: