Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #31
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googelibear View Post
subscribing
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Erica! Just checking in - I'll be "sailing" with you here - wishing I was still there - and so sorry to leave the "Party Cabin" empty - I'm sure you'll find some place to drink, though...
We're going to have to sneak a sign onto 6080's door commemorating its significance....the occupants will be so confused when we are all hanging around outside with our drinks of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott's_mommy View Post
OH no.....do we need formals? Should I be finding something for the muchkin who will be traveling with us? What to do? I have GOT to order this passporter thing everyone is talking about....of course the resident Disney expert here at the office suggeted the 'offical' guide..which is better? I think I'm going to go into meltdown soon.
The formals aren't required, you can just dress like you are going to a nice party (or skip the dining room altogether that night) but DH and I like to get all dolled up. I have my standard "little black dress" but I wanted something a little fancier. I might have to hit Macy's during their next big sale, the online stores left much to be desired.

GET THE PASSPORTER! It's great. Even for a seasoned alcoholic cruiser like some people I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
For the cruise, it's virtually unanimous. Passporter is the way to go. Birnbaum (the "official" guide) is pretty good for theme parks, but their cruise book is horribly mis-informed in places. Not very detailed either.
I second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Definately get the passporter- it's like 100times the info and size and soooo much better!!

YAY!! So happy you've started your pre-trip report! I've never gotten to read along with you as it was going on, this is very exciting! We'll be on the Western in November, so I'll be very interested in all your tips and fun stuff. Subscribing right now!

And whoever said you are a celebrity on the DIS was soooo right- you are so hilarious, you should have a fan club!!
Aw, you make me blush! Thank you for the wonderful compliment. I still maintain that I am funnier on paper than in person, but I'm also my own worst critic. Enjoy your Western

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyGirl02 View Post
Ohhhh...sticky tabs for the PassPorter! What a GREAT idea!
I thought so! When DH asked me about an excursion yesterday, I said "it's under the Cozumel tab, with the blue sticky." He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and then flipped right to the page. I was like "please, don't you know me by now?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethipooh4 View Post
Don't forget to label your sticky tabs on your passporter, so you know exactly what to flip to when you are looking for it..

Plus, it makes you look like a genius when you are looking up something and your friends are there planning with you.
Either a genius, or completely insane. Which is almost the same thing. Well, at least for me it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZMUM View Post
Erica, another of your cruise mates looking forward to reading your report .

Tania
Thanks Tania!
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #32
rkandmjsmommy
2006: A year for letters....
A.A., RN, DVC-BCV, and a T.F.'s TAG
I never say anything tagworthy on a tag day
I still get giddy when I see neon...

[QUOTE=podsnel;25368477]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott's_mommy View Post

And whoever said you are a celebrity on the DIS was soooo right- you are so hilarious, you should have a fan club!!
She does have a fanclub, we are called the Dis Double Dippers I have a feeling this cruise is going to be VERY interesting with Erica along add in alcohol and we have a Huge Party Planned
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #33
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post

I thought so! When DH asked me about an excursion yesterday, I said "it's under the Cozumel tab, with the blue sticky." He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and then flipped right to the page. I was like "please, don't you know me by now?"

Has Lionel ever referred to you as Monica? (Friends reference for those of you who are confused.)
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #34
Andromeda9mm
Mouseketeer

Hi!

We'll be sailing with you!

DH and I are also geeks. You're in good company.

Meredith in Utah
Old 05-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #35
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ok Erica... Planky and I just got off the 15 night PC Repo cruise...

You've got a LOT of catching up to do!!!!

Planky likes shopping.....

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #36
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkandmjsmommy View Post

She does have a fanclub, we are called the Dis Double Dippers I have a feeling this cruise is going to be VERY interesting with Erica along add in alcohol and we have a Huge Party Planned
You have NO IDEA what you are in for *rubs hands together and smiles evilly*

Wait, evilly? Is that a word? I guess it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
Has Lionel ever referred to you as Monica? (Friends reference for those of you who are confused.)
I sometimes refer to myself that way! Organized geeks are the worst kind of geeks. SOMEONE I know, and we won't mention names (but it rhymes with SMARAH) keeps a notebook for her online gaming. But I won't say who. I'd hate to emberass her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda9mm View Post
Hi!

We'll be sailing with you!

DH and I are also geeks. You're in good company.

Meredith in Utah
Yay Meredith! The more geeks, the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Ok Erica... Planky and I just got off the 15 night PC Repo cruise...

You've got a LOT of catching up to do!!!!

Planky likes shopping.....
Welcome back Michelle! I can't wait to see the pics.....I'm avidly following Planky's report.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #37
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

In case anyone had any doubts about my anal-retentive planning capabilities:

Revel in the sticky notes. Go on. You know you want to.

In case anyone is wondering, those are the little tab-sized stickies which are AWESOME. They have just enough room to write a little something, they are easily removable, and thay are pretty to boot

Also, I would like to point your attention to the yellow folders on the left. This is my first experience with the deluxe version of the passporter, and I am so impressed! Not only are those little yellow pages POCKETS, but they have little places for you to write down all of the details of your trip. This is a great idea even if you are not a self-indulgent-alcoholic-TR-writing-junkie like myself. It comes with 13 of these little babies! Plus, there are several pockets in the binder itself which you can fill with plane tickets, passports, extra cash, or maybe a ginger chew or two. Oh! And it has the ability to remove unnecessary pages.

I give it three little green-smilie thumbs up:

Thanks to my nifty tab system, we were able to quickly pare down some of the excursions. Currently, we are planning to do the Castaway Cay getaway package for both days, which includes a float, a bike and snorkel gear. I don't know if we will use all of them each day, but it's a great deal and leaves our options open. We are also considering the walking and kayak nature adventure, which received a 7/10 rating, but Lionel is a bit concerned about the whole tiny-vessel-in-the-ocean thing. Which, to be perfectly honest, is totally understandable after our experience with the jet ski eco tour. It is still in the running, but falls down a rung every time I mention it.

Of the three Cozumel excursions we were considering, I am strongly leaning toward the Punta Sur eco park and snorkel. It is well rated, and you get a nice variety of sightseeing and beach time. Plus, we can snorkel if the mood hits. Other contenders were the Xcaret eco park (which is nixed because it is a 7.5 hour excursion and we have short attention spans), the Fury catamaran party (45 minutes on a rocking catamaran? with free drinks? that could go either way), and the dune buggy and snorkel combo (which is $40 more than the other snorkel excursion for almost the same thing).

For Costa Maya, we have pretty much settled on the Chaccohoben Mayan ruins, which apparently has nothing to do with chocolate despite its appearance. It has a pyramid! The closest I have ever been to a pyramid was Epcot's Mexico pavillion and the pool area at Coronado Springs resort.

I'm still looking into spa appointments. And trying to decide what night and days we want to do Palo. I only have 30 more days to decide all of these things. PRESSURE!

Note(s) to self:
  • call Mat
  • email Sarah
  • tie DH down and force him to make a decision with me

That should pretty much do it. My goal is to have most of this planned out by the weekend, so I can start focusing on other things. Like formal wear.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #38
TheDisneyGirl02
I found my Disney Prince!
Animals that have gone through the taxidermy process scare like nothing else!

Quote:
In case anyone had any doubts about my anal-retentive planning capabilities:

Revel in the sticky notes. Go on. You know you want to.

LOVE the tabs in the picture!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #39
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:

For Costa Maya, we have pretty much settled on the Chaccohoben Mayan ruins, which apparently has nothing to do with chocolate despite its appearance. It has a pyramid! The closest I have ever been to a pyramid was Epcot's Mexico pavillion and the pool area at Coronado Springs resort.

Chocolate ....pyramid....maybe you are on to something!!!!!

Glad to see you are writing now...wish we could sail away with you, but alas the 3 y.o. Russian speaking child would be overwhelmed with DH's behavior...remember the YMCA picture from my TR...

I will be anxiously awaiting more.......

.....and you're right...I think that Mozart is jealous that you are going 1st

che
chepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #40
CrazyZeus1
Matching Shirts Rock!

We can't wait to sail with you too! Sounds like you, um, earned a reputation?

HEATHER
CrazyZeus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #41
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post

.....and you're right...I think that Mozart is jealous that you are going 1st

che
My cruise is better than her cruise, though.

Yes, I shall turn into a 6 year old and play the "I am rubber and you are glue" game if I have to.

P.S. Rethink Tulum if it's not on your list. That place is gorgeous.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #42
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Mozart...

(sorry to hijack Erica...)

Corrallia and Corrina are now having dinner with Joel...

However...

Cecelia... on the Magic....

Brunch and Dinner... she just spoiled us silly...

Remember that Erica...

Oh and with all the planning...

Just leave 90% of it home... That's my tip...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #43
Tink rules

Oh and Erica...

We made PJ... Palo Manager... an honory Diser on the PC cruise... Lanyard and all...

Not that we aren't into sucking up or anything!!!

He was great... got us into everything and more... GO FOR BRUNCH!!!! It is to die for!!! And dinner... Tea was... you'll be disappointed if you've been to the GF tea, but the lemon Tiramisu was heavenly...

Old 05-30-2008, 08:31 AM   #44
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Hi Erica! We're on the next double-dip after you (10/25/08), so I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Quote:
This is my first experience with the deluxe version of the passporter, and I am so impressed!
I had my first experience with the deluxe passporter last fall when we did the parks and it was awesome! Now you've convinced me to go ahead and get the cruise version. Thanks!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #45
jollytammy
Mouseketeer

Loved your last trip report! And was really excited to see this one And THANK YOU for putting in the picture and your recommendation of the deluxe passporter. I usually just buy the regular one.

Christmas Walt Disney World 2007, Disney Magic Eastern Jan. 2006, Disney Magic Western Jan. 3, 2004
jollytammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: