Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #136
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Which hotel were you in? When we left out of Miami on the EOS we stayed in a Mariott the night before and it had the pool on the roof and we had pretty good views of the harbour....were you at the same one? We could watch the draw bridge go up and stop traffic for 45 minutes with people blaring their horns in annoyance....your right, they really don't care!!

And your right about something else....Therapist's rule!!!!

cheryl
Old 06-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #137
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Which hotel were you in? When we left out of Miami on the EOS we stayed in a Mariott the night before and it had the pool on the roof and we had pretty good views of the harbour....were you at the same one? We could watch the draw bridge go up and stop traffic for 45 minutes with people blaring their horns in annoyance....your right, they really don't care!!

cheryl
My therapist isn't that good. She says that she's unable to help me because I won't acknowledge that I have a problem. Then she gives me medicine.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #138
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
My therapist isn't that good. She says that she's unable to help me because I won't acknowledge that I have a problem. Then she gives me medicine.
Some people just can't be helped no matter what you do....did you ever think that it's your mother's fault?!?!?!?

che
Old 06-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #139
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Ok, I'm skeert of Miami now. Cool that you got paid to hang out by the pool to get massged. I knew I should have been an ot or pt instead of an RN.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #140
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:

cheryl
Therapists DO rule!
We were at the Bayside Hilton (or is it Hilton Bayside?), and the pool was actually on the roof of the LOBBY, which wasn't EXACTLY what I was expecting since it has something like 20 floors, ya know? So our room actually had a better view of the bay! crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
Quote:
Some people just can't be helped no matter what you do....did you ever think that it's your mother's fault?!?!?!?

che
I'm staying clear of this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Ok, I'm skeert of Miami now. Cool that you got paid to hang out by the pool to get massged. I knew I should have been an ot or pt instead of an RN.
Hehe - therapists have all the fun! But you guys get those awesome 3x12 hour work weeks, so I guess we break even
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:47 PM   #141
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
The view from the room....nice, huh? If you stand on your tiptoes you can see the harbor.

Hey Erica... isn't that considdered an obstructed porthole room???

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #142
nomadic
As Goofy as Goofy!

hahaha...this is brillant! Can't wait until your cruise acutally starts!!

ps--its okay, i'm an overplanner too, and am on meds
Old 06-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #143
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Hey Erica... isn't that considdered an obstructed porthole room???
That's the first thought that came to mind when we opened the drapes, actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
hahaha...this is brillant! Can't wait until your cruise acutally starts!!

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 AM   #144
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Erica! Congrats on getting all of your ressies! Your Miami hotel looks Floradish - too bad about the neighborhood. We're on vacation with the first little family of "was going to be a cruise-ers" - Mark and Lindsay and our grandbabies - Disneyland or bust! We'll be there Sunday - my birthday!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #145
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Erica! Congrats on getting all of your ressies! Your Miami hotel looks Floradish - too bad about the neighborhood. We're on vacation with the first little family of "was going to be a cruise-ers" - Mark and Lindsay and our grandbabies - Disneyland or bust! We'll be there Sunday - my birthday!
Happy Birthday!!!!

Well, I don't really have much of an update. Sarah has had a super busy week, and Mat (in typical man fashion) cannot for the life of him remember what excursions they have decided upon. I THINK she was booking at midnight but I have no idea what she got or what they are doing, or even if she booked anything.

It's tough when you live in two different countries!

At any rate, I believe we are going to be alone on our excursions in Cozumel, but they MAY be joining us at Rum Point beach in Grand Cayman. We'll still see plenty of each other, thought, because we are all short excursion kind of people!

I did end up selling our old camera case on ebay, and have been on the lookout for a new case that will fit our current digital. I also got a 2GB SD card for the camera for (get this) ELEVEN DOLLARS. Including shipping. I got it on amazon.com from someone who listed it as "bulk" but it is legitimate! I already tested it and it works just fine. Same brand as our 1GB card. So we now have the ability to take about a million photos.
And believe me, I probably will.

Hmm. Wonder if any amazon sellers have bulk underwater camera housings?
ETA: the answer is no. Ah well. Ebay it is.
ETA again: Camera case purchased from ebay. Figured I might as well.

So, one thing is off the list (make that two now). Still have to get Lionel a new suit, and some new ties. Perhaps a July 4th weekend trip to Burlington might remedy that, I bet they'll have some great sales! Maybe I'll manage to find a dress there that does not look like a paper sack. I guess a girl can dream.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #146
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Ok, I have made contact.

Mat and Sarah have booked excursions! Some same, some not. Sadly, the reservation engine was giving lots of folks grief on Saturday night, our beloved Canadian included. She did not secure brunch. However, we plan to send Mat and Lionel to Rockin Bar D to remedy the situation so we can all brunch together. Currently, we are having romantic dinners at Palo seperately.

On CC Day #1, we are all just chillin' together. We have Palo Dinner.
On Sea Day #1, we all have assorted spa appointments, and Lionel and I are having romantic tea alone.
On Cozumel Day, we are all doing the Eco Park and Snorkel. I changed our time from 10:45 to 12:45 because the first time slot was already gone.
On Grand Cayman Day, we are shopping together in the afternoon. Lionel and I will be at Rum Point Beach on our own. I think Mat and Sarah have Palo in the evening? Not sure.
On Sea Day #2, we will HOPEFULLY all have brunch together.
On CC Day #2, we are chillin' and they are snorkelling with the seahorses. We'll meet for lunch at Serenity Bay and chill together for the rest of the day.

All in all, I think we'll get to have lots of time with our friends while still having some quality alone time. Everything worked out very nicely!

And now? I must find a fish extender. Ebay, here I come!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:24 AM   #147
mousemom11
Wild Women Do Disney and They Don't Regret It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
OMG! Just discovered this thread and am loving it. Let me introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Becky, and I'm an Obsessive Compulsive Overplanner with a Passporter Addiction Living a Better Life Through Calming Medications. As you can see below, our trip isn't for another 16 months and I am already reading, tabbing, cross referencing, researching the internet on shore excursions, addicted to DIS boards, and Completely Unproductive at work as I read up on WDW and DCL.

However, because we are surprising our DD's with the cruise portion of the trip, I have to hide my DCL Passporter until after the girls have gone to bed. They can't figure out why Mom tries to hustle them off to bed at 4 pm (it's night-time SOMEWHERE in the world, right?).

Anyhoo, thanks for the laughs and the group therapy. May we never be cured!!!

Becky

1996 Honeymoon at WDW 2002 Disneyland GC 2003 Disneyland GC (Concierge) 2005 Disneyland GC at Christmas 10/08 DLH
2009 WDW and Disney Magic Western DD 2010 Mediterranean RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2011 Alaska Disney Wonder 2012 WDW and Disney Fantasy Eastern 2013 RCCL Allure B2B Western and Eastern
2014 Disney Magic Christmas Western 2015 Disney Magic Baltics
mousemom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #148
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Plans are looking good Erica....I like the balance of alone/together time you have planned.
Now what the the important plans.......you know the ones I mean right?
Old 07-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #149
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemom11 View Post
OMG! Just discovered this thread and am loving it. Let me introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Becky, and I'm an Obsessive Compulsive Overplanner with a Passporter Addiction Living a Better Life Through Calming Medications. As you can see below, our trip isn't for another 16 months and I am already reading, tabbing, cross referencing, researching the internet on shore excursions, addicted to DIS boards, and Completely Unproductive at work as I read up on WDW and DCL.

However, because we are surprising our DD's with the cruise portion of the trip, I have to hide my DCL Passporter until after the girls have gone to bed. They can't figure out why Mom tries to hustle them off to bed at 4 pm (it's night-time SOMEWHERE in the world, right?).

Anyhoo, thanks for the laughs and the group therapy. May we never be cured!!!

Becky
Hello, fellow obsessive compulsive planner! It's good to be among friends here at the DIS, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Plans are looking good Erica....I like the balance of alone/together time you have planned.
Now what the the important plans.......you know the ones I mean right?
I have NO IDEA what you are talking about......
Old 07-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #150
anc22
DIS Veteran

Did you find a F.E. on Ebay yet? That is where I bought mine and I love it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: