Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #31
wolfaroo
Earning My Ears

Sen. Elizabeth Dole does this in N.C., we tried, but the Sept lift off was already booked.
wolfaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #32
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Exclamation DIS mentioned by Senators Office!

Here's the reply I got today from Senator Clintons NY office: Mentions the DIS!!!

"Unfortunately NASA has already consumed its annual allocation of complimentary tickets for the Kennedy Space Center this year, so tickets through this office will not be a possibility. I apologize for the inconvenience. Every year NASA offers 500 complimentary passes which congressional offices are able to request for their constituents. This is the first year tickets have ever run out due to a Disney blog which widely publicized this information. Effective January 1, 2009 NASA will offer 4 passes per request rather than the usual 10 they have offered in the past. Regular priced tickets may be purchased online at http://kennedyspacecenter.stores.yahoo.net/ "
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #33
gshumaker
DIS Veteran

No tickets from my Rep in VA.....

Here is the e-mail that I received today.....
NASA has already consumed its annual allocation of complimentary tickets for this year. Tickets may be purchased online at the following website. http://kennedyspacecenter.stores.yahoo.net/
Aug 09 - Offsite @ Disneyland
Aug/Sep 11 - Universal/POP Century
Aug 14 POP Century/Universal

gshumaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #34
txvjc
DIS Veteran

THis is what I got back from Congressman Joe Barton's office here in Arlington, Texas

We have received your letter concerning tickets to the Kennedy Center in Florida. Unfortunately, our office was unable to find any information related to free tickets for this venue. The only possible tickets we could attempt to acquire would be tickets to watch a space shuttle launch in Florida.
I would be happy to put in the necessary requests with the NASA government relations desk, though I cannot guarantee these tickets.
I hope this information was helpful. Please let me know if I can find any more information for you or begin the process of applying for these tickets.
Thank you, and have a beautiful week.

I'm going to try again next year when I need the tickets and maybe some more tickets will be available.
------------------------------------------------------
1st Disney Cruise, 4 night Disney Wonder, June 2009
2nd Disney Cruise, 5 night Disney Dream, June 2011
txvjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #35
gshumaker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by txvjc View Post
THis is what I got back from Congressman Joe Barton's office here in Arlington, Texas

We have received your letter concerning tickets to the Kennedy Center in Florida. Unfortunately, our office was unable to find any information related to free tickets for this venue. The only possible tickets we could attempt to acquire would be tickets to watch a space shuttle launch in Florida.
I would be happy to put in the necessary requests with the NASA government relations desk, though I cannot guarantee these tickets.
I hope this information was helpful. Please let me know if I can find any more information for you or begin the process of applying for these tickets.
Thank you, and have a beautiful week.

I'm going to try again next year when I need the tickets and maybe some more tickets will be available.
Sounds like you need to point them to one of these other reps offices (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...71&postcount=3) to find out the info.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #36
vellamint
DIS Veteran

WOW - I didnt even realize there were three threads on the subject - I thought it was only two...

Anyway - below is the response I got (sadly) from Hilary Clintons office...

Unfortunately NASA has already consumed its annual allocation of complimentary tickets for the Kennedy Space Center this year, so tickets through this office will not be a possibility. I apologize for the inconvenience. Every year NASA offers 500 complimentary passes which congressional offices are able to request for their constituents. This is the first year tickets have ever run out due to a Disney blog which widely publicized this information. Effective January 1, 2009 NASA will offer 4 passes per request rather than the usual 10 they have offered in the past. Regular priced tickets may be purchased online at http://kennedyspacecenter.stores.yahoo.net/

Please do not hesitate to contact Senator Clinton’s office with any further questions you might have at the number listed below.
11/2010 Disneyland Paris For My GIRLS SWEET 16!! (Sequoia Lodge)
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
2/08 Animal Kingdom Villas --
8/06 All Star Movies & Venetian Villages -- 4/06 Grand Californian
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
vellamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #37
gshumaker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellamint View Post
WOW - I didnt even realize there were three threads on the subject - I thought it was only two...
I started this one to try to consolidate the confirmed congressional offices that had given out tickets since my Rep had never heard of it right before the story came out in the FL paper. Bad timing on my part since I doubt it really helped anyone after that article!!

Read my story in post one - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...50&postcount=1

Old 05-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #38
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

anyone having any luck requesting these for a date after 1/1/09?
vgrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #39
MommyBryn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgrandy View Post
anyone having any luck requesting these for a date after 1/1/09?
I'm wondering too!! We'll be going in Jan...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: