Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Our Wedding Oct 2007 - Sunrise Terrace DWL

Well since reading (and being encouraged by Lurkyloo ) a Wedding trip report by the afore mention Disney Bride I've decide to post a few pictures.

I noticed when reading this board (during our planning stages) that Sunrise Terrace was not commonly used. I found it quite hard to find pictures in general. It kind of gave the impression that this was not one of the best locations available, however since getting married there I think it's just well hidden and a real gem if you want a small group of people (8 guests max)
I understand that the other locations have their own benefits, larger capacity, closer to other locations, different views etc. so I'm not knocking any of these I would just like to show our magical day and maybe inspire others to choose it

Just a bit of background to explain our choices and tell you a bit about us:

Me - Becx

27, always loved Disney. I met Gav in 2002 and fell in love straight away Got him to appreciate the Mouse in 2004 when we went to Disneyland Paris, best thing I ever did since he wholheartedly agreed to a Disney Wedding

(Now) Hubby - Gav

30, loves Disney coz I made him Joking, but he really does make an effort to try new things and generally if I like it, he likes it - quite handy really

As soon as I found out that Disney did Weddings I spent ages looking at all the options, cost mainly and was really surprised that it was affordable (mainly becuse of the exchange rate from £ to $) and included most things. As we would definately haved Honeymooned at WDW anyway we thought lets kill 2 birds with one stone (as they say, I don't condone randomly stoning birds )

Next up to tell the family, as I have quite a small group of family and Gavs is much larger I wanted to elope. We agreed to have an at home reception afterwards. Also I didn't want a massive Wedding and be the centre of attention. When we told the various people they all seemed quite happy (we first mentioned it in 2005 with 2007 in mind) and so we went for it

Oh and the date, well that was easy our birthdays are 4 days apart so the middle day would make it a triple celebration - a hat-trick if you will

Planning was so easy, we kept it basic and focused on the whole trip (rather than do everyting on the big day) as we knew everyone would be there for 1-2 weeks. We used a travel agent to book all our bits and were really happy, it was so easy just to e-mail in advance of 180 day mark ( I have no trouble planning, I love it, and no trouble deciding things once I see something I like I know that's what I want)

We stayed in a 1 bed villa at WL, for a couple of reasons, hey it was our Wedding/Honeymoon , we wanted to have space for our Wedding party and the kitchen facilities, also we wanted to stay at the same resort we chose to get married at

We loved it so much and it made things so easy. On the morning of the Wedding we just arrived in the lobby (a few minutes walk from the villas) spotted Stan from STVS, our officiant (Ron Rosenzweig) and the our Wedding planner Tanis All of them were so wonderful and the day went so smoothly, they were like puppeteers pulling the strings ( I didn't know what to expect, I'm used to planning/covering any eventuality but I didn't even need to think, which was perfect)

We did a few photos as our guests were taken upstairs to the beautiful balcony

DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
alissa2008
I'll take two.

yay! Congratulations!! Can't wait for more!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Yay! Thanks for posting these!

Your dress is soooo beautiful!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

This is so funny. Yesterday I was on STVS looking at Lynn's sneak peak video, and i was browsing thru the others. I saw your wedding!! I was specifically looking for SRT at WL because we were going to do our VR there, I agree there are hardly any pics of that place. Your video looked so beautiful, i love your accents .

Can't wait to hear more!

Jennifer

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
hope1826
DIS Veteran

Yay, I'm glad you posted. you looked beautiful and your flowers were gorgeous.

Where is Sunrise Terrace exactly? You're right. There is so little information on it.
Nikki

MAY 5, 2008 - SBP / Attic / UK Upper
hope1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #6
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alissa2008 View Post
yay! Congratulations!! Can't wait for more!!
Thanks, will try and get my fingers in gear! If only I didn't have to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Yay! Thanks for posting these!

Your dress is soooo beautiful!
Thank you I wanted a fairly light weight dress as I knew I would get hot. Plus I also wanted a dress I could wear again - I'm quite thrifty
I almost wore it to MNSSHP that evening, but I didn't want to ruin it, I can be clumsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
This is so funny. Yesterday I was on STVS looking at Lynn's sneak peak video, and i was browsing thru the others. I saw your wedding!! I was specifically looking for SRT at WL because we were going to do our VR there, I agree there are hardly any pics of that place. Your video looked so beautiful, i love your accents .

Can't wait to hear more!

Jennifer
Ha that is a coincidnce I'm so glad we did the video (it was a last minute - well 2 months - decision) and Stan did an amazing job, would definately recommend.
Congrats on your VR, I can't wait till we can do ours Think we're gonna have kids first and do it when they can appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope1826 View Post
Yay, I'm glad you posted. you looked beautiful and your flowers were gorgeous.

Where is Sunrise Terrace exactly? You're right. There is so little information on it.
Nikki
Thanks so much I wanted to go for something different, as I said earlier a dress that could be worn again (it was actually a brides maids dress but it was perfect) and a different colour.
The florist was superb, I suggested a few colours and they e-mailed me a few pics, then I chose the flower and colour (the range was so good, I almost felt a bit out of depth, didn't have a clue what some of the flowers would look like together and sizes). They put it all together and did a wonderful job

Sunrise Terrace is in the Wilderness Lodge, we went for a look around on our vacation in 2006 and fell in love with the place In fact we called the DFTW team to see if we could book it before we flew home

The resort is grand without being too intimidating. Also the location seemed the most private of the smaller venues in that price range. We were cordoned off nicely and people were moved along, it felt very private

And despite going for the basic package they did a grand job of setting up the table and arranging a few of the bits I had brought along.
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Old 05-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #7
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Beautiful! Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your special day.

2xcited2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Your pictures are pretty! Thanks for posting!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #9
JandJ
If I close my mind in fear . . . Please pry it open
I had a very productive day ... yesterday

Congratulations!! I loved reading your TR! You looked beautiful and I love your dress! DH and I were married at Sunrise Terrace on October 20, 2005. I agree, it is simply a gorgeous location! We were going to use SBP but after seeing ST we knew that was IT! I agree, it is hard to find good pictures of it. I was living in Orlando when we were planning our wedding so we went to see it many times.

Here are a few pictures from our wedding day (sorry the quality is blurry):

By no means trying to hijack your TR I just know it is so hard to find pictures of this wonderful location and I loved our wedding day there!

All that I am or ever hope to be I owe to my angel Mother (1940 - 2005) Daddy's little girl (1933 - 2008)

Egypt, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, 7 Caribbean islands, England, France, Italy, Holland, Belgium, 12 states, DC - check! Where to next??

Last edited by JandJ; 05-22-2008 at 09:09 AM.
JandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Beautiful! Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your special day.
Thank you I'm glad I've got around to it finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira1387 View Post
Your pictures are pretty! Thanks for posting!
Thanks I thought the pictures came out so well, I'm not very girly but I think I scrubbed up quite well that day

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandJ View Post
Congratulations!! I loved reading your TR! You looked beautiful and I love your dress! DH and I were married at Sunrise Terrace on October 20, 2005. I agree, it is simply a gorgeous location! We were going to use SBP but after seeing ST we knew that was IT! I agree, it is hard to find good pictures of it. I was living in Orlando when we were planning our wedding so we went to see it many times.

By no means trying to hijack your TR I just know it is so hard to find pictures of this wonderful location and I loved our wedding day there!
Thank you and a belated congrats to you too

Hijack away As you said it's so hard to find pics (which are so helpful when trying to decide), the more the merrier
Old 05-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #11
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Ok, so we were kept outside while everyone got sorted, we had the violinist as our musician. He was so much fun! Before hand he asked how we wanted the songs we chose to be played, we loved his kinda up tempo versions! He varied it a bit and did such a fab job

Tanis instructed us how to walk in, we decided to ignore tradition and wanted to go in together

Here's a pic of us as we entered

Here we are as Ron delivered his ceremony

We chose a ring ceremony he sent us, I'm not that creative with words and to be honest we loved the wording of what he sent us
And the Indian Blessing which was lovely and summed up our relationship so well
I was so excited to have an American marry us I think it's so cool to have his accent on the DVD But then I love the US and wish I could live there

Once I'd put down the bouquet which was soooooooooooooo heavy we held hands until the ring bit

Here's a longer shot, the view was just stunning and such a beautiful day

And the kiss, the best bit

The next best bits were the champers and ginormous cake

Hee, I love that shot
Old 05-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #12
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Oh that is such a beautiful setting!! Makes me want to change back to an Escape VR instead of DCL. I love it! Maybe with your TP, more brides will choose ST. If only it was able to hold more guests.

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #13
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

so beautiful, thank you for sharing
DisneyFairy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #14
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Drinks on the balcony, so civilised - except for the heat

Our first dance and as I said before the fiddler was great He was doing requests after our dance, went above and beyond in our opinion

A surprise for Gav (having read the boards I already knew but tried to look surprised anyway)

The watches

Next up, we donned the obligatory Wedding ears and I had that bouquet back it was killing my wrist by he end of it

We did some more with our guests, not sure if they'll want their pics on the internet so will keep it to the two of us
Old 05-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #15
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
Oh that is such a beautiful setting!! Makes me want to change back to an Escape VR instead of DCL. I love it! Maybe with your TP, more brides will choose ST. If only it was able to hold more guests.
I'm sure DCL will be just as good but you could always consider a vow renewal in a few years

I do hope more people will consider ST, I think as you say it's all down to the limited number of people. We went up there a couple of days earlier and it seemed quite big even with the benches. Maybe they want everyone sitting? Even then I think you could get 3 on a bench Or why not put another bench in? I guess they have their reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy19 View Post
so beautiful, thank you for sharing

Thanks so much for reading, it's nice going through the photos again, there are so many it seems

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: