Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2008, 06:25 AM   #1
Freyja
Formerly known as Sleepless in Denmark - now Wide Awake in Iceland?
To cure your insomina, stop thinking about tags!

Holiday pricing

We will be at WDW from 11/25-12/09, when should I expect holiday prices? Just on Thanksgiving day, the whole week, the entire two weeks?

I had never heard of holiday prices until today so I´m kind of stressed out...
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
ShellyLynn3630
DIS Veteran

Probably for a couple of weeks. This is just one way of Disney trying to screw people out of money. Its ridiculous!!!!!
ShellyLynn3630 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
Freyja

That´s insane. Especially since we can´t get the dining plan since we´re staying the first week offsite and the second week onsite. We´d have to pay for our 10 day tickets and extra 1 day tickets for everyone, which again is insane for a family of 7 (6 paying).

So, how bad should I expect it to be? How big are the price increases?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Holiday pricing = Holiday gouging.

Just my 2 cents.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
ShellyLynn3630
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
Holiday pricing = Holiday gouging.

Just my 2 cents.
So true!
ShellyLynn3630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #6
Freyja

You´re freaking me out! Is it that bad? By how much should I expect to increase my dining budget? Does the holiday pricing only apply to TS places or CS as well?
Old 05-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
You´re freaking me out! Is it that bad? By how much should I expect to increase my dining budget? Does the holiday pricing only apply to TS places or CS as well?
Well for some reason the end of may and june are holiday priced? and this is what I have for info

Ohanas Character buffet was 18.99 per adult and "Holiday Pricing" is 22.99 per adult.

I think its just for buffets? but dont quote me, if you ask Disney Dining when you make your ADRs they can tell you price changes

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
October 2013: To Be Planned
megveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #8
aribelle
DIS Veteran

I had figured there would be a surcharge for Thanksgiving Day though I've not yet seen it posted....so after reading this I decided to hunt around Allears for information about surcharges last T-day. Oh vey, did I learn a few things!

According to Allears (http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_thks.htm) LAST YEAR many of the restaraunts had special meals/buffets specifically for Thanksgiving Day and some weren't serving their full regular menu. For instance, 50s Prime Time Cafe was doing a buffet with "limited" a la carte regular menu.

Anyone know what was on the buffett? I don't think I've ever read that Prime Time HAD a buffett. Is it traditional Thanksgiving stuff, turkey, ham, etc....or is it their regular menu but on an all you can eat style? We wanted the pot roast and chicken pot pie, not turkey! I had figured on paying a couple dollars more, but I hadn't figured on not being able to get the food that we wanted. May need to rethink even eating onsite if they're changing the menu and style of eating. I'm not fond of buffets for lunch or dinner....breakfast is ok, but I prefer not buffet later in the day.

Oh boy....now I'm gonna have to rethink all this again. I'm starting to think maybe I should just go ahead and go see grandma in Tampa for thanksgiving....it'd be free (LOL) and yet the same food I'll apparently be getting at Disney. We were hoping to spend time with Grandma later in the month without the 30 extras she drags in off the street for holiday meals, though.
aribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #9
love_mickey
nina

Red face

Quote:
That´s insane. Especially since we can´t get the dining plan since we´re staying the first week offsite and the second week onsite. We´d have to pay for our 10 day tickets and extra 1 day tickets for everyone, which again is insane for a family of 7 (6 paying).

So, how bad should I expect it to be? How big are the price increases?
I have heard the prices are higher by far.We are going back to disney in december was there last year and 5 of us went my youngest son didnt count cause under 3 i left my baby girl at home with her great grand mother any way am going back in december of this year and there will be 11 to 12 of us and out of those is 6 children so what we are going to do is get our room and split the cost of the extra room thought about getting a time share or something but decided not to we are going to stay 7 days on site magic hrs are great mayb that is something you would like to do is split the cost between everyone jusst a idea
love_mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
puzzles
Mouseketeer

We'll be there Dec 7-14. Will it still be holiday time pricing? Gosh, I hope not!
puzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #11
sdickison
I live in Orlando, Florida

The other posts are correct. They will up the price not only for Thanksgiving Day but for the entire Thanksgiving week. I have a friend that works at O'Hana, and he told me they upped the price on the regular meal for the week to the same higher price of the Thanksgivng Day offerrings.

Quote:
We will be at WDW from 11/25-12/09, when should I expect holiday prices? Just on Thanksgiving day, the whole week, the entire two weeks?

I had never heard of holiday prices until today so I´m kind of stressed out...
Old 05-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #12
Freyja

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_mickey View Post
I have heard the prices are higher by far.We are going back to disney in december was there last year and 5 of us went my youngest son didnt count cause under 3 i left my baby girl at home with her great grand mother any way am going back in december of this year and there will be 11 to 12 of us and out of those is 6 children so what we are going to do is get our room and split the cost of the extra room thought about getting a time share or something but decided not to we are going to stay 7 days on site magic hrs are great mayb that is something you would like to do is split the cost between everyone jusst a idea
Splitting the cost isn´t really an option, considering that 5 of us are our own kids (oldest 14) and then DH and I, which are "splitting" the cost anyway.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #13
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by aribelle View Post
I had figured there would be a surcharge for Thanksgiving Day though I've not yet seen it posted....so after reading this I decided to hunt around Allears for information about surcharges last T-day. Oh vey, did I learn a few things!

According to Allears (http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_thks.htm) LAST YEAR many of the restaraunts had special meals/buffets specifically for Thanksgiving Day and some weren't serving their full regular menu. For instance, 50s Prime Time Cafe was doing a buffet with "limited" a la carte regular menu.
I saw that too...however, on wdwinfo it indicates virtually the same thing except there are specific dates attatched to the special pricing...for this past year it was 11/18-11/24 which would have been from sun. the week of Thanksgiving through friday day after thanksgiving...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/Thanksgiving.htm

and according to this it says 50's prime time will have the thanksgiving menu plus the regular menu...
Disney MGM - Studios

50's Prime Time Cafe '07

11:00am - Varies

Price (not including beverage, tax and gratuity):

$24.99 - ages 10 and up

$9.99 - ages 3-9

Feature Menu

Chef's traditional Thanksgiving dinner including dessert. Regular a la carte menu is available.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:49 AM   #14
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Disney has added the "holiday surcharge" not just on holidays.The surcharge is and can include weeks surrounding holidays.Weeks that Disney considers prime vacationing time.It usually applies only to character dining and buffets.there was a post awhile ago that had the specific details as to what weeks are considered holiday pricing.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #15
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

We are going during the holiday season (Dec) and wanted to get the DDP...you can stll use the DP, right? Your gratuity will just be higher...right?
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
MUDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: