Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #3421
nanay2jdr
Mouseketeer

DD still has very short hair since she lost all her hair last year from chemo. It will be too short for a bun, can they still do a different style for her? She's not used to hair being pulled back anymore but would look nice with some curls.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #3422
Fjobe
DIS Veteran

They have styles with fake hair.

They did not need our brushes for DDs in March. My older DD has very long, thick red hair, so I was actually very surprised they were able to get it up with the comb. They had no problem.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #3423
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanay2jdr View Post
DD still has very short hair since she lost all her hair last year from chemo. It will be too short for a bun, can they still do a different style for her? She's not used to hair being pulled back anymore but would look nice with some curls.
All the styles require the hair to be combed back, but if she has very little, you can ask if they can work with what she has. They might just pixie dust her hair, gel it with colorful gel, and do the make up.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #3424
Minnie404
Earning My Ears

We just did this in early May for my 4 year old. She loved it and then we got to go the castle for dinner. Such a great experience and she kept getting mad at me when I called her by her name-she informed me she is now Princess Skylar. ;-). I was able to get the hair to last about two days so she dressed up the next day as a princess too in the parks. She loved it and so many people walking by said hi Princess. This will probably be a new tradition when we visit the parks.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Minnie404; 05-11-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #3425
ibnerd13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanay2jdr View Post
We are all trained to work with short hair, even as short as a pixie cut. If it is too short for a bun, the Diva is a great choice. I've done it on a pixie cut before and it looks fantastic
Old 05-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #3426
nanay2jdr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibnerd13

We are all trained to work with short hair, even as short as a pixie cut. If it is too short for a bun, the Diva is a great choice. I've done it on a pixie cut before and it looks fantastic
Thank you! She's booked at the MK on June 5, a day before her 4th bday.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #3427
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Just made my DD first BBB reservation!!! I made it for 8:15. Is that a good time for those who have done it? We are staying at AoA...will we have to leave super early to get there on time? Time for pics in front of the castle before? Will we get out too late to have pics in front of the castle after with the hoards of people rushing in?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #3428
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Just made my DD first BBB reservation!!! I made it for 8:15. Is that a good time for those who have done it? We are staying at AoA...will we have to leave super early to get there on time? Time for pics in front of the castle before? Will we get out too late to have pics in front of the castle after with the hoards of people rushing in?

I think we left AOA about 7:15/7:30 when we went. We were let into MK at 7:45 and photopass photographers were already out on Main Street and in front of the castle. (we missed the first bus and I was stressed but a 2nd one came within 5 minutes) You'll have plenty of time before hand (ours was at 8:30 and we had more than enough time for all kinds of photos).
I think for timing to get out it all depends on the style - the first year DD did the princess bun and it didn't seem to take that long but this last time she did the pop princess and I was watching girls come and go that had the fairytale style (sorry if I called it wrong I don't have a chance to go back and look the right terms up right now)

Just returned from a fabulous trip, no planned trips at this time.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #3429
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Thanks! That is helpful! Tis is our first BBB experience, and I'm wondering when during the trip do most people do it? My DD will be four, and we arrive on Sat. And I have an appt. early Sunday morning at MK.i thought it would be a great way to start the trip, but I see some people don't like that? Will the hair (I'm thinking traditional bun) really last and look good the next day? Or should Ijust planon washing it out that night? What about an afternoon swim? Shoulda just try to keep her head out of the water that day? We are having dinner that night at 1900 PF as I just cannot swing eating at the castle for my whole family
Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #3430
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Are the dresses on the first page of this thread, and all the info there still current? It's from 2007.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #3431
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Sorry for all the post....can you tell I'm new to BBB?

I just read this review! Did anyone else find this to be true?

"Like most parents of a 4-year old girl, I felt compelled to indulge my daughter's desires to be made into a little princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. We chose the cheaper $56 package that only included hair, make-up and limited accessories. While the "fairy godmother" stylist was very courteous and bubbly, in that Disney way, and my daughter did look all toddler's & tiaras afterwards, the whole experience was negative from my daughter's perspective. Actually, she hated it for one compelling reason. The super-cheap industrial strength gel and hairspray was so toxic smelling that my daughter begged us to take her back to the hotel and wash it off. The smell was so bad that she passed up our promise of an ice cream sundae in order to take a bath! Disney should take care in investing in better hair care products that do not have such strong and gut-wrenching odors to them that make little girls nauseous.

I do not recommend this experience for children.

Visited May 2013"
Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #3432
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

"Like most parents of a 4-year old girl, I felt compelled to indulge my daughter's desires to be made into a little princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. We chose the cheaper $56 package that only included hair, make-up and limited accessories. While the "fairy godmother" stylist was very courteous and bubbly, in that Disney way, and my daughter did look all toddler's & tiaras afterwards, the whole experience was negative from my daughter's perspective. Actually, she hated it for one compelling reason. The super-cheap industrial strength gel and hairspray was so toxic smelling that my daughter begged us to take her back to the hotel and wash it off. The smell was so bad that she passed up our promise of an ice cream sundae in order to take a bath! Disney should take care in investing in better hair care products that do not have such strong and gut-wrenching odors to them that make little girls nauseous.

Visited May 2013"
No! We have done this for both of our trips and didn't notice any toxic smell

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Caribbean Beach Resort December 2014
Old 05-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #3433
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&AllisMom View Post
No! We have done this for both of our trips and didn't notice any toxic smell
No smell here either. In fact, the gel was something I have used at home. Further, of all of the people who have been and posted about the experience, this is the first time I have read anything about the smell of the hair gel here or anywhere else. And I would have noticed because ever since I had my first child, my nose is wayyyyyy sensitive to fragrances.

As to when to do it during the trip, it varies according to the time of year and a family's plan. Personally, this will be our 2nd time and the first time I scheduled it around the day I was able to get Cinderella's Royal Table reservations for dinner and Akershus for breakfast the next morning. It ended up being about midway through the trip. This time I only booked our trip early March for an early June visit and I was just happy to get an appointment at the castle on one of our days. It is on the afternoon of our first park day.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
Old 05-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #3434
Minnie404
Earning My Ears

My daughter just did this in early May and we didn't notice any type of toxic smell. I think I smelled her hair at one point and I thought it smelled good but that's my opinion. We did ours on our 2nd day of the trip and her hair lasted through the next day. She didn't go swimming the first night (after it was done) so if she would have it would have probably come out. It is up to personal preference though. My daughter loved being able to dress up as a princess at Magic Kingdom and then since it was still in the next day she dressed up again at Animal Kingdom too. I liked it during the trip so she could dress up at the parks with her hair all dolled up. Enjoy it-it was so fun watching her get it done.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #3435
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

Visited May 2013"
Where did you read that at? Was it on Dis? One thing to look at is how many posts this person has. Sometimes people come on and post negative things and only have a couple of posts. They are usually trolls just stirring things up.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: