Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #3331
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear
I read the past few pages, but didnt' see any info on this so I'll just ask...sorry if it has been asked/answered already many many times!

What is the pricing like on the dresses in BBB? We did the castle package for dd last year, so the dress was just part of the whole deal, but I was just trying to price out what it might cost to do a smaller package & buy a dress separately.

Also, I have read that you can pre-order a dress in a larger size to be sure it will be available at your BBB appt, what phone number or email should I use to secure a dress? TIA!
I did the math one time and it is cheaper to buy one from home and get a cheaper package. I believe the cheapest dresses are around $60. Iwant to say my DD's Ariel was $75 in the parks. We brought our youngest DD LE Rapunzel wedding dress and bought our oldest DD in the park (which is still cheaper than buying it in the package)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 02-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #3332
k8smiles
Earning My Ears

Thinking of booking BBB for my 6yo on our upcoming DCL. Few questions.....she does not want a bun and wants to leave her hair long with the colored extensions. What package would that be? Also does I was looking for pic of the pirate package. Suggestions?? Thanks friends
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #3333
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8smiles View Post
Thinking of booking BBB for my 6yo on our upcoming DCL. Few questions.....she does not want a bun and wants to leave her hair long with the colored extensions. What package would that be? Also does I was looking for pic of the pirate package. Suggestions?? Thanks friends
Not sure if they do things differently at the BBB on DCL, but in the parks they would not do this for you. They will not vary their styles, even a tiny bit. She could always get it done,then wear the extensions on later days however you like. But I really don't think they will do this for you.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #3334
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
Few questions...

What is your experience with a young three? My daughter is two now and will turn three at our next fall visit. She has a decent attention span but is also a bit clingy to mom in unsure environments,

Also, she has very fine, somewhat curly (babycurls), thin hair...that falls below her ears...can they do much with this?

Do you have options for hair without it being ridiculously tight...with her hair being so thin and fine...I am concerned over it not being comfortable for her...

Finally...where can I see images of the available hairstyles...I didn't see them on FAQ page...
We took DD right after she turned three. She loved the attention. She was NOT a fan of the hair styling but she is super tender headed. Her FGMIT was wonderful and gentle with her though. Her hair was only about shoulder length and they were able to do the bun style with extensions for her and she loved having the long hair! The bun is not tight at all actually and you can ask for them to loosen it a bit. I did check and it is not tight, which surprised me b/c it looks like it is super tight, its just covered in product. Also, my DD has super fine hair too and it is a pain to style but the FGMIT did an amazing job.

DLR: 2014, 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR
Disney Dream
ToT 10 miler (2013), Avengers 5k (2014)
Old 02-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #3335
cyros
Mouseketeer

Courtyard twists the crown and puts the hair in a high ponytail with coloured extensions (pink, blue or purple - you get to choose two).
Old 03-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #3336
TourPixie
Earning My Ears

I am taking my DD 5 and my DS 4 to the BBB on the 16th. We are so excited. My DD(not yet two) will also be there and I am taking a snow white dress for her to feel involved.

Here is my question, my DS has longer hair. He is really excited for the sword and sheild and I have made him a prince costume for the occasion. Cinderella is his favorite and we are doing CRT afterwards. Below are pictures of my son so you can see his hair. Please tell me they can still do something with himcostume on for fitting purposes
His hair is a mess in these pictures as i was just having him try the

Old 03-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #3337
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourPixie
I am taking my DD 5 and my DS 4 to the BBB on the 16th. We are so excited. My DD(not yet two) will also be there and I am taking a snow white dress for her to feel involved.

Here is my question, my DS has longer hair. He is really excited for the sword and sheild and I have made him a prince costume for the occasion. Cinderella is his favorite and we are doing CRT afterwards. Below are pictures of my son so you can see his hair. Please tell me they can still do something with himcostume on for fitting purposes
SO cute! I have never seen a Prince Charming there - he will be the toast of CRT. I hope the DDs won't mind I will let a CM chime in on your question, I assume they find a way. But they know best!
What a great costume! My DS loved Cinderella too when he was young. The mice especially. Not scary compared to the others. He wanted to be a prince too when we went. So sweet!

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #3338
ibnerd13
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=TourPixie;47751662]I am taking my DD 5 and my DS 4 to the BBB on the 16th. We are so excited. My DD(not yet two) will also be there and I am taking a snow white dress for her to feel involved.

With long hair what we do is we gel the hair and then slick it back smooth and sleek. Then we still add spots/streaks of color (if he wants it) and the Mickey treasure and pixie dust. I love the costume!!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #3339
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Just did the Castle package last week and wanted to share:

We were advised that shoes are not included with the castle package (they're listed on the OP). Probably a recent change. We were able to purchase them separately. We purchased the Cinderella slippers and some glittery shoe with a gem on the top - both were $30.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #3340
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Just did the Castle package last week and wanted to share:

We were advised that shoes are not included with the castle package (they're listed on the OP). Probably a recent change. We were able to purchase them separately. We purchased the Cinderella slippers and some glittery shoe with a gem on the top - both were $30.
Thats good to know and I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. When we did the Castle package in 2011 they didn't have any matching shoes in any sizes for my DD. We ended up with a Tiana dress and clear Cinderella shoes. She wore the shoes for about 20 minutes after the photo shoot and was back in sandals.

Although the package is the same price and offers less I don't think its loss for us.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #3341
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexscooter View Post
Thats good to know and I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. When we did the Castle package in 2011 they didn't have any matching shoes in any sizes for my DD. We ended up with a Tiana dress and clear Cinderella shoes. She wore the shoes for about 20 minutes after the photo shoot and was back in sandals.

Although the package is the same price and offers less I don't think its loss for us.
Actually the package isn't the same price. They did discontinue most shoes about a year or so ago, But the way that package works, everything you get is added on to the price, which is why it is listed at "starting at". Everything you get with the package is added on to the cost. Photos, dress (they used to have different priced dresses), wand, crown, etc. Each is added to the price. It's no a "deal" to get this package. you can purchase it all through the parks and pay the same price. You can also tell them you don't want any of the options as well and they won't be added to the price either.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #3342
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Actually the package isn't the same price. They did discontinue most shoes about a year or so ago, But the way that package works, everything you get is added on to the price, which is why it is listed at "starting at". Everything you get with the package is added on to the cost. Photos, dress (they used to have different priced dresses), wand, crown, etc. Each is added to the price. It's no a "deal" to get this package. you can purchase it all through the parks and pay the same price. You can also tell them you don't want any of the options as well and they won't be added to the price either.
Goes to show you how much I paid attention to what I was buying. I remember paying additional for the tiara but I didn't realize so much was ala carte. I'll feel better in June when we go back and just say no to some things based off the experience.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #3343
TourPixie
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for the comments on my DS costume. I was so excited to make it, have just a few things to add then we are ready to go. We leave to drive to WDW on Thursday and I am so excited.

That sounds great for his hair, he has never had any product in it we always let it just run wild so that will be fun for him, and he would love the color and mickeys. I was just worried they would try to spike it and he would end up with a mohawk or something not very Prince Like, though he would have loved that too my DS is a nut. Cant wait we are so excited, my DD even says shes going to get a Cinderella dress to dance with her brother, I love it!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #3344
nanay2jdr
Mouseketeer

We are celebrating DD 4th bday. We are doing character meals every other day of our trip. Her bday is on the 2nd last day, Akershus breakfast (BBB not available). Unfortunately, the BBB-MK is fully booked too when were at that location. So we booked BBB-DTD on our first morning at WDW but we didn't book any character meal that day at DHS. I chose it this way as I am hoping she can use the crown and sash everyday during our trip. Thoughts/suggestions? Sorry if this is under a wrong thread.

Last edited by nanay2jdr; 03-14-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #3345
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanay2jdr View Post
We are celebrating DD 4th bday. We are doing character meals every other day of our trip. Her bday is on the 2nd last day, Akershus breakfast (BBB not available). Unfortunately, the BBB-MK is fully booked too when were at that location. So we booked BBB-DTD on our first morning at WDW but we didn't book any character meal that day at DHS. I chose it this way as I am hoping she can use the crown and sash everyday during our trip. Thoughts/suggestions? Sorry if this is under a wrong thread.
She can wear it everyday for the rest of her life if she wants to.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: