Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #3286
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjknitz View Post
I made my first BBB appointment for both of my girls by calling reservations directly. I was given a reservation number but no email confirmation and I'm not able to put that reservation in the 'my Disney experience' app. William eventually get some sort of email confirmation? I'm just scared of having this Conf #, showing up the morning of our appt and bring turned away....
Like others said, they don't send out an email nor do they link it online. Maybe they eventually will with the new craptastic site, but it never has in the past.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #3287
tjknitz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

Like others said, they don't send out an email nor do they link it online. Maybe they eventually will with the new craptastic site, but it never has in the past.
Good to know......although I agree about the site. Not a huge fan at this point. I think the concept is great though.......

Sept 2015: POP Century
Feb 2013: Offsite
Sept 2009: POP Century
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #3288
cyros
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me where they do the photos after BBB in MK? I'm supposed to meet my friend and her family after her daughter is finished getting made up. Her appointment at BBB is 10:10 so I figured an hour later at wherever they take the photos might be a good place to meet?

Thank you!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #3289
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyros View Post
Can anyone tell me where they do the photos after BBB in MK? I'm supposed to meet my friend and her family after her daughter is finished getting made up. Her appointment at BBB is 10:10 so I figured an hour later at wherever they take the photos might be a good place to meet?

Thank you!
The Castle Couture gift shop right behind the castle and to the left.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #3290
cyros
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Is there a moment during my own daughter's BBB appointment at DTD when I could talk to the FGiT without my daughter present? Do they have them put on their outfit at the beginning (tutu and t-shirt in this case?)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #3291
GirlOutlaw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyros
Thanks!

Is there a moment during my own daughter's BBB appointment at DTD when I could talk to the FGiT without my daughter present? Do they have them put on their outfit at the beginning (tutu and t-shirt in this case?)
When you check in at the desk they ask if you need to use the changing area. They want you to be dressed before going back to the chair (when you meet the fgit) it saves them on wait time and allows for more appointments throughout the day.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #3292
cyros
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlOutlaw View Post
When you check in at the desk they ask if you need to use the changing area. They want you to be dressed before going back to the chair (when you meet the fgit) it saves them on wait time and allows for more appointments throughout the day.
Okay, so there probably won't be a time when it is convenient to talk to the FGiT without my daughter present since we won't have met her before daughter is sent to the change room? Could I maybe write a note about what I want to do and hand it to the person at check in so they know that I want to put on the surprise earrings and about the tiara I will have (hidden) with me?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #3293
ladeeesquire
Mouseketeer

We were just there on friday (MK location) and I saw something VERY interesting. Not one but two little girls were having their hair done and their bangs were left out of the princess bun! I know this is something that has been discussed on this thread repeatedly and everyone, including me, has always said that they don't vary the hairstyles but apparantly they do!

We were on the disney fantasy the week before and did BBB there as well and the fgit asked my dd if she wanted the bangs in or out. I was surprised and thought that maybe it was just a ship thing but maybe its an overall change??
Old 01-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #3294
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeeesquire View Post
We were just there on friday (MK location) and I saw something VERY interesting. Not one but two little girls were having their hair done and their bangs were left out of the princess bun! I know this is something that has been discussed on this thread repeatedly and everyone, including me, has always said that they don't vary the hairstyles but apparantly they do!

We were on the disney fantasy the week before and did BBB there as well and the fgit asked my dd if she wanted the bangs in or out. I was surprised and thought that maybe it was just a ship thing but maybe its an overall change??
My understanding all along has been that they could leave them out as long as they don't extend past their eyebrows.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #3295
jimandami
DIS Veteran

When we went in Sept, the FGMIT asked about our DDs bangs as well....I just figured they always asked.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #3296
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
When we went in Sept, the FGMIT asked about our DDs bangs as well....I just figured they always asked.
No one asked us about bangs at all. The lady just jelled the bangs up into her hair. When my oldest DD had the "rockstar" style no one asked use either.

I've got videos of most of the process on my youtube. We went to the DTD local this time and were near the door so I had to keep shutting off my video camera. We then went to the MNSSHP and took our pictures next to the BBB in the Castle at MK for free with our own camera.
http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #3297
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

When we were there last Sept. I asked the FGIT if she could leave DD's bangs down because I don't like her with all her hair off her face and I was told no problem. That was with the princess style.

This past Sept. she had the pop princess style and I can't remember if I was asked or not about her bangs but they were kept down.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #3299
nannye
DIS Veteran

We were asked in 2011 and 2012 if we wanted bangs up or down. I picked up both times because V's hair is curly and in that Florida humidity argh, they just wave and don't lay flat so better to have them up.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #3300
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
Stunning!
May I ask, do you want the setting for the photo op and all the makeup, or just the glitter and tiara?
If the latter, you can go to castle couture shop where a CM (dressed similarly to FGiT) can sprinkle pixie dust in your DGD hair and doubtless apply a tiara too. You can either do it in the photo shoot studio (no BBB appointment required, but you may have to wait) or in the shop in front of Aurora's magical dress . . .
All for free. Seems like you could buy some nice Rapunzel souvenirs with the money you'd save. ( you may want to ask at BBB though. depending on how busy they are, they might do it without you having to pay for the package)
Plus, on another thread I saw the cutest idea- someone brought a toy frying pan and had R. autograph it! Too cute.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: