Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #3271
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240

Here is a picture of the Ariel dress - this was bought last September (her make up was the Mermaid makeover from PL)
Yes this is the same dress- I believe I paid $60 for it.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #3272
~April~
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
Here is a picture of the Ariel dress - this was bought last September (her make up was the Mermaid makeover from PL)

Aww she is so cute!!! thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #3273
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Okay - for my Rapunzel princess - DDIL spent all day creating different braids for DGD,5 and this is the finished product. We found a youtube video on it that got her started. We are planning to show up with this already done, pay for a package and ask them to only giver her the glitter and put her tiara on, not to touch her hair. That should make all of us happy!

Your DGD is beautiful and her hairstyle is amazing, your DDIL is talented!
For my DD10, we also plan on skipping the hairdo part of the package because for our last WDW trip she got her hair done in a special braided style and she wants to get it done that way again. We will probably also just ask for the glitter and tiara along with the rest of the package components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
I thought I would post for anyone who is worried about their DD having curly or textured hair and the FGIT brushing it out. No worries!!

My DD's curly hair:

The night before BBB, I washed it and blow dried it out (it kept growing in the humidity! LOL):

And the final result:

Hope that calms some worries!

OMG, your DD reminds me so much of my DD5! Her hair texture is very similar to your DD's. While my DD10 probably won't get the hairdo part of the package, I really wanted to get the hairdo part done for my DD5. Thank you for posting this as I had some concerns. Your daughter is absolutely adorable!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #3274
charsav
Earning My Ears

We will be there in two weeks with our 3 & 7 year olds!!! So very excited for them. When I booked the BBB, they asked me to choose a package then and I chose the Crown package. Now we are planning to let them each pick out a dress when we get there. Can anyone tell me any advantage or disadvantage to just buying a dress when we get there vs. upgrading the package?? We have photopass + for this trip so we would get pictures that way. Just trying to figure out the best value here. TIA.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #3275
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~April~ View Post
Aww she is so cute!!! thank you!
Thanks you! I'll have to find a picture where she was smiling the next time - this one we had a minor meltdown just before (wanted princess shoes,didn't want princess shoes, dress was itchy, etc. but it all worked out in the end)
Old 01-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #3276
Sinderelly
Princess

I really enjoy looking at the photos of all the beautiful little princesses. However...

I really wish BBB would go back to no age restrictions. With that said, I am so very thankful I was able to do this right before the rules changed. I love the Disney princesses and really enjoyed the BBB.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #3277
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
Your DGD is beautiful and her hairstyle is amazing, your DDIL is talented!
For my DD10, we also plan on skipping the hairdo part of the package because for our last WDW trip she got her hair done in a special braided style and she wants to get it done that way again. We will probably also just ask for the glitter and tiara along with the rest of the package components.
Thank you! Who braided her hair before? I hope your DD really enjoys her appt again!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #3278
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI - not sure if it's been said before - I didn't see it on Page 1. If you are staying on property, you can book your BBB appointment with the same180 plus 10 rule they have with the dining. (meaning up to 10 days past your check in date) You can call the phone number at 7am ET.

I got our princess an appt for the time we wanted with no problem!!! I mentioned that we would do our own hair, and they were fine with it.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #3279
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Thank you! Who braided her hair before? I hope your DD really enjoys her appt again!

We got her hair professionally braided at a salon near our home before our last trip. Usually my sister will do it if she is in town. This would be both of my daughters' first BBB experience as they were not interested in going for our last Disney trip. Now they are saying they want to do the Pirates League too because I have an appointment there for their brothers
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #3280
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Subscribing...my DD has her first BBB experience in April!!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #3281
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
We got her hair professionally braided at a salon near our home before our last trip. Usually my sister will do it if she is in town. This would be both of my daughters' first BBB experience as they were not interested in going for our last Disney trip. Now they are saying they want to do the Pirates League too because I have an appointment there for their brothers
That's funny! I guess some girls really enjoy PL and you can be a mermaid if you wish! I got our boys set up for PL today! I'm bummed because the youngest will be a month out from 3 and they won't let him have an appt. We'll have to get some pirate stuff there and fix him up ourselves so he doesn't feel left out!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #3282
tjknitz
DIS Veteran

I made my first BBB appointment for both of my girls by calling reservations directly. I was given a reservation number but no email confirmation and I'm not able to put that reservation in the 'my Disney experience' app. William eventually get some sort of email confirmation? I'm just scared of having this Conf #, showing up the morning of our appt and bring turned away....

Nov 2015: POP Century
Feb 2013: Offsite
Sept 2009: POP Century
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #3283
nmills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjknitz
I made my first BBB appointment for both of my girls by calling reservations directly. I was given a reservation number but no email confirmation and I'm not able to put that reservation in the 'my Disney experience' app. William eventually get some sort of email confirmation? I'm just scared of having this Conf #, showing up the morning of our appt and bring turned away....
You don't get an email confirmation, I was nervous about it too. I called to double check why I didn't get an email and they told me that. I called a couple days to confirm our appt as well because I didn't want to show up and have a very unhappy birthday girl.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #3284
cyros
Mouseketeer

So, I bought my daughter a special tiara that I'll be bringing with me to BBB and she hasn't seen it or heard about it (she's getting Courtyard so isn't expecting one). Is there any way to talk to the FGiT first and just hand her the bag with it in there to have her just put it on at the end? Also, to ask her to please stop at some point before the reveal so I can put on her (surprise) clip on earrings sometime after she is finished with the hair?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #3285
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjknitz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
You don't get an email confirmation, I was nervous about it too. I called to double check why I didn't get an email and they told me that. I called a couple days to confirm our appt as well because I didn't want to show up and have a very unhappy birthday girl.
Just make sure you bring the Conf# with you. They won't turn her away. When I made my PL appt - he was able to see the BBB in there - I can't link anything up either, but it was there. The My Disney Experience website is having lots of troubles right now.

Oh, and did you tell them you were celebrating her birthday? They will give her a Birthday Princess sash.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: