Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #3211
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Post deleted - found the answer!

Last edited by MAGICFOR2; 12-31-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #3212
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjobe
I'm taking my girls in March. I had originally booked the Castle package. Today, after talking about BBB with them, I discovered that they both want to be Ariel. The mermaid Ariel dress I've seen that they have at BBB is in 2 pieces and shows the belly, so I decided to change my plans and order the dress from Disney Store (one piece and covers the belly). I called the BBB number and let them know we will be doing the Crown package instead (they said I coud have just let them know the day of and hadn't needed to call). I am feeling good about my decision, and the savings is an added bonus!
When we were there in December, we were able to buy an Ariel dress- the green one like she wears for her meet and greets. It's a ball gown style. However we only bought it there because I was planning on her wearing her Cinderella dress for home, and the night before we left we realized how tiny it was on her.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #3213
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Are the costumes still that same as in the first picture?
Any hope of a princess sofia dress?

Old 01-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #3214
ilanakan
Mouseketeer

Do you have to decide the package you want and the hairstyle ahead and notify at booking? Or can my dds devide which style they want ehen we get there?
Are there photos somewhere of the different styles?
Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #3215
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I'm not the expert here, but I have read the whole thread about twice! Your DD can choose from the menu when she gets there - here is a link to the brochure I googled http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=1

It has some pics of hair styles. You can just google Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique hairstyles and get all kinds of stuff to look at.

Look at the first page of this thread - the OP has lots of info there, and a link back to part I.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #3216
ilovedisney1982
Loving Disney Every Day!

Hey DISers!
So I finally booked the BBB for DD on her birthday. We're finally going for the DTD location at 10:15am. Then, we're transferring for a day at Epcot and we have ADR's for Akershus Princess Dining. I decided to go for the big package. Quick question--do they have the Merida costume available in a 10/12? She is a Merida fanatic!! Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:30 AM   #3217
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Would you do the BBB right before MNSSHP?

Has anyone done the BBB right before a holiday party?

We are going next September and were thinking that this would be a perfect thing on the night when we attend MNSSHP.

Do you think we will have enough time?

Do they get backed up and find that you will be waiting for your scheduled time?

Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #3218
Fjobe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP

When we were there in December, we were able to buy an Ariel dress- the green one like she wears for her meet and greets. It's a ball gown style.
That dress is beautiful! My best friend's daughter picked it when they went. Both my girls really want the mermaid style.

I must say that I'm very excited that my older daughter picked Ariel because she has gorgeous red hair. Her favorite princess is Cinderella, so I was surprised when she picked Ariel.

We are going on a Cruise after we are at WDW, and I'm considering buying a second dress for each (including Cinderella for older DD) and letting them have a final pick for BBB the morning we go. They could wear the other dress on the ship to dinner one night (or even each dress on different nights).

Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #3219
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster
Has anyone done the BBB right before a holiday party?

We are going next September and were thinking that this would be a perfect thing on the night when we attend MNSSHP.

Do you think we will have enough time?

Do they get backed up and find that you will be waiting for your scheduled time?
We did before MVMCP in December (I actually just wrote about it in the other thread on here now).

We were only able to get a 3:00 on a party night, all morning was booked so I was a little worried. We arrived early to check in and we were actually taken right away.

Because we did the basic package (bun, make up, nails), it didn't take really long, 30 or minutes or so for the hair. The big reveal lasted between 5-10 minutes as her sash and bag was set up and pictures were taken.

We were paid and out by 3:45-3:50. I did the photos right after at Castle Couture as there wasn't a line. All photos went on our photopass+ and they got a lot of good shots! We were in adventureland doing sorcerer's and with our wristbands by 4:30-4:45.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #3220
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjobe View Post
That dress is beautiful! My best friend's daughter picked it when they went. Both my girls really want the mermaid style.

I must say that I'm very excited that my older daughter picked Ariel because she has gorgeous red hair. Her favorite princess is Cinderella, so I was surprised when she picked Ariel.

We are going on a Cruise after we are at WDW, and I'm considering buying a second dress for each (including Cinderella for older DD) and letting them have a final pick for BBB the morning we go. They could wear the other dress on the ship to dinner one night (or even each dress on different nights).
I found the prices of just the dresses to be about $10 more than the ones in the Disney store, IMO not a big deal especially when you're already spending so much to begin with!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #3221
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

My DD5 is going to BBB in a few weeks and she is in love with Merida so she will be wearing the Merida dress she got for Christmas. She thinks she wants the Diva style (subject to change of course). If she goes with Diva I have two questions:

1. Do they sell the Merida crown in WDW?
2. If so, can I buy it as an add on and will they put in on along with the Diva hair extension?

Thanks so much
Old 01-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #3222
Alimarie12
Mouseketeer

We are doing BBB for my 3yr old for the first time. My 9 yr old wanted to skip it last time (loved it at 5, didn't want to at 7). 1/2 way through the trip she was regretting it. This time, she says she wants to, but doesn't want to wear a gown.

Any suggestions on clothing for the 9 yr old? Is there anything pop princessy? 3 yr old will wear a Cinderella dress.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #3223
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose

We did before MVMCP in December (I actually just wrote about it in the other thread on here now).

We were only able to get a 3:00 on a party night, all morning was booked so I was a little worried. We arrived early to check in and we were actually taken right away.

Because we did the basic package (bun, make up, nails), it didn't take really long, 30 or minutes or so for the hair. The big reveal lasted between 5-10 minutes as her sash and bag was set up and pictures were taken.

We were paid and out by 3:45-3:50. I did the photos right after at Castle Couture as there wasn't a line. All photos went on our photopass+ and they got a lot of good shots! We were in adventureland doing sorcerer's and with our wristbands by 4:30-4:45.
They allowed you in with your holiday ticket at 3?

I thought they didn't allow party people until 4pm

I wonder if they allow our whole group in at that time. We have 12 of us, but only two girls getting the BBB package.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #3224
caravarela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster

They allowed you in with your holiday ticket at 3?

I thought they didn't allow party people until 4pm

I wonder if they allow our whole group in at that time. We have 12 of us, but only two girls getting the BBB package.
The party ticket itself doesn't get you in until 4, so the pp must have had a park ticket for that day. We did the same thing, used a park ticket to go to the park in the morning, then took a break, then returned around 3 for the party. If you go in with a regular ticket you just have to find a wristband spot later on. We like to do our makeovers and dinner before the party stuff starts so we don't waste that time.

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach Pirate Room
November 14: Coronado Springs
Old 01-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #3225
Emzed
Mouseketeer

What costumes are available at the castle?

Hi there,

My family and I are travelling to WDW in March and have the BBB booked at the castle prior to lunch there. I was thinking of getting dressed ahead of time but wanted to know which ones were available at the park. Are they usually all available in any size? Do you have to "order" it ahead of your appointment? I'm not certain what the sizing is (my daughters are 6 and 8). Someone mentioned the Ariel dress; is that different from her "mermaid" attire (not too keen on those shells! ) Is there still a Merida dress or do you have to book a special package for that one (as someone suggested). Looking for some help.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: