Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #3181
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

For all of you who have spent time at BBB - have you seen any little princesses who keep a long braid like Rapunzel? DGD, who will be six, has long blond hair and she talks about growing her hair out for "Rapinzel" every time she washes it. I am hoping they will work it out for her, or we will have to do the braid ourselves before we get there.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #3182
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2
For all of you who have spent time at BBB - have you seen any little princesses who keep a long braid like Rapunzel? DGD, who will be six, has long blond hair and she talks about growing her hair out for "Rapinzel" every time she washes it. I am hoping they will work it out for her, or we will have to do the braid ourselves before we get there.
I believe that they are only able to do the pictures of the styles offered. It is not technically a hair salon so they are limited to what is offered.
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #3183
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose View Post
I believe that they are only able to do the pictures of the styles offered. It is not technically a hair salon so they are limited to what is offered.
Thanks, I'm a little worried about that. It seems they have braided before an updo for others, so I was hoping they can braid and not updo
Old 12-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #3184
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Thanks, I'm a little worried about that. It seems they have braided before an updo for others, so I was hoping they can braid and not updo
They will not vary from the photos, not even a little bit.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #3185
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
The others are right. They will not vary at all. I asked for less cottonball look and more spikey and they told me it couldn't be done.
You won't be able to do a braid yourself either and take her there, as they are styling the hair in one of the offered looks. I suppose you could call and ask if they would just do make up and nails, but I am not sure if that will lower the price at all.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #3186
nmills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaBride
I have an appt for my daughter and 2 nieces to get the crown package at the DTD location. If we have Photopass Plus but only the crown package, can we still get the photo shoot done after and put on our card. Does this cost extra. Where do they do the pics at DTD?
We were just there over thanksgiving and my daughter had an appt at the DTD location, we did not get the package with the photos included but they still told us to go get pictures done and gave us a little map of where to go. It is not a far walk at all and all the photos were added to our photopass. We even stopped in to castle couture in MK and had photos done there too, the background is different and the chair was different too. I liked having the different options even though my daughter was a little silly during the second photo shoot since she had been enjoying some disney treats.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #3187
ladeeesquire
Mouseketeer

Quote:

everyone else is right, they don't vary. But, on the other hand, we've done BBB 5 times I think and they've braided dd's very long hair a couple of times before putting it into the bun. I don't know why you couldn't just ask them to stop at that point. The only thing is, all the fgit's haven't braided it first. Not sure what you'd do in that case.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:51 AM   #3188
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeeesquire View Post
everyone else is right, they don't vary. But, on the other hand, we've done BBB 5 times I think and they've braided dd's very long hair a couple of times before putting it into the bun. I don't know why you couldn't just ask them to stop at that point. The only thing is, all the fgit's haven't braided it first. Not sure what you'd do in that case.
I thought of that. I was also thinking we could get that "corn row" twist with pony tail they are showing and then braid it and put flowers in it ourselves after we leave. The only thing is, I don't think we would get the sash. We'll have a tiara already. They even sell a Rapunzel braided hairpiece, so why you can't add that is beyond me.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #3189
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

I thought I would post for anyone who is worried about their DD having curly or textured hair and the FGIT brushing it out. No worries!!

My DD's curly hair:

The night before BBB, I washed it and blow dried it out (it kept growing in the humidity! LOL):

And the final result:

Hope that calms some worries!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #3190
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Wow! They must have some good detangler - I'm sure they didn't make her cry! My DSIS had hair almost that curly when she was little - I remember what a struggle it was not to hurt her head.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #3191
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow! They must have some good detangler - I'm sure they didn't make her cry! My DSIS had hair almost that curly when she was little - I remember what a struggle it was not to hurt her head.
She cries with me every day, but not at BBB! lol

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #3192
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

I have a question about the hairstyles for BBB. I booked the Crown Package for DD5. Her hair is chin length and all one length, so more or less a bob....I've read that there are not any variations in hairstyles so my concern is that DD's hair is not long and what will they do with it? She's actually not really interested in the Fairytale Princess style, but I can't find pictures of the other styles. Just want to make sure they will be able to work with short hair....
Old 12-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #3193
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
I have a question about the hairstyles for BBB. I booked the Crown Package for DD5. Her hair is chin length and all one length, so more or less a bob....I've read that there are not any variations in hairstyles so my concern is that DD's hair is not long and what will they do with it? She's actually not really interested in the Fairytale Princess style, but I can't find pictures of the other styles. Just want to make sure they will be able to work with short hair....
DD's hair was a little longer than chin length. She didn't like princess style so we went for diva. It had fake long hair added behind. I prefer it to princess too. This style does not come with a tiara. Comes with 2 clips. I had brought our own tiara, so no prob. Otherwise u can buy one from the shop there. I could take out the fake hair and put it back for DD on 2 other occasions when we went BOG and Akershus. it looked almost just as good.

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
Old 12-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #3194
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post
DD's hair was a little longer than chin length. She didn't like princess style so we went for diva. It had fake long hair added behind. I prefer it to princess too. This style does not come with a tiara. Comes with 2 clips. I had brought our own tiara, so no prob. Otherwise u can buy one from the shop there. I could take out the fake hair and put it back for DD on 2 other occasions when we went BOG and Akershus. it looked almost just as good.
Excellent! Thank you so much I think DD will end up with Diva as well. She said she thought the princess looked painful and I have to agree.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #3195
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer

Took my daughter for her 4th birthday on 12/20. Great experience! She usually fusses when she gets her hair brushed and she runs from the comb. No problem at BBB! In fact, our Fairy Godmother didn't even need a comb or brush ( I didn't tell her anything about my daughter being fussy...she just didn't use them). The gel they use to lay down the hair is AWESOME. I'm mad I didn't ask for the product's name so I could use it at home.

Overall great time. My daughter enjoyed the pampering and she looked so cute. Of course, she picked the "diva" style and pink hair. I let her roll with it and the pink actually turned out cute. It definitely was a head turner in the park. I plan to do this on each subsequent trip until she tires of it.

A few pics:
Picking out hairstyle:

Makeup:

Finished!

Her diva attitude came at no extra charge! LOL

Last edited by LekiaHall; 12-27-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: