Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #3136
SalandJeff
Disney Addict x2
Likes a nice hot cup of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeck520 View Post
We are doing BBB on 9/20 and my daughter wants to be Cinderella. I am buying the (regular) Cinderella dress from the Disney Store before we go, but I don't really like the tiara that they sell to coodinate with it (it's more of a headband than a tiara). They have a very nice set that goes with the Limited Edition dress, it has gloves, a necklace and a small very sparkly tiara for $24.50. I thought that price was a little high since I just really want the tiara - don't really need the gloves or necklace. Does anyone know how much a tiara costs if you buy it the day off at BBB? Just a smaller, simple style. Wondering if I should just wait and let her choose a tiara when we get to BBB rather than spend so much beforehand? ...
You do not need to bring a tiara. One is included in the package. Look at post #8 on page 1 of this thread and you can see a pic. Very cute.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #3137
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are doing BBB on 9/20 and my daughter wants to be Cinderella. I am buying the (regular) Cinderella dress from the Disney Store before we go, but I don't really like the tiara that they sell to coodinate with it (it's more of a headband than a tiara). They have a very nice set that goes with the Limited Edition dress, it has gloves, a necklace and a small very sparkly tiara for $24.50. I thought that price was a little high since I just really want the tiara - don't really need the gloves or necklace. Does anyone know how much a tiara costs if you buy it the day off at BBB? Just a smaller, simple style. Wondering if I should just wait and let her choose a tiara when we get to BBB rather than spend so much beforehand?

I am just a little cautious ... wondering if I let her choose the tiara there that it is going to open the floodgates and honestly, I really can't afford to let her choose a dress or a ton of accesssories there.

Hoping Disney store puts their Halloween costumes on sale after Labor Day! Does anyone know when they usually do that? We are leaving for our trip on 9/15 ... have been waiting to order or stop in, but we are running out of time!
I have seen a light up tiara at DTD $20. I am getting them for my girls befor BBB
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #3138
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
We are doing BBB on 9/20 and my daughter wants to be Cinderella. I am buying the (regular) Cinderella dress from the Disney Store before we go, but I don't really like the tiara that they sell to coodinate with it (it's more of a headband than a tiara). They have a very nice set that goes with the Limited Edition dress, it has gloves, a necklace and a small very sparkly tiara for $24.50. I thought that price was a little high since I just really want the tiara - don't really need the gloves or necklace. Does anyone know how much a tiara costs if you buy it the day off at BBB? Just a smaller, simple style. Wondering if I should just wait and let her choose a tiara when we get to BBB rather than spend so much beforehand?

I am just a little cautious ... wondering if I let her choose the tiara there that it is going to open the floodgates and honestly, I really can't afford to let her choose a dress or a ton of accesssories there.

Hoping Disney store puts their Halloween costumes on sale after Labor Day! Does anyone know when they usually do that? We are leaving for our trip on 9/15 ... have been waiting to order or stop in, but we are running out of time!
The small tiarra is included in the bun style. Or you can buy it if you don't get that style. I want to say it's now around $15?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #3139
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

You can get the small tiaras on Disneystore.com. I ordered one for DD when there was a 25% off sale.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
Future trips on hold due to DS8's leukemia diagnosis

Me (43) DH (40) DS (8) DD (8)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #3140
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
I think they have it there, but if you want to make sure you have Mulanís outfit, here is the link to order from the Disney store.

http://www.disneystore.com/girls-***...00763+1007603/

There are 3 choices for hairstyles, two other than the bun. One adds a long fake hair piece, called the Diva. The other adds a pink hair, called a Pop Princess style. The courtyard package is the most recent added and it has a different hairstyle (there is a thread on here about it) but it also comes with an outfit. It comes with a shirt and a tutu and is $89.95.

From what I can remember from the movie, honestly, Mulanís hair was pulled into a bun when she wanted to look like a man. Other than that, it was down. So the closest she may get to looking like Mulan could be to get the bun and not add the tiara, but the headpiece in the link above. Or to get the Pop Princess Style.

As to the nails, my daughter got a choice of either blue or pink polish during her makeover, but was given both bottles to take with her. You also get the left over makeup and face jewels not chosen during the appointment. They put everything in a little BBB drawstring backpack, so you can easily extend the magic later. I don't think we got glitter (pixie dust) to bring home.

Here is the link to a post on the other long BBB thread that shows you pictures of the hair styles and the makeup. It is old, but from what I saw when dd had her menu in June, pretty accurate.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...20&postcount=1
Thank you so much!!! We ordered a really pretty Asian costume from amazon and DD loves it and will wear it for Halloween, it comes with a hairpiece and yes it is a bun style....thanks again for the awesome info and all those pics!
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #3141
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker

One last question.....we have a 7:15 dinner reservation at the castle....what time should we do BBB in order to be at the dinner by 6:30...we want to request a window seat and hope to get one if we get there early enough.....what time should we do BBB???

Thanks!
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

Old 09-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #3142
nervous1sttimer
Mouseketeer

Calling for cancellations

I have tried a few times now to book a BBB appointment at the MK location for my daughter on 11/14. Any time would work for us, as long as it is before 4:30pm (we have CRT at 5:25). They are always all booked up.

Do people cancel regularly? Is it worth it to keep calling? Or should I ask our resort concierge to check for us when we get there (we are staying 11/9-11/16) since if people cancel, they might wait until the last minute before they lose their $10 deposit?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #3143
nmills
Mouseketeer

I called everyday for a week, sometimes multiple times a day and finally got the day and time we wanted. I would keep trying and if nothing opens up now hopefully your theory of people cancelling closer to the dates you are going works out. I would call first thing in the morning and then again at night hoping people canceled throughout the day I am so glad I did, we only had 2 days we could go so I was very persistent.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #3144
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvTinkerbelle View Post
One last question.....we have a 7:15 dinner reservation at the castle....what time should we do BBB in order to be at the dinner by 6:30...we want to request a window seat and hope to get one if we get there early enough.....what time should we do BBB???

Thanks!
I left 2.5 hours in between in case they were busy and we didn't get to start at her appointment time. That way we would have time for her photo session at Castle Couture and maybe some rides before dinner. I wanted to get a photo of her on the carousel because I have seen them and they were so cute, but it was raining. So we had BBB at 4 and CRT at 6:40. We were able to go in on time so we had time for some rides after her photo session. Go ahead and call for your reservation though. The reservations open 180 days out just like dining ones.

Oct. 2011: Fall Break at Sea World and Magic Kingdom
TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2827406
June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685

Last edited by luvmy2babies; 09-02-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: adding more information
Old 09-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #3145
jenhelgren
Mouseketeer

How do the pictures work after the makeover session? I know I read that the individual photos are pricey so I was considering getting the prepaid Photopass CD just for the BBB pictures. Do you need an appointment for the pictures or do they just tell you where to go after the makeover session? Are there multiple scenes and poses. We are doing the courtyard package so will my daughter look out of place not being dressed as a princess? Thanks for all the help I can get!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #3146
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhelgren View Post
How do the pictures work after the makeover session? I know I read that the individual photos are pricey so I was considering getting the prepaid Photopass CD just for the BBB pictures. Do you need an appointment for the pictures or do they just tell you where to go after the makeover session? Are there multiple scenes and poses. We are doing the courtyard package so will my daughter look out of place not being dressed as a princess? Thanks for all the help I can get!!!
No appointment is required for the photo session. I just wanted to do it right after the makeover. We just walked over after she was done at BBB. There was one little girl finishing up. She was in regular clothes so your little girl will be fine. I had a friend who took his two girls and one of them wore a Minnie Mouse dress. Girls wear a variety of things.

I just went through my file and counted and there were 13 or 14 different pictures. He didn't change the background. There were some with her standing, one sitting with the wand she had, more sitting without it, then more sitting with various poses.

I had prepaid for photopass and I don't know what comes in each package, but I did see one package that was more than what I had paid for our CD.

There are also photo pass photographers in the boutique and they get a picture of your daughter when the Fairy God Mother turns her to the mirror. They don't get to see what they look like until the end, so it's pretty cool.

They take some other ones too as the Fairy God Mother in Training shows her differeng things like a close up of the face jewel and the makeup.

Have fun

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
Old 09-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #3147
bushdianee
I had a water fun day planned
I tend to buy way too many t-shirts when I visit WDW

I can only speak for the MK location. The pictures are taken in the store right across from the castle. I think the name is Castle Couture. You just go over and stand in line. They will take several poses/shots. The girls can have on BBB sash on, off of some of each. They take some poses standing and then have the girls pose on a lounge thingy for more pics. I'd say they took about 20-30 shots in all. Then you get to wait in another line to view and choose your pictures if you bought the package. All of the photos are put on your photo pass or photo pass+ card. It probably took about an hour when we did it in early June. Depends on how busy they are, not everybody goes over. you can also go back and select your pics later if you don't want to wait.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #3148
EEs*Mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post

They take some other ones too as the Fairy God Mother in Training shows her differeng things like a close up of the face jewel and the makeup.

Have fun
Your DD is beautiful and I am so glad to see her pics. Is your DD's hair natural? My plans are to stretch DDs hair the night before we go. Did you bring your own brush or any products? I know what the deal from Disney says but DD is AA and I want to make sure everyone involved is prepared. We are really picky about what we use in her hair.

7/30 to 8/06 2007 ~ Bday at BC
Noah's Wish!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #3149
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEs*Mommy View Post
Your DD is beautiful and I am so glad to see her pics. Is your DD's hair natural? My plans are to stretch DDs hair the night before we go. Did you bring your own brush or any products? I know what the deal from Disney says but DD is AA and I want to make sure everyone involved is prepared. We are really picky about what we use in her hair.
Thank you. She has had a texturizer before, but not often. Before the trip, she had an appointment for a shampoo, conditioner and oil treatment. After that it was blow-dried and pressed and flat-ironed so it took some heat to get it like that. I brought a comb and brush as they advise. They used the brush we brought, but opened a new comb to use. They have detangler there, which was similar to what I use at home and brought it up into the bun a little at a time. The hair gel they used is JAM, which I also use at home.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #3150
mickeyrus
Earning My Ears

We did bbb and it was cool! Wish I knew how to post pictures on here!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: