Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #3106
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
So it took an hour to get her dressed and have the makeover done? How long did the photo session take? We have a 9:30 at downtown Disney and then an 11:45 lunch at the crystal palace, I guess I am wondering if we will have enough time to do the photos at downtown Disney or if we can do them in magic kingdom....
We didn't have a wait either. Our appointment was at MK. It was an hour from when they took us to the dressing room to me paying at the exit. There was one little girl in front of us for pictures, but she was finishing up. That took 20 minutes I think once he started with my daughter. He took 15 pictures. That close to the boutique's opening you are not likely to have a wait so that is good.

That being said, do you have a vehicle or will you be depending on Disney transportation? There is no bus that goes from Downtown Disney straight to a park. You will have to take a bus to a resort first in order to get to Magic Kingdom after your appointment. I'd take one to a monorail resort. Either way, I think I would take the pictures at MK.
__________________
Me DD 11 DS, 4

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline  
Old 08-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #3107
nmills
Mouseketeer
 
nmills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies

We didn't have a wait either. Our appointment was at MK. It was an hour from when they took us to the dressing room to me paying at the exit. There was one little girl in front of us for pictures, but she was finishing up. That took 20 minutes I think once he started with my daughter. He took 15 pictures. That close to the boutique's opening you are not likely to have a wait so that is good.

That being said, do you have a vehicle or will you be depending on Disney transportation? There is no bus that goes from Downtown Disney straight to a park. You will have to take a bus to a resort first in order to get to Magic Kingdom after your appointment. I'd take one to a monorail resort. Either way, I think I would take the pictures at MK.

We are staying with family so we will have a vehicle, which I think should help some. I feel better now knowing we can do the pictures in the park. I didn't want to miss out on them. We got really lucky with getting a morning appointment I could only get a 6 pm in MK originally but I called everyday for a week and finally got the 9:30 time, so excited my daughter won't stop talking about becoming a princess for her birthday. Thanks for the help! I can now relax after the crazy hassle of planning everything, and the many hours on the phone to get reservations for BBB and BOG.
nmills is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #3108
Distopia
Mouseketeer
 
Distopia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 168

Hi there,

We are here right now and did the coach package for our two girls on Saturday. We were charged 64.95 for each girl, but I thought the price was 54.95? The young girl who took my card was trying to tell me something at the time, but it was so noisy and chaotic that I couldn't understand her. Does anyone have confirmation that the prices have been raised this much, or should I take my receipt back on our next MK day? Thanks!
__________________
Distopia is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #3109
cbeck520
Earning My Ears
 
cbeck520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10

We have reservations for my DD, age 4, on 9/20. I've never been before and have a question about the hairstyles. Most of the pics and videos I have seen have been with girls that have longer hair and no bangs. DD has a bob that is just above shoulders and she has bangs. They can work with this, right? I assume they are ready for anything

Also my son is 6 ... he wasn't interested in PL but seemed interested when I mentioned they can do boys hair at BBB. But - this just came up and I did not make an appointment for him. Does anyone know if our FGIT can quickly put some gel in his hair or do the boys have to have appointments too? Wondering if I should just buy some colored hair gel here before I leave and fix him up myself ... I really don't want to make an appointment at another time and I doubt anything would be available anyway.

And one last question - BBB is 9/20, we have Cinderella's Happily Ever After dinner that night, and then MNSSHP on 9/21. Her hair should last through the Halloween party, right? Any tips to make sure it does last?

Thanks!
__________________




September 2010 - All Star Movies
September 2011 - All Star Movies
September 2012 - Pop

(plus assorted trips when I was young, all offsite!)
cbeck520 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #3110
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeck520 View Post
We have reservations for my DD, age 4, on 9/20. I've never been before and have a question about the hairstyles. Most of the pics and videos I have seen have been with girls that have longer hair and no bangs. DD has a bob that is just above shoulders and she has bangs. They can work with this, right? I assume they are ready for anything

Also my son is 6 ... he wasn't interested in PL but seemed interested when I mentioned they can do boys hair at BBB. But - this just came up and I did not make an appointment for him. Does anyone know if our FGIT can quickly put some gel in his hair or do the boys have to have appointments too? Wondering if I should just buy some colored hair gel here before I leave and fix him up myself ... I really don't want to make an appointment at another time and I doubt anything would be available anyway.

And one last question - BBB is 9/20, we have Cinderella's Happily Ever After dinner that night, and then MNSSHP on 9/21. Her hair should last through the Halloween party, right? Any tips to make sure it does last?

Thanks!
I can not help with your son. But if you do BBB on 9/20 then MNSSHP 9/21 I think the issue would be if you wanted to go swimming or not. I did my DD at bbb in 2009, once MNSSHP was over and we were on the bus back, she wanted it out of her hair.
cantwaitvaca09 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #3111
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 1,680

Do they have a halloween theme at BBB in October?
__________________
*May 2015- TBD * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #3112
jimandami
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Union, KY (Cincinnati)
Posts: 3,017

DD3 has a surprise appointment at the BBB on Sept 26 and I have a question. DM bought her the limited edition Cinderella dress yesterday (yeah...she is nuts!) and it seems like it might be bulky to sit in when getting her makeover. Do most of you take your DDs in their princess dress, or just take the dress and have them put it on after their hair/make-up is done?

Thanks!
jimandami is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #3113
jimandami
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Union, KY (Cincinnati)
Posts: 3,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobellybutton View Post
We just got back 2wks ago, and did BBB @MK Castle & it was AMAZING, we had a 9:30am appt & it was so beautiful they make every effort to make your "Princess" feel like a real Princess..the pictures were amazing we took my DD to Castle Couture it's just behind the castle & they did a "photo shoot" and we my mon got teary because of the beautiful pics.
We used a dance recital dress (looks like Cinderella's ball gown) & when we went to the meet & greet Cinderella came out to acknowledge her dress & "look", she said "oh you look like me...FGIT did a great job!"
Do you need an appt for the photo shoot? If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?
jimandami is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #3114
Funfire240
DIS Veteran
 
Funfire240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeck520 View Post
We have reservations for my DD, age 4, on 9/20. I've never been before and have a question about the hairstyles. Most of the pics and videos I have seen have been with girls that have longer hair and no bangs. DD has a bob that is just above shoulders and she has bangs. They can work with this, right? I assume they are ready for anything

Also my son is 6 ... he wasn't interested in PL but seemed interested when I mentioned they can do boys hair at BBB. But - this just came up and I did not make an appointment for him. Does anyone know if our FGIT can quickly put some gel in his hair or do the boys have to have appointments too? Wondering if I should just buy some colored hair gel here before I leave and fix him up myself ... I really don't want to make an appointment at another time and I doubt anything would be available anyway.

And one last question - BBB is 9/20, we have Cinderella's Happily Ever After dinner that night, and then MNSSHP on 9/21. Her hair should last through the Halloween party, right? Any tips to make sure it does last?

Thanks!

My DD had the same hairstyle last year and kept her bangs down. I just made sure to ask our FGIT, stating that I didn't like her without bangs and they had no problem. We're doing the same again this year. The only problem we had last year was she wanted the bun style and with her hair being so short they pulled really hard to get it up. I've never posted pictures on here but if I can figure it out I'll post the results picture so you can see. (Her before look is in my family picture on the left - that was taken on our way in to the BBB)
__________________


Funfire240 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #3115
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distopia View Post
Hi there,

We are here right now and did the coach package for our two girls on Saturday. We were charged 64.95 for each girl, but I thought the price was 54.95? The young girl who took my card was trying to tell me something at the time, but it was so noisy and chaotic that I couldn't understand her. Does anyone have confirmation that the prices have been raised this much, or should I take my receipt back on our next MK day? Thanks!
Is that before or after tax? I paid $64 and some change for the Crown package in June. That was $59.95 plus tax from looking at my receipt.

Also, are you sure they gave you the Coach package? Did they do hair, makeup and nails or just their hair and makeup? If they got their nails polished you got the Crown package, which is $59.95 plus tax.

If they didn't get their nails done, they might have charged you for the Crown package.
__________________
Me DD 11 DS, 4

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #3116
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
Do you need an appt for the photo shoot? If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?
You don't make an appointment for the photo shoot. We just walked over after the makeover as I'd left time for it in between the make over and dinner at CRT.

For me I didn't pay anything. I just had him scan my photo pass card to add the photos. If you want to buy printed photos and didn't get the Castle package (which includes some printed photos), the price varies depending on the photos you decide to purchase. They take 15 or so, so if you have photo pass it's great because you get all of them to do what you want. I did get a look at the prices and one package was more than I had paid for my photo pass CD.
__________________
Me DD 11 DS, 4

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #3117
madelyn
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,105

I get confused w/ the names but I booked my daughter the package with nails which was the middle package at the time I made the booking. I remember getting the bill during her early June appointment and thought that the price was about $10 more than what I was quoted at the time I made the appointment (maybe in March or April?). I asked about it and they said the price just went up the week before. But now the package included the backpack so we were getting a "better value". My daughter loved the backpack and it was too late to change the package since she already had her nails done. But I think they should have mentioned at the time we came in that the price was higher and confirm that I was OK w/ the price increase. But I guess they didn't check what time you made your appointment. I don't have the receipt in front of me to double-check the price but your price sounds about right. I believe with my daughter's package and my son's package (which was only around $15), after tip and tax I paid somewhere in the $90's I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
Is that before or after tax? I paid $64 and some change for the Crown package in June. That was $59.95 plus tax from looking at my receipt.

Also, are you sure they gave you the Coach package? Did they do hair, makeup and nails or just their hair and makeup? If they got their nails polished you got the Crown package, which is $59.95 plus tax.

If they didn't get their nails done, they might have charged you for the Crown package.
madelyn is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #3118
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
DD3 has a surprise appointment at the BBB on Sept 26 and I have a question. DM bought her the limited edition Cinderella dress yesterday (yeah...she is nuts!) and it seems like it might be bulky to sit in when getting her makeover. Do most of you take your DDs in their princess dress, or just take the dress and have them put it on after their hair/make-up is done?

Thanks!
When we got there they asked if dd had a dress to put on. We did so they sent us to a dressing room for her to change before getting into the chair for the makeover. I haven't read of anyone putting the clothes on after, mainly because they don't let the child see what they look like until they are finished. They put the sash on, wave the wand and talk to them (motion for the photo pass photographer) then turn them around to a full length mirror for what most on here call "the big reveal". So if you have a dress, you'll get the full effect when they turn her around. She will probably be okay. Here are a couple of pictures from the moment they turned my daughter around. In one you can see the size of the chair.

__________________
Me DD 11 DS, 4

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #3119
jimandami
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Union, KY (Cincinnati)
Posts: 3,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
You don't make an appointment for the photo shoot. We just walked over after the makeover as I'd left time for it in between the make over and dinner at CRT.

For me I didn't pay anything. I just had him scan my photo pass card to add the photos. If you want to buy printed photos and didn't get the Castle package (which includes some printed photos), the price varies depending on the photos you decide to purchase. They take 15 or so, so if you have photo pass it's great because you get all of them to do what you want. I did get a look at the prices and one package was more than I had paid for my photo pass CD.
Thank you!
jimandami is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #3120
jimandami
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Union, KY (Cincinnati)
Posts: 3,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
When we got there they asked if dd had a dress to put on. We did so they sent us to a dressing room for her to change before getting into the chair for the makeover. I haven't read of anyone putting the clothes on after, mainly because they don't let the child see what they look like until they are finished. They put the sash on, wave the wand and talk to them (motion for the photo pass photographer) then turn them around to a full length mirror for what most on here call "the big reveal". So if you have a dress, you'll get the full effect when they turn her around. She will probably be okay. Here are a couple of pictures from the moment they turned my daughter around. In one you can see the size of the chair.

Thank you! And those are great pics!
jimandami is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: