Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #3076
mom-of-twins-2002
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama
Our princess dresses came today (we have three more on order!). I was searching for beautiful, yet affordable dresses since we were ordering a total of FIVE for this trip!!

Aurora for Akserhus breakfast
Cinderella for 1900 Park Fare dinner
Alice of 1900 Park Fare breakfast
Snow White for BBB and Cinderella Royal Table
Belle for Be Our Guest

I found these from an Ebay seller and I'll admit I was worried because this is a Hong Kong seller, the prices were cheap, and I was worried they'd be horrible - but ordered anyway! I am *SO* glad I did! They looked a little 'cheap' from the pictures but they are the exact opposite! They are high-quality materials, sewing is great, and they are stunning in real life! A tad wrinkled from being straight out of the shipping bag. I feel they run true to size - this is the "small" which is a 3-4 and Ava is 3.5yrs old, 37lbs, and 39.25".

These were the "deluxe" version dresses and were a mere $18.99 each with FREE shipping! If anyone needs to order dresses, I HIGHLY recommend these!

Really bad iPhone pics, trying to get pics with my camera but my computer isn't reading my memory card!

Seller: http://stores.ebay.com/princess-dres...=p4634.c0.m322






Thanks for sharing! I was thinking of getting some princess dresses before our sept. trip. How long did it take to receive them?
mom-of-twins-2002 is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #3077
DMLAINI
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 139

Has anyone seen the Rapunzel wedding dress @ BBB? Also, what are the shoes like? I want to make sure DD can walk a little in them.
DMLAINI is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #3078
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,594

BBB - Best bang for your buck?

We recently did BBB and got the new Courtyard Package. We were very happy with the result, it took about an hour and lasted 48 hours.

With that in mind, which of the other hairstyles offered in the Crown Package lasts a while? I'm thinking the Pop Princess is the way to go, the hair twists and braids look like they will last into the next day. Also, which hairstyle takes the longest of the original three? And lastly, I'm not a fan of hair teasing, so I'd appreciate some insight on that as well--my DD7's hair is very fine and knots easily on a good day. Thank you!
QVCshopper is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #3079
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLAINI View Post
Has anyone seen the Rapunzel wedding dress @ BBB? Also, what are the shoes like? I want to make sure DD can walk a little in them.
no that dress is not sold there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVCshopper View Post
BBB - Best bang for your buck?

We recently did BBB and got the new Courtyard Package. We were very happy with the result, it took about an hour and lasted 48 hours.

With that in mind, which of the other hairstyles offered in the Crown Package lasts a while? I'm thinking the Pop Princess is the way to go, the hair twists and braids look like they will last into the next day. Also, which hairstyle takes the longest of the original three? And lastly, I'm not a fan of hair teasing, so I'd appreciate some insight on that as well--my DD7's hair is very fine and knots easily on a good day. Thank you!
They do not tease your DD's hair, They twist or braid, but they can't actually tease. The hair pieces are what are teased and not even in the traditional sense with a comb.
jenseib is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #3080
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran
 
DsnyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,028

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-of-twins-2002 View Post
Thanks for sharing! I was thinking of getting some princess dresses before our sept. trip. How long did it take to receive them?
11 days
__________________
Amber Richard Ava {5} Levi {3} Aspen {7m}
Past Trips * January 2008 AKL * March 2009 CSR * November 2011 POP *
*November 2012 AKV/CSR/Poly * February 2014 POP/AKL *

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #3081
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

has anyone here done the one with the tutu and t-shirt and if so, do you mind posting pics?? I'm struggling between that one and the castle package as we're going to do the CRT right after.
__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
ErinsMommy is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #3082
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran
 
ErinsMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
We did the Courtyard package at BBB Sunday evening and TS Debby finally let me upload some pics -- the internet kept going down halfway through uploading!!! This is my first attempt at posting pics on DIS, and I'm HOPING they were sized down...

Here are some pics of the before/after:

Shirt/skirt


Starting the hairstyle


Finished!


Top View



Overall, we were pleased with the Courtyard package. The shirt isn't anything to write home about, but DD loved the skirt and hairstyle. It has held up AMAZINGLY well during this insane rain we have been getting. One of the FGiT recommended wrapping her hair in toilet paper to sleep on and not only did it seem to keep it in place, but a majority of the glitter made it overnight, too!

I wasn't able to get any pics of the current costumes -- it was a MADHOUSE as girls were putting on costumes and FGiT were running around with them all. From what I could tell, none of the costumes looked different than what I saw last year -- I was able to see Jasmine, Rapunzel, Cinderella, and Belle while we were there. There is a 'Merida' package at BBB but it looked just like a dress, accessories and a red wig... basically the same stuff available on the DisneyStore website.

As I said before, Courtyard seemed to take longer than the other styles - we had a few princesses come and go while DD was in the chair. BUT, it was still under an hour. Also, we were the only Courtyard I saw for the 15 minutes before and the entire time during DD's appointment -- I was stalking to see if I could get some varied pics for people!

Hope this helps! Feel free to send me an IM if you want more pics or have questions!
thank you for posting these!!
__________________
6/95 @ All Stars; DD's 1st trip 5/11 @ POFQ; DH's Birthday Celebration 2/13 @ Contemporary TPV; My Birthday Celebration 9/14 @ Contemporary TPV
Me: Debi DH: John DD: Erin/7
ErinsMommy is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #3083
Gorechick
DIS Veteran
 
Gorechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,234

Bump
__________________
Hotel Royal Plaza July 1987
Contemporary Resort July 1989
Dixie Landings August 1996
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #3084
smileymomof3
Mouseketeer
 
smileymomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY
Posts: 432

Thanks!
smileymomof3 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #3085
jenhelgren
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 813

What accessories come with the Disney Diva style? My DD wants a tiara but does not like the bun style. Can I purchase a tiara at BBB and have them add it to the Diva style?
jenhelgren is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #3086
Gorechick
DIS Veteran
 
Gorechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,234

Bump
__________________
Hotel Royal Plaza July 1987
Contemporary Resort July 1989
Dixie Landings August 1996
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline  
Old 08-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #3087
KMcCP
Mouseketeer
 
KMcCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Outside Boston
Posts: 483

This thread is huge so I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been answered. While I know that the BBB at MK can't be booked online- when you book it by phone do you still get an email confirmation? I'm using a Disney travel agency and while I have a confirmation number, I don't have any official "paper" proof. I'm a planner and a self admitted control freak. Now even more so since we have an appointment in the afternoon on December 6, same day as the grand opening. I know I'd feel better having something like that with me.
__________________
KMcCP is offline  
Old 08-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #3088
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran
 
gtpoohbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhelgren View Post
What accessories come with the Disney Diva style? My DD wants a tiara but does not like the bun style. Can I purchase a tiara at BBB and have them add it to the Diva style?
My DD got one of the hairstyles (can't remember the name) that didn't come with a tiara, but we asked for one (~$10 I think) and the FGIT added to her "do". It came out really cute even though that style wasn't supposed to have a tiara.

While I'm on here - quick question - can you make the ressies for BBB at your 180+10 day, or do you have to wait until exactly 180 days? We've still got a couple of months anyway, but need to start thinking about my "strategy", lol!
__________________
Me (Jaime) * DH (Brian) *DD (Lily-11) * DS (Owen-4)

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is offline  
Old 08-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #3089
Funfire240
DIS Veteran
 
Funfire240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 909

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
This thread is huge so I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been answered. While I know that the BBB at MK can't be booked online- when you book it by phone do you still get an email confirmation? I'm using a Disney travel agency and while I have a confirmation number, I don't have any official "paper" proof. I'm a planner and a self admitted control freak. Now even more so since we have an appointment in the afternoon on December 6, same day as the grand opening. I know I'd feel better having something like that with me.
No you don't get an email reminder. If you're unsure call the BBB to confirm your number, date and time. I just called not too long ago to confirm mine for September and to make sure I even had the confirmation number correct just in case it was needed.
__________________
Funfire240 is offline  
Old 08-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #3090
Funfire240
DIS Veteran
 
Funfire240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 909

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
My DD got one of the hairstyles (can't remember the name) that didn't come with a tiara, but we asked for one (~$10 I think) and the FGIT added to her "do". It came out really cute even though that style wasn't supposed to have a tiara.

While I'm on here - quick question - can you make the ressies for BBB at your 180+10 day, or do you have to wait until exactly 180 days? We've still got a couple of months anyway, but need to start thinking about my "strategy", lol!
You can do the 180+10.
I'm getting ancy - 48 days until my DD is back at the BBB!
__________________
Funfire240 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: