Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #3046
madelyn
DIS Veteran

I pre-purchased the regular photo CD, not the plus. I haven't actually ordered and received the CD yet (need to do that by tomorrow) but I am finishing up editing and all the images taken of the BBB experience during the makeover and the studio photo session afterwards are in my photopass account. I assume all those images will be on the CD when I get it. My understanding is that if you purchased the BBB photo package, you get the printed images and they would be in some kind of special folder. I purchased our Chef Mickey's photo package and got the printed images in the folder and got the photopass number of the receipt that I was able to enter and after I entered it I saw the Chef Mickey's images in my photopass account. But if I had purchased the photopass plus, those images would have been in my account whether I purchased the printed copies or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
Am I understanding the photo thing correctly?? When we are there getting the makeover done any of those pics they take would be put on the normal photo cd if I ordered it? Now if we did the photo session(no extra price right?)those pics would not be included? But if we did the photo + Package would those images be on the cd? I am trying to figure out if the photo+ would be a good value for us. DD doing BBB and DS is doing PL. they aren't going to be going on most of the scarier rides where the ride photo would be included so trying to see if it makes sense to upgrade. Thanks!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #3047
Rapunzel Mommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I like the photos I take out in the park the best as well. It depends a lot on how busy the park is though. The normal spots out in front of the castle are usually just too congested for my taste though. If you find that to be the case, try the little spot over on the path to tomorrowland across from the rose garden. You won't have other people crowding you. Photopass is there but you can take your own as well.

Glad you have a schedule set up that you like. That's always worked well for us.

After we finished at the BBB we had approximately 30 minutes before our ADR at the castle. I took my daughter to Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel and took pictures of her riding the carrousel. The pictures turned out really cute.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #3048
Rapunzel Mommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeth View Post
So very excited, just made our BBB reservation for our trip in January.

Question about the photo package - does it include a particularly special background or props or anything? I'm a photographer with professional-grade camera and lenses, so is there any advantage to paying for a photo package rather than just taking pictures of her myself?

At Castle Couture I took pictures with my Nikon D5100 and also utilized Photopass. When comparing my pictures with theirs, they looked identical.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #3049
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel Mommy View Post
After we finished at the BBB we had approximately 30 minutes before our ADR at the castle. I took my daughter to Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel and took pictures of her riding the carrousel. The pictures turned out really cute.
I love carousel pictures! I bet they were adorable.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #3050
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I love carousel pictures! I bet they were adorable.
I bet they are too. I so wanted to do that after my dd's appointment. I had a plan. I booked her appointment and our dinner at CRT 2.5 hours apart. I wanted to do her photo session and get a Carousel picture because I had seen some that looked so cute. Tropical Storm Debbie had other plans. It was raining so hard we stayed in Castle Couture looking around as long as we could. The only things either she or I wanted to do were Philharmagic and Small World.

I do adore her Castle Couture pictures. Hopefully I can get that carousel picture the next time.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
Old 07-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #3051
lilmissdisney216
Pawsitively Lovin a Labrador!

very adorable pictures!! Makes me miss my time as a FGiT at WDW.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #3052
Manders77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrefan View Post
Is it typical for spots to open up right before? I tried making reservations on 8/06 for my daughters birthday and the earliest they have is 5:20 PM. I took it, but was wondering what my chances would be to get an earlier appointment if I call the day before and check for cancellations??
Yes keep trying. WE will be at WDW that week as well and my mom decided on Wednesday she wanted the girls my DD4 and my niece 7 to do BBB before our Akershus dinner on 8/7. I called and only got 9:40 am for 2 girls and for us that was too early for the dinner. I called the following day and they had a 2pm reservation available for the 2 girls. I changed it. Just keep trying daily.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #3053
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Our princess dresses came today (we have three more on order!). I was searching for beautiful, yet affordable dresses since we were ordering a total of FIVE for this trip!!

Aurora for Akserhus breakfast
Cinderella for 1900 Park Fare dinner
Alice of 1900 Park Fare breakfast
Snow White for BBB and Cinderella Royal Table
Belle for Be Our Guest

I found these from an Ebay seller and I'll admit I was worried because this is a Hong Kong seller, the prices were cheap, and I was worried they'd be horrible - but ordered anyway! I am *SO* glad I did! They looked a little 'cheap' from the pictures but they are the exact opposite! They are high-quality materials, sewing is great, and they are stunning in real life! A tad wrinkled from being straight out of the shipping bag. I feel they run true to size - this is the "small" which is a 3-4 and Ava is 3.5yrs old, 37lbs, and 39.25".

These were the "deluxe" version dresses and were a mere $18.99 each with FREE shipping! If anyone needs to order dresses, I HIGHLY recommend these!

Really bad iPhone pics, trying to get pics with my camera but my computer isn't reading my memory card!

Seller: http://stores.ebay.com/princess-dres...=p4634.c0.m322

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE

Last edited by DsnyMama; 07-14-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #3054
Missytara
I'm all ears!

We traveled with a 5 year old last year. I treated her to the BBB and the other friend purchased a cinderella dress from e-bay and purchased a oair of slippers at Target - they were sparkly blue, pink, green.

I tell you what; that gown and those shoes were better quality than the ones people were purchasing at the Disney store! We got tons of compliments. Someone even stopped us on the way out and asked us which store we found it at; we were saddened to tell them we got it weeks before on e-bay....

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #3055
CableKC
Mouseketeer

I assume that we are able to have our Disney Princess show up at BBB dressed up in her favorite Princess Costume. Is there anything else that we should bring?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #3056
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
I assume that we are able to have our Disney Princess show up at BBB dressed up in her favorite Princess Costume. Is there anything else that we should bring?
Yes, they can come dressed. We had our own dress but because it was raining I didnít put it on her until after we got there. They let us use a dressing room. It was really cute with a full length mirror, a small bench and a curtain for privacy. It was just big enough for me to go in with her along with my 2 year-old. I have read where the place was really busy and they were only letting girls who got the dresses there use them, but that didnít happen to us. I was prepared if it did. Here she is in the changing room after getting dressed and putting on the accessories I brought. She is in front of the mirror and you can see a little of the bench behind her and the curtain to the side.

They ask you to bring your own comb and brush, but our Fairy Godmother in Training only used the brush we brought. She opened a brand new comb and used that and put it in my daughterís bag to take home.

It isnít required, but I had accessories for my daughter: a necklace and bracelet set, some sticker earrings and a princess wand all purchased on ebay. Kept me from having to buy stuff there or at Castle Couture.

Other than that, just make sure there's no old polish on her nails. If she dresses in your hotel room, pack some clothes to change into later just in case. Have fun.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
Old 07-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #3057
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

My DD is 9 and insisting to do this when we are at MK in September. We were able to get her an appt before MNSSHP, which works perfectly. Is she too old? And is it specifically princess stuff or could we work her makeup into another costume idea? We were thinking something with a diva spin to it.

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #3058
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
My DD is 9 and insisting to do this when we are at MK in September. We were able to get her an appt before MNSSHP, which works perfectly. Is she too old? And is it specifically princess stuff or could we work her makeup into another costume idea? We were thinking something with a diva spin to it.
She isn't too old. I don't think they deviate with how they do the makeup, but they do have several hairstyles to choose from there. My daughter is 9 and loves the princesses, but really didn't want to dress like any particular one, so what we did was get her a formal dress she liked off ebay in her favorite color and used some Disney Princess accessories I found on ebay. She got lots of compliments on having her own style. She really enjoyed getting made over and getting the photo session afterwards.

Here she is when the the Fairy Godmother in Training turned her to the mirror at the end.

Here are a few from her session in Castle Couture.

She wants to do it again even though she'll be 10 when we go back. She said she felt great getting made over and photographed like a model. She did a formal look this time because we were having dinner at CRT after. She said next time she wants to do a sparkly shirt with a fun skirt.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #3059
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
Yes, they can come dressed. We had our own dress but because it was raining I didnít put it on her until after we got there. They let us use a dressing room. It was really cute with a full length mirror, a small bench and a curtain for privacy. It was just big enough for me to go in with her along with my 2 year-old. I have read where the place was really busy and they were only letting girls who got the dresses there use them, but that didnít happen to us. I was prepared if it did. Here she is in the changing room after getting dressed and putting on the accessories I brought. She is in front of the mirror and you can see a little of the bench behind her and the curtain to the side.

They ask you to bring your own comb and brush, but our Fairy Godmother in Training only used the brush we brought. She opened a brand new comb and used that and put it in my daughterís bag to take home.

It isnít required, but I had accessories for my daughter: a necklace and bracelet set, some sticker earrings and a princess wand all purchased on ebay. Kept me from having to buy stuff there or at Castle Couture.

Other than that, just make sure there's no old polish on her nails. If she dresses in your hotel room, pack some clothes to change into later just in case. Have fun.
Thanks...I will remember that.....bring comb and brush. We don't really have any accessories.....but once DD4 sees all of the Princess accessories that she can get there...I am sure that she will ask to get them.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #3060
mom2ohc
Earning My Ears

so, the dress does not come with the 59 dollar package? do I understand that correctly?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: