Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #2146
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I just read your whole wedding TR a couple weeks ago. Last night I had to run in to the verizon store to pick up some stuff for DH and the man at the register was wearing a wedding band with the Superman logo etched on it all around the band. I couldn't help but think of you! Loved reading your story, by the way!

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
mom3sonstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #2147
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
I just read your whole wedding TR a couple weeks ago. Last night I had to run in to the verizon store to pick up some stuff for DH and the man at the register was wearing a wedding band with the Superman logo etched on it all around the band. I couldn't help but think of you! Loved reading your story, by the way!
Thanks!

I acutally have a Superman ring that looks like a wedding band that I used to wear all the time. Scott and I decided that we wanted to match, so I didn't consider getting a Superman ring in precious metal. But the thought did briefly cross my mind.
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #2148
Groom Mickey
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to let you know that your TR has been helpful. My partner and I are having our ceremony May 2011. Your post helped us to decide on Randy as our photographer and provide other inspiration. From reading your report is sounds like your wedding was a blast. Thank you.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #2149
rpmdfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groom Mickey View Post
Just wanted to let you know that your TR has been helpful. My partner and I are having our ceremony May 2011. Your post helped us to decide on Randy as our photographer and provide other inspiration. From reading your report is sounds like your wedding was a blast. Thank you.
Hey there! Welcome to the DIS and the GLBT forum!

I'm very glad that my TR was helpful to you!

Randy will be awesome for you! He's amazing!

We did have a blast, I'm glad you enjoyed reading about it.

PLEASE come back here to the GLBT forum and let us know about your ceremony! Heck, start a planning journal of your own if you want to, but definitely come and tell us about it afterward and post pictures! We love that kind of thing, and can't wait to "ooh" and "aah" over your wedding!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #2150
rpmdfw

Wow. It's hard to believe it's been two years since Our Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding.

Two years!?!?!?

It doesn't seem like that long at all!

And on the other hand, it seems like forever ago.

Still . . . . wouldn't change a thing about it.

Anyway, happy memories.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #2151
rpmdfw

Okay, time for an update!

Remember way back when, I posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
After we'd begun eating, my Uncle Barry arrived with his lady friend, Maureen, and my cousin Kelly. This ended up being a very good weekend for Barry and Kelly. My uncle had been having difficulties with his daughter for the past few years since she's come out of the closet as a lesbian. Being around us, and seeing Uncle Kevin and his partner talking about being together 27 years really helped Barry to reconnect with Kelly a little bit. Especially since she started telling us about her girlfriend Katie and how happy she is to have met her (they've been dating for 6 months). Barry hasn't met her yet, but is now going to do so.
Well, I just got a facebook message. Katie proposed to my cousin Kelly in Hawaii over the weekend. The whole family is VERY happy!

So, it looks like we'll be doing another family wedding in 2012. This one will be two brides instead of two grooms!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #2152
rpmdfw

Quote:
]
Quote:
I like this one better:

Indulge me for a moment, please.

Reliving some happy moments with my mom on one of the happiest days of my life, as I mourn her loss today.

I've always said that I'm the luckiest guy alive for having the best parents in the world. I'm less lucky today.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #2153
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!
Crocs are Crack for Feet!
On ‘the list’ so treading carefully

So sorry Rob
wallyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #2154
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I'm sorry Rob.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #2155
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

Oh Rob....

Simply beautiful!

Do us all a favor, have a few Bourbons, and tell some great stories about your mom with your friends and family! She looks like she was quite a gal!

OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #2156
rpmdfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMike View Post
Oh Rob....

Simply beautiful!

Do us all a favor, have a few Bourbons, and tell some great stories about your mom with your friends and family! She looks like she was quite a gal!

She was quite a lady, to be sure. And at only 65, we weren't expecting this at all.

That is pretty much what I did last night, Mike. Several friends came to the house because they didn't think Scott and I should be alone. So we drank and talked. It was just what I needed. I hauled out the wedding pictures and shared happy memories.

I won't be flying home to Texas until Saturday, as my parents were vacationing at my Uncle Kevin's condo in Mexico when she passed away (very suddenly, and we still don't know how.) So on top of the stress he would have normally had, My dad is having to deal with the international red tape of bringing my mom home. Thankfully my Uncle Kevin flew down there to help him.

That means the added stress of worrying about my dad and not being able to help take care of him.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #2157
Gypsybear
It's all about the Villains

Rob, I'm so sorry for your loss...
Gypsybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #2158
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Rob,

Our hearts go out to you right now. There are no words, so please accept my hug all the way from NC.

Love

Chris
Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #2159
itsmuggsie
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Rob, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #2160
rpmdfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob's Mom View Post
Yes, The Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding was just what it was supposed to be, and it was indeed Magical. It was also a lot of fun!!
From the minute we arrived on September 24 to the time we left on on October 6, there was just one happy moment after another. The reason for this was love: Rob and Scott's obvious love for one another, and we, as a family, who love them.
I have so many wonderful memories of that weekend, especially after going through all the photos to choose the ones I want in our album. How could I choose only a few? Finally, I chose the ones of Rob and Scott that showed, on their faces, their love. Also, I chose the ones that showed all of the family having such a good time.
I have spoken to every one of the family members since then, and they all express their gratitude to Rob and Scott for sharing their happiness by throwing this shindig. It was a unifying event for a family that was already close.
Personally, I keep seeing those two beaming, smiling faces. It gives me the most pleasure to know that their smiles and obvious love for one another was not a show for that one day, but that it is their normal state of happiness. As parents, we pray for the day when each of our children finds that one person with whom they want to spend the rest of their lives. For Rob, it is Scott. From the first day they met. And as for me, I knew that Scott loved him too, because I saw it on his face in the first picture I ever saw of him. You see, Rob was taking the picture, and Scott was looking at him. The BFGDW was the celebration of that Fairy Tale come true.
I am so proud of my two sons, Rob and Scott, because they have the courage to celebrate their love and unintentionally serve as an example to both gay and straight couples of what love looks like. Obviously, I love them both very much, and I look forward to many more happy moments with them.
Thank you, Rob, for this wonderful journal of the planning and of the event itself. If you print it, I surely do want a copy. Thank you both for letting me share in that planning and celebration. I love you both.
Mike, this tells a better story than I ever could. This is the Mom, I had. This is how I remember her. This is who I will carry with me in my heart.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: