Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
skiingwife
DIS Veteran

St. Maarten zip line excursion?

I searched the Internet for excursions in St. Maarten and found the Loterie Farm Treetop and Zip Line Adventure. Has anyone done this? How was it? The price ($84) seems pretty good.

Also, there is a St. Thomas jetski safari. Has anyone done this?

Thanks
skiingwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Bumping this thread - as I'd like to know too- we're going in June 2009 - and would like to do the zip lines- Disney offers an excursion to the tree farm but I don't believe it includes the zip lines.
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Talking

i am really interested in this as well. I even called Disney to see if they had a zipline excursion and they said no. If anyone has any info on this i would love to know.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #4
Morgan4
1st Time Cruiser

We are doing the zip line in November. Disney does not do the zip line so we booked directly through St. Martin tours.

on their website, there are some reviews.

I am looking forward to it and they just added a much longer line! I heard that it can be challanging on the rope bridges, and lots of climbing. But this way I am working off those extra deserts and DODs!!

DH DW DD (12) DD (8)
2008 - Disney Magic Eastern, (turned into Western)
2006 - WDW, Caribbean Beach
2004 - WDW, All Star Movies
2002 - Animal Kingdom, no kids
DH - WDW, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1983
Morgan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
TrolleyGirl
Mouseketeer

We booked the same excursion Aug 07 for our Feb 08 cruise. We paid our 20% deposit at the time of booking. One week before our cruise Lortie tree Farm cancelled our transportation to the excursion, but if we wanted to come we could hire our own taxi at our expense. The original agreement included transportation. They were willing to give us a $5 credit each for the transportation issue, however a taxi would cost over $20 per person. We cancelled and they refunded our money.

I'm only telling you this so you can have a backup plan B in your pocket. I don't know if this is a "normal" occurence with the Tree Farm.
TrolleyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
DutchsMommy
I did the Pirate Name thing
'The Angry Cuban' made me snort

Personal Opinion Alert:

We took a taxi to and from Lotterie Farm and it was really expensive - I think approx $60 each way. I had not counted on that. We did the hike up and didn't think much of it, OK scenery but nothing great, and ALOT of wasps. Trek was fairly strenuous, we are mid-30s and in good shape and it was tiring (mind you DH was carrying DS 5yo the last 1/2 so that might have accounts for all his puffing!). We did not do the zip lines but saw people who did. They are about 30 feet off the ground and basically over a grassy 'lawn' by the front of the place - not really Costa Rican rain forest by any stretch. Anyway, after that trip we made a decision to do Disney excursions for our next trip, just not worth the hassle and $$ IMHO.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchsMommy View Post
Personal Opinion Alert:

We took a taxi to and from Lotterie Farm and it was really expensive - I think approx $60 each way. I had not counted on that. We did the hike up and didn't think much of it, OK scenery but nothing great, and ALOT of wasps. Trek was fairly strenuous, we are mid-30s and in good shape and it was tiring (mind you DH was carrying DS 5yo the last 1/2 so that might have accounts for all his puffing!). We did not do the zip lines but saw people who did. They are about 30 feet off the ground and basically over a grassy 'lawn' by the front of the place - not really Costa Rican rain forest by any stretch. Anyway, after that trip we made a decision to do Disney excursions for our next trip, just not worth the hassle and $$ IMHO.
good to know thanks for the update..
Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
Morgan4
1st Time Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchsMommy View Post
Personal Opinion Alert:

On the St. Maarten website the quoted taxi rates are $22 to Pic Paradise for 2 people and then should be addt'l $4 for extra passanger? So we are looking at $30 there and $30 back, (but think we are going to Marigot from there so should be cheaper).

How many were in your party?

I wonder if those rates are correct? I sure don't want it to be $60! That is too many DODs that I will not be able to have!!

DH DW DD (12) DD (8)
2008 - Disney Magic Eastern, (turned into Western)
2006 - WDW, Caribbean Beach
2004 - WDW, All Star Movies
2002 - Animal Kingdom, no kids
DH - WDW, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1983
Morgan4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: