Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Well, tomorrow is the big day...Bawb Memorial Podcast

What are your thoughts on this eve of the podcast release? I'm excited, yet sad and nervous all in one. I know deep down that it'll be a beautiful tribute and memorial, but anticipate many tears.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

I don't know what I think. I listen to old podcasts so often that in my mind, Bob is still around. I think the memorial show is going to be really hard. Even though I know it will be beautiful, I'm kinda dreading it. Well, maybe dread is the wrong word, something like that though. I was sort of hoping they'd put it up tonight. I'd rather listen to it in the evening so I have time to take it all in, rather than before I have to go to work.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream

Last edited by WaltD4Me; 05-19-2008 at 07:34 PM.
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

It still seams kinda surreal to me. Eventually it will hit though. I go through this every time I suffer a loss. It takes my mind a bit of time to wrap around things.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
simonkodousek
438 Miles From My Happy Place

I'm excited, but nervous and sad at the same time. Much like IWISHFORDISNEY, it will take awhile for my mind to wrap around the fact that we have actually lost Bawb...

simonkodousek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

Bawb will be there in the Studio.

I believe that Bawb will be right there with them.
mjperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

I'm guessing that I'll have to listen to the Memorial Podcast at home because I don't want to risk the water works turning on at work.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

I'm also slightly afraid to listen. I usually listen while I'm working out but I think the other gym goers will find me even more odd than usual if I'm welling up while sweating on the elliptical. On second thought ... maybe they won't discern the tears from the beads of sweat
Old 05-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #8
amyhughes

Is a Lavender Blue Dilly Dilly...
Knows a plethora of dilly dilly data

I just listened to them both. I cried some, but more than that I laughed. I laughed so hard my face hurt and tears streamed down my face.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
WaltD4Me
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhughes View Post
I just listened to them both. I cried some, but more than that I laughed. I laughed so hard my face hurt and tears streamed down my face.
Me too. More laughter than tears.....so fitting.

The tribute show is excellent...so heartfelt, but so funny and absolutely touching. I was nervous to listen, but shouldn't have been. It was a celebration of Bawb and just perfect.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
Old 05-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #10
scarlett873
Surrounded by true friends
... and they are the wind beneath my wings.

I've listened (sort of) to most of the podcast so far. I plan to finish up on the drive home though. I was listening here at work and decided to stop because I was tired of people looking at me like I had lost my marbles because I am obviously alone up here, but i'm laughing hysterically.

All I can say is Classic Bawb...I should bill the Podcast team for a new monitor. Mine has diet coke all over it...

ETA: I didn't realize there were two podcasts today!!! The only I have been listening to is the Best of Bob show. I'll listen to the other one at home tonight

In loving memory of the most amazing man to grace my life...

Last edited by scarlett873; 05-20-2008 at 10:41 AM.
scarlett873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #11
WaltD4Me
I am actually a princess

I heard an undiscovered gem (for me) on the Best of Bob show. I don't know how, but I NEVER heard the immigration ceremony show. I thought I'd listened to all the old pod casts, but missed this one somehow. It was absolutely freaking hilarious. It was so cool to hear a Bob moment I'd never heard before. They did a great job picking out the segments. Especially the last one...it was always one of my favorites too.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #12
CMulcahy
Earning My Ears

Just put the Bawb Tribute on my Ipod
CMulcahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
I heard an undiscovered gem (for me) on the Best of Bob show. I don't know how, but I NEVER heard the immigration ceremony show. I thought I'd listened to all the old pod casts, but missed this one somehow. It was absolutely freaking hilarious. It was so cool to hear a Bob moment I'd never heard before. They did a great job picking out the segments. Especially the last one...it was always one of my favorites too.
Ah, but which version of the immigration show is it? The original, or the revised? Either way, that is definitely the biggest train wreck I remember in my year of listening to Bob's train wrecks.

About a month ago, I started sharing the podcasts with DH during our daily commutes, so I'll start listening this evening.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #14
scarlett873
Surrounded by true friends
... and they are the wind beneath my wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Kathy View Post
Ah, but which version of the immigration show is it? The original, or the revised? Either way, that is definitely the biggest train wreck I remember in my year of listening to Bob's train wrecks.

About a month ago, I started sharing the podcasts with DH during our daily commutes, so I'll start listening this evening.

Kathy
It's the un-edited version! That was about the funniest thing EVER!

In loving memory of the most amazing man to grace my life...
scarlett873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #15
jpjobes
Earning My Ears

Great shows everyone. Thanks.

For all of you that knew him personally and for all of us that knew him through the podcast and the boards, it's great to have had a friend like Bob.

Jeff
jpjobes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: