Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #121
CJsMom

Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Ack! I hope you can get everything switched around! That made me go look at our school calendar. They go back on Wed. the 28th. Isn't it ridiculous though? They have Friday off - why go to school for two days? Why not start after Labor Day like we always did as kids? Then I could take advantage of Free Dining for once!

Anyway, between you and dddisrunner everything I'd want to do has already been said. I have to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour someday! My treat at the Main St. Bakery would be the custom ice cream sandwich - chocolate cookies with mint chocolate chip ice cream. Then I'd have to get a Dole Whip as well, since I've never had one. I'd definitely want to see Spectro as well as the afternoon parade - haven't seen either one.

Oh, this trip sounds heavenly!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #122
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMom View Post
Ack! I hope you can get everything switched around! That made me go look at our school calendar. They go back on Wed. the 28th. Isn't it ridiculous though? They have Friday off - why go to school for two days? Why not start after Labor Day like we always did as kids? Then I could take advantage of Free Dining for once!

Anyway, between you and dddisrunner everything I'd want to do has already been said. I have to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour someday! My treat at the Main St. Bakery would be the custom ice cream sandwich - chocolate cookies with mint chocolate chip ice cream. Then I'd have to get a Dole Whip as well, since I've never had one. I'd definitely want to see Spectro as well as the afternoon parade - haven't seen either one.

Oh, this trip sounds heavenly!!!
You must mean Wed the 27th, same day as us! I thought we went back Th the 28th (of August) but no dice.

The waiting is killing me, waiting for my TA. Though I have come up with a new plan. If I bag the Towncar, I know, I know, I love the Towncar, but if I bag it I can perhaps fly down at night on the 21st, and that way have all day of the 22nd. So I'd get more time and one night room only with my PIN code is just $75. The Towncar is $100. I might have to just suck up Magical Express for that.

I have her running a few different scenarios for me. I checked the Disney.com site and the availability is there. I just want to be confirmed so I can start changing my flight and my ADRs!

Allyson
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #123
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I don't get why everyone dumps on M.E.?! it's free, whats not to love about that! LOL.

I hope you get it all worked out!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #124
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

OMG hope it all gets sorted and we had a really good ME experience in August
Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #125
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I guess it's out of the question to just leave the clothes you want the children to wear on the first day of school laid out for your husband?

I know, I know, I am a bad mommy to even suggest that you wouldn't be there for the first day of school.

But it's not kindergarten, the first day of middle school, or the first day of high school, is it? They will just be returning to the same school, right?

I know, I know...I'll stop now!

I hope that your TA gets it worked out quickly for you!
Old 06-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #126
CJsMom

Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
You must mean Wed the 27th, same day as us! I thought we went back Th the 28th (of August) but no dice.

The waiting is killing me, waiting for my TA. Though I have come up with a new plan. If I bag the Towncar, I know, I know, I love the Towncar, but if I bag it I can perhaps fly down at night on the 21st, and that way have all day of the 22nd. So I'd get more time and one night room only with my PIN code is just $75. The Towncar is $100. I might have to just suck up Magical Express for that.

I have her running a few different scenarios for me. I checked the Disney.com site and the availability is there. I just want to be confirmed so I can start changing my flight and my ADRs!

Allyson
Oh jeez, just ignore my whole rant. I was looking at last year's calendar. We actually start on Tuesday the 26th. So they will have three days of school that week, which makes much more sense. Where's the "duh" smiley when I need it?

I would definitely bag the towncar to get an extra night. We've had good experiences with ME. I think the biggest complaint about arriving at night is getting middle-of-the-night luggage delivery or having to wait until the next morning. Since you'll be flying by yourself you can pack lots of stuff in your carry-on - so waiting for the luggage to arrive won't be such a big deal.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #127
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Nothing like a little drama to get your blood pumping!
Old 06-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #128
ampc3
DIS Veteran

wow I've missed so many updates!! looks great tho.. But sorry to hear of the drama unfolding of the start of school... That is a tough one...

How do the kids feel about it if you missed the first day? I know, I would feel guilty too tho that is a real tough one for sure!

keep us posted of course!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #129
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

Yikes. I don't even have any advice - I just hope you get it all worked out to your satisfaction. I'm sure you will - you always do.

Solo day in Magic Kingdom.....tough one, as that is one of the places I am least likely to suffer from "no one else wants to" syndrome. How about this:

I'd love to go to Tom Sawyer Island and not have to worry about losing anyone or anyone having a meltdown- I swear, there is a family curse.

See Hall of Presidents (I haven't in years). Do you like the Christmas shop? I think that's one place I never get to look long enough and the stuff in there is SO cute. Definitely, I'd want to at least consider seeing the afternoon parade - we are always long gone by that time of day cause of the break-thing. See the Jack Sparrow show. Ride Jungle Cruise after dark (again, if you like that sort of thing). Climb the Swiss Family Tree House after dark as well - the view up there is incredible in the evening. Look in some of those Adventureland shops - we always seem to be rushing past!

Without kids and family to worry about, I might even brave standing in front of the castle to watch Wishes. Just, you know, to see what it's like to be in that sea of humanity.
OK, that's probably taking it too far.....

My kids are so far unwilling to ride Splash Mountain - I know it's one of your favorites, so obviously you are going to do that. It's one I'd definitely do if I were solo. I bet you will enjoy it without your peeps, too!

Are you going to make it to Downtown Disney at all this trip? That's something I always think I'd do more of if I were on my own.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #130
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Im in for your PTR!!

I have to bow down at your feet

I have thought of doing a solo trip several times and keep chickening out..

Id love to hear all about your planning and the actual trip!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #131
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
DId you make your ADRs yet? Did you? Did you huh? Get on the horn girl!
Incidentally, yes, I called the very same day and got a table for 4 at the Safari Breakfast. 8:15 was the earliest available. We'll work with it. I'm glad to have gotten it, so thanks for the inadvertent reminder.

Now your food TR recommendation has me thinking I need to get a reservation for the Plaza - we ate there on our first trip and it's really cute. Have you ever had ice cream there?

Last edited by corinnak; 06-03-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #132
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Woooooo-Weeeeeee!

I love my travel agent, she fixed it all up for me. Some changes, I did lose Free Dining. I know, I know, at first sound it stinks, however, I am just one person. I don't eat all that much and so I'm not terribly bummed out about it. Apparently you need to stay 3 nights minimum to get FD and it starts 8/24. Well checking out 8/26, even fuzzy Disney math doesn't make that one work. So no free food. But I'm okay with that.

So at first I was just shifting my dates my a day, to arriving Friday, leaving Tuesday. Then I thought, well I should get an earlier flight Friday to have more of the day. But if I'm going to leave my house at 5am to make the airport, heck shouldn't I just leave the night before? Yes I thought you'd agree!

So I added a night. That way I have more time! Instead of 3 1/4 days in the parks I have 4 solid days in the parks. I am now flying Thursday night, getting to Orlando just before 10pm and then flying out Tuesday morning. So Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon are all full days! And I had one of the elusive PIN codes so it really made the room quite reasonable. It is now paid in full and I'm just working with her on my ticket (I think I decided on a 4 day hopper). I changed my ticket with Southwest and it ended up being just $20 more. That is one reason to like SW for sure! No crazy change fee!

So tomorrow morning I will call and move my ADRs around. I want to try and add Kona on that Friday night and Tusker House breakfast on Saturday morning. The rest can stay the same.

Whew! Thanks for taking that rollar coaster ride with me! I'll be back tomorrow to respond to your posts and add a little more on MK and move on to Epcot!

And I just couldn't miss the first day of school, I couldn't do it. They will be going into 1st, 3rd and 6th but I have to be there. We do a little picture in front of the house holding a sign each year, I try and make a nice breakfast, you know. And then Grumpy and I go out for coffee and whoop it up! No really, (well we do go whoop it up), I would feel terrible to miss their first day.
"Hey Bashful/Belle/Goofy did your Mom pack you a nice first day of school lunch?"
"No, our Mom left us and went to Disney World by herself!"

Not gonna fly! They'll need therapy someday for sure!

Allyson
Old 06-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #133
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

Well, I'm glad that you got it all worked out, and even though you lose FD, you get an extra day!

Hope the ADR's are easy to change. Can't wait to hear more of your plans.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #134
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good trade free dining for an extra day.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #135
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

And you won't have to deal with the hassle of checking in twice and buying a single-day admission to Epcot, right? That right there is worth something in my book.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: