Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #751
Muffinygood
Proud DVC owner at SSR

Another great update, Allyson! I love your pictures.

Devine is one of my favorite things about AK. I have a million pictures of her but your second one was my favorite of all time!

So beautiful!

MEL
Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #752
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the CS at Yak and Yeti. We actually have ADRs for the TS in October, but hopefully the food will be the same. How did you like the Mango pie? We're still trying to decide what DH should have for dessert since he can't have what he really wanted (the brownie sundae) because it has nuts in it.
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #753
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Great update! Yak & Yeti is so good! It was one of my favorite meals during our last trip!

So cool you get to do whatever you want!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 09-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #754
estewart0901
Is it December yet???

What a great update! Glad you liked Yak & Yeti we have ADRs for December i can't wait!!!

June 2012 My First DISNEY CRUISE!!!

WDW AKL Dec 2008 WDW Poly Apr 1996, WDW GF Mar 1994, WDW CR Jun 1990, WDW offsite Nov 1984
Old 09-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #755
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Just joining in. I am lookng forward to more of your wonderful tr.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #756
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great update and pics.

I saw devine for the first time in January and she was fantastic.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 AM   #757
askelton
Disney Cosmo

I've never seen Devine before! Someday.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:33 AM   #758
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Hi Allyson,
Loving the TR so far, just a shame about the weather, hopefully it clears up soon!
We have ADRs for Yak and Yeti, after hearing your review, I'm really looking forward to it!

Di x

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW
Old 10-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #759
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Allyson! I'm all caught up and I have to say your pictures are just wonderful! You did a great job of capturing the beauty and uniqueness of AK. I just love it there!

And by the way, you are my hero as well, I will NEVER get on Expedition Everest - it scares the crap out of me! You are so BRAVE!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #760
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Great update Allyson! I always feel relaxed when I read your updates because of how relaxed YOU were on your trip!! Glad you liked Yak & Yeti! How is your training going?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #761
CJsMom

Jambo Wildbunch Gang

You got to see Divine!! Off to put Yak and Yeti on my to-do list...
Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #762
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

Hi Allyson! SO glad you got a non-rain morning anyhow! It sounds like you had a great time at AK on your own. So does this mean you opted against checking out the surgeries at conservation station? Or did I miss something? Time will tell, I suppose. Cause time is a stupid tattletale!

I would love to try Yak & Yeti sometime except that they have no vegetarian food - except the desserts, I guess. I'm glad you got to try it anyhow! How was that pie? It sounds so unusual!

I sure wish people would lay off feeding the wildlife - bad for the animals, bad for us - obnoxious birds are the last thing I want on vacation. Well, maybe not the LAST thing.....

So what's this mysterious, never-heretofore-seen show?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #763
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredkid View Post
I would so love to see DeVine.......she is beautiful, indeed

Great update and pics
Thanks and yes look for her on your next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post

Enjoying!!! Anxiously waiting for more!!

Paula
Thanks, it is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
I am up to my animal kingdom day too! It is a fabulous place to notice the details when u are solo isn't it?!
It really truly is! There is so much detail put into this park, it is quite amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Is the outdoor seating area for the Yak and Yeti CS shaded at all? I always have a hard time figuring out where to eat CS-wise at Animal Kingdom. Your lunch looks yummy!

Your detail shots are just awesome! I think I have said it before, but I just love the theming of AK!
I think there were umbrellas on the tables, I'm about positive of it. I remember on your report how much you love the signs and things at AK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Great update. And yeah for no rain (so far). I've only been to AK once or twice and I don't think I saw any of the interesting things you've pictured. I'm looking forward to slowing down and taking it all in next trip!
Yes do really take it all in. So much detail and effort went into creating AK. It really is a neat place to explore slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite607 View Post
I loved Y and Y CS last time we went. We also had the honey chicken and it was so good! I wish I had know how much food they gave you, DH and I would have split one. We had tons left over!
It was huge, I didn't eat it all but I did eat a lot of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluveeyore View Post
Enjoying your updates - you're making me long for another solo!!! Just 32 more sleeps until my b-day trip with my D-Sis, so should be close to a solo as we're pretty similar in routines and what we like to do!
Your next trip will be here real soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
That lunch looks pretty good! It sounds like counter service might be the way to go at Yak and Yeti.
I would go again, it was delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinygood View Post
Another great update, Allyson! I love your pictures.

Devine is one of my favorite things about AK. I have a million pictures of her but your second one was my favorite of all time!

So beautiful!

MEL
Hey Mel! How are you? I've been having trouble keeping up with my DISing, miss seeing all these familiar faces! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the CS at Yak and Yeti. We actually have ADRs for the TS in October, but hopefully the food will be the same. How did you like the Mango pie? We're still trying to decide what DH should have for dessert since he can't have what he really wanted (the brownie sundae) because it has nuts in it.
Mango pie was a delight if you like mango! It had a sweet shortbread crust, I enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
Great update! Yak & Yeti is so good! It was one of my favorite meals during our last trip!

So cool you get to do whatever you want!
Yes it was a fun day of exploration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estewart0901 View Post
What a great update! Glad you liked Yak & Yeti we have ADRs for December i can't wait!!!
I'm sure the TS will be fab as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Just joining in. I am lookng forward to more of your wonderful tr.
Awwww, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great update and pics.

I saw devine for the first time in January and she was fantastic.
Isn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
I've never seen Devine before! Someday.
Put it on the neverending Disney To Do List!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Finkelstein View Post
Hi Allyson,
Loving the TR so far, just a shame about the weather, hopefully it clears up soon!
We have ADRs for Yak and Yeti, after hearing your review, I'm really looking forward to it!

Di x
Yes I would like to try the TS sometime too. The CS food was really so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
Allyson! I'm all caught up and I have to say your pictures are just wonderful! You did a great job of capturing the beauty and uniqueness of AK. I just love it there!

And by the way, you are my hero as well, I will NEVER get on Expedition Everest - it scares the crap out of me! You are so BRAVE!!!
LOL, oh try EE! It is exhilerating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Great update Allyson! I always feel relaxed when I read your updates because of how relaxed YOU were on your trip!! Glad you liked Yak & Yeti! How is your training going?
Training is going well! Thanks for asking! Yesterday's run was 3 miles but felt really good. Next week the mileage starts upping! Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMom View Post
You got to see Divine!! Off to put Yak and Yeti on my to-do list...
Yes add it to that list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post
Hi Allyson! SO glad you got a non-rain morning anyhow! It sounds like you had a great time at AK on your own. So does this mean you opted against checking out the surgeries at conservation station? Or did I miss something? Time will tell, I suppose. Cause time is a stupid tattletale!

I would love to try Yak & Yeti sometime except that they have no vegetarian food - except the desserts, I guess. I'm glad you got to try it anyhow! How was that pie? It sounds so unusual!

I sure wish people would lay off feeding the wildlife - bad for the animals, bad for us - obnoxious birds are the last thing I want on vacation. Well, maybe not the LAST thing.....

So what's this mysterious, never-heretofore-seen show?
No veggie options at all? Well that is too bad. I thought most places had at least one. Maybe the TS would have something. The pie was really tasty, I
liked it alot!

I'll fill you in, no Conservation Station at all. You know even solo with all the time in the world, so you think, you still can't really do it all. There were just some things on my list I didn't get to. Mostly because I'd be doing one thing and think "I just want to keep doing this" or "I don't really feel like doing that right now after all". It's all good though!

Allyson
Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #764
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

Allyson,
No veggie food at all - at least according to the menus on allears. It seems weird because, you know, it really COULD be. Maybe they'll make exclusions on things at the table service - who knows. I don't usually like to make a big deal, but it is frustrating when there is just nothing at a place.

I hear ya on not getting to everything. It's not possible in one trip, even when you don't have anyone else to worry about. Savoring the moment is what it's about, even if it doesn't match expectations. Conservation Station can sure take a chunk of time out of a day, too. Just getting to and from, even!

Congrats on your training going well. I'm having a slight issue, but heading out for 3 today and 4 on Saturday, I think! We'll be there before we know it. I forget - where are y'all staying for marathon weekend?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #765
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Okay so I can't remember the exact order of things as I told you. I do remember it was HOT. Really HOT. So when I was over by the Tusker House I grabbed a Frozen Lemonade. It hit the spot. I watched a dancing/drumming show over that way for a short bit, it was cute when they had guests trying to do the moves.

I decided to do the trail. I had never done this one before. I think now having done both I like the one with the Gorillas better. This time I did the Maharajah, last time I did the Pangani, I get them so confused. But I like the Gorilla one better.

Here are some photos from the Maharajah Trail that I took:

The part with the bats was probably my favorite. They are pretty unique and amazing creatures!

More of my pretending to be an artsy photographer

Trail done I noticed that a show I had never seen was just starting. It was, the bird show! I have never seen this show before, Flights of Wonder. I went in and was easily able to get a seat. And you know what? This is a good show! Aside from the hokey female host I liked it all. The male host was fine but she was supposed to play the sort of dopey sidekick and I found her most annoying. But the birds are the real stars and they were beautiful. I really liked this show and would recommend you find a way to fit it into your next AK visit. I didn't take any pictures however as I was just enjoying watching and didn't want to be behind a camera.

Now I decided to head down towards the FOTLK area. I was close to melting at this point. It was really humid. Ick. You know how you feel when you have like that coating of sweat all over you? That is how I felt. I knew my day would be ending soon and I'd head back to Pop for a break. I walked all the way over though because I wanted to see what characters were out down there.

Next up, the one and only time I was made to feel uncomfortable for being by myself.....

Allyson

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: