Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2008, 05:33 AM   #136
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Whew! That was a roller coaster! Glad it all worked out -- and you even got a bonus day out of the deal!

Old 06-04-2008, 06:27 AM   #137
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Glad it all worked out and you got an extra day out of all of it!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #138
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Gald it's all sorted and you get an extra day
Old 06-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #139
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
LOVED the keys to the kingdom tour! it was a fabulous experience! I also love riding the trains all the way around and just watching people while riding!

So far so good!

I am excited to ride BTMRR @ Night!
So glad to hear you loved KTTK! BTMRR at night, that is a good one, going on the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
YIKES! Now that makes for a little drama huh!

Let's see alone in the MK....

Definitely watch WISHES! I still haven't done this.

See the show in front of the castle- never done this

Shop on Main St. in each store- again never have.

Ride TTA by myself

ride SM, BTMRR, HM, Splash and It's a Small world

get a treat at Main St. bakery

wait in toontown to see princesses- with all boys, I NEVER get to do that!

there ya go! Good luck with switching everything around!
Thank you for contributing to my list! I can't wait to put it all together! I have never seen the Castle show in its entirety either! We are always running from point A to point B, never slowing down to see it. Why do we do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMom View Post
Anyway, between you and dddisrunner everything I'd want to do has already been said. I have to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour someday! My treat at the Main St. Bakery would be the custom ice cream sandwich - chocolate cookies with mint chocolate chip ice cream. Then I'd have to get a Dole Whip as well, since I've never had one. I'd definitely want to see Spectro as well as the afternoon parade - haven't seen either one.

Oh, this trip sounds heavenly!!!
Afternoon parade, never seen the whole thing! Another one for the list. And ooooh custom ice cream sandwiches, that sounds like a delight!

Quote:
I don't get why everyone dumps on M.E.?! it's free, whats not to love about that! LOL.

I hope you get it all worked out!
I know, I know, free ride, what's not to like? It's me, it's me and my quirks of not wanting to leave for the airport so stinkin' early on the return and me wanting my luggage with me. Is there a way using ME to keep your luggage? Like can you get it off the carosel yourself, have them put it on your bus and get it right when you get off the bus? Anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
OMG hope it all gets sorted and we had a really good ME experience in August
How long did it take from landing at MCO to get to your hotel? Just curious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I guess it's out of the question to just leave the clothes you want the children to wear on the first day of school laid out for your husband?

I know, I know, I am a bad mommy to even suggest that you wouldn't be there for the first day of school.

But it's not kindergarten, the first day of middle school, or the first day of high school, is it? They will just be returning to the same school, right?

I know, I know...I'll stop now!

I hope that your TA gets it worked out quickly for you!
Bad, bad influence you are! Yes returning to same school but no, just couldn't do it. The Mommy Guilt would be overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMom View Post
I would definitely bag the towncar to get an extra night. We've had good experiences with ME. I think the biggest complaint about arriving at night is getting middle-of-the-night luggage delivery or having to wait until the next morning. Since you'll be flying by yourself you can pack lots of stuff in your carry-on - so waiting for the luggage to arrive won't be such a big deal.
Still debating this, I haven't canceclled the towncar just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
Nothing like a little drama to get your blood pumping!
Don't you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
wow I've missed so many updates!! looks great tho.. But sorry to hear of the drama unfolding of the start of school... That is a tough one...

How do the kids feel about it if you missed the first day? I know, I would feel guilty too tho that is a real tough one for sure!

keep us posted of course!
Well you are a little busy leaving in what, just 4 days! LOL! I'll still be here when you come back! The kids don't even know I am going yet. That alone will put them over the edge, if I missed the first day too, I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it. They'd be telling their kids about the time Grammy went to Disney World and left them home AND missed the first day of school. I don't want to leave that kind of legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post
Yikes. I don't even have any advice - I just hope you get it all worked out to your satisfaction. I'm sure you will - you always do.

Solo day in Magic Kingdom.....tough one, as that is one of the places I am least likely to suffer from "no one else wants to" syndrome. How about this:

I'd love to go to Tom Sawyer Island and not have to worry about losing anyone or anyone having a meltdown- I swear, there is a family curse.

See Hall of Presidents (I haven't in years). Do you like the Christmas shop? I think that's one place I never get to look long enough and the stuff in there is SO cute. Definitely, I'd want to at least consider seeing the afternoon parade - we are always long gone by that time of day cause of the break-thing. See the Jack Sparrow show. Ride Jungle Cruise after dark (again, if you like that sort of thing). Climb the Swiss Family Tree House after dark as well - the view up there is incredible in the evening. Look in some of those Adventureland shops - we always seem to be rushing past!

Without kids and family to worry about, I might even brave standing in front of the castle to watch Wishes. Just, you know, to see what it's like to be in that sea of humanity.
OK, that's probably taking it too far.....

My kids are so far unwilling to ride Splash Mountain - I know it's one of your favorites, so obviously you are going to do that. It's one I'd definitely do if I were solo. I bet you will enjoy it without your peeps, too!

Are you going to make it to Downtown Disney at all this trip? That's something I always think I'd do more of if I were on my own.
Nice additions to my list! Know what? I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island! Never been in the Christmas Shoppe (Liberty Square right?). Never seen Wishes in front of the Castle or even on Main Street. We only saw it from behind, over by Dumbo. Oh so many wonderful things to try and do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyann29 View Post
Im in for your PTR!!

I have to bow down at your feet

I have thought of doing a solo trip several times and keep chickening out..

Id love to hear all about your planning and the actual trip!
Oh you can do it, you can do it! Glad you are here!

Quote:
Incidentally, yes, I called the very same day and got a table for 4 at the Safari Breakfast. 8:15 was the earliest available. We'll work with it. I'm glad to have gotten it, so thanks for the inadvertent reminder.

Now your food TR recommendation has me thinking I need to get a reservation for the Plaza - we ate there on our first trip and it's really cute. Have you ever had ice cream there?
Whoo Hoo on the breakfast ressie! I have never been to the Plaza! It does look very cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boysrus View Post
Well, I'm glad that you got it all worked out, and even though you lose FD, you get an extra day!

Hope the ADR's are easy to change. Can't wait to hear more of your plans.
Changes are made, I'll fill you in soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
Sounds like a good trade free dining for an extra day.
Yes I think so!

Quote:
And you won't have to deal with the hassle of checking in twice and buying a single-day admission to Epcot, right? That right there is worth something in my book.
I like your thinking, always spinning it to the positive! And yes you are right, no split ressies, no one day (gosh are they expensive) tickets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Whew! That was a roller coaster! Glad it all worked out -- and you even got a bonus day out of the deal!
All is well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Glad it all worked out and you got an extra day out of all of it!!!
You of all people know the excitement of the extra day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Gald it's all sorted and you get an extra day
Yes! Yeah!

Allyson
Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #140
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Bad, bad influence you are! Yes returning to same school but no, just couldn't do it. The Mommy Guilt would be overwhelming.

You of all people know the excitement of the extra day!
I wouldn't be able to do it, either, when all is said and done.

It's amazing what 24 hours can do to the excitement for a trip!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #141
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
I know, I know, free ride, what's not to like? It's me, it's me and my quirks of not wanting to leave for the airport so stinkin' early on the return and me wanting my luggage with me. Is there a way using ME to keep your luggage? Like can you get it off the carosel yourself, have them put it on your bus and get it right when you get off the bus? Anyone know?

Allyson
You def can! Just because you are using ME doesn't mean you have to check any of your bags with them. I have never had them deliver mine to the hotel. I need my stuff right away and don't wanna wait for it. I just get my own bags and head to the bus. Also on the way there you can take your own luggage (we have done it and also had them check it with no problem too) and when they say 3 hours before the time of the flight I usually show up for the bus around that time. They have no time limits for when you can get on the bus, and they show up every few minutes so it really isn't as bad as people think. I also ride public transport all the time since i Live in NYC, so maybe I'm just biased.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 06-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #142
MomofCKJ

Quote:
You def can! Just because you are using ME doesn't mean you have to check any of your bags with them. I have never had them deliver mine to the hotel. I need my stuff right away and don't wanna wait for it. I just get my own bags and head to the bus. Also on the way there you can take your own luggage (we have done it and also had them check it with no problem too) and when they say 3 hours before the time of the flight I usually show up for the bus around that time. They have no time limits for when you can get on the bus, and they show up every few minutes so it really isn't as bad as people think. I also ride public transport all the time since i Live in NYC, so maybe I'm just biased.
Really? I had no idea. I really had no idea and this, well this might change things. You may have just saved me $100 KatGarcia. You might have made me try the ME for the first time.

So I can tell my TA I want to use ME but when the luggage tags come I just don't put them on. Then I check my bags as always AND pick up my bags as always at the baggage carousel? And then you are telling me that I check in at ME, with my bags (of which I will have just one suitcase, I pack light), and they will put me in the bus and my bag under the bus. Then when we debark at ASMu I can just get my bag from under the bus and not wait till its delivered? Is this what you are telling me? Oh my have I been in the dark on the ME if this is so! I think I could do this. Of course I still love my pamperin' Towncar but I do like the sound of this better than what I thought. And if I wanted to hop a slightly later ME bus to go back to the airport and home could I do so at my own risk?

Completely intrigued over here!

Allyson

Last edited by MomofCKJ; 06-04-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typing too fast in my excitment
Old 06-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #143
kathleen27
DIS Veteran

Glad you worked everything out!

I couldn't miss the first day of school either. I still take a picture every year. The one other neighbor with a middle schooler was laughing at me last year because I was taking a picture of my 7th grader. We usually get a group shot of all the elementary kids at the bus stop.

Magic Kingdom -
I would do the tour too!
Go in any store I wanted.
Relax with a snack of MY choice.
Watch the fireworks or parades without complaints or eyerolling.
Ride BTMRR, see Philharmagic.
Rides might be more NOT riding what I am not interested in. (NOT waiting in line for Dumbo - I like riding with the kids, but not something I would ride on my own.) And not having to switch off or have someone sit out with my DD on the ones she doesn't like.

Feb 2014 Feb 2013 Feb 2012 Feb 2011 September 2008 Feb 2008 Feb 2006 March 2003

Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #144
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

WooHoo! I am glad it all worked out. Yes, you can grab your own luggage at MCO, we did it on our trip because of our late arrival! You bring it to check in for ME and then out to the bus and the driver will load it for you and then unload it at your resort! We tipped him $1 a bag.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #145
CJsMom

Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:

"Hey Bashful/Belle/Goofy did your Mom pack you a nice first day of school lunch?"
"No, our Mom left us and went to Disney World by herself!"

Not gonna fly! They'll need therapy someday for sure!

Allyson

So, did you keep the towncar? Or are you going with ME?

Last edited by CJsMom; 06-04-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Never mind - should have read all the posts first!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #146
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Allyson - I'm glad to hear that everything got all worked out...I definitely would have been sweating that one!!

Also, I'm glad you have asked all of these questions about ME. I have always been very curious, as I'm sure the day will come that we will need a break from driving all that way!

I do have a couple of comments regarding the MK too...

I've always wanted to ride the Liberty Belle riverboat, though I don't know how that would go solo, maybe bring a treat along?

BTMR is awesome at night - that one is a must-do!

I agree with kathleen27, I would just look forward to not doing what everyone else wants to do!

By the way, thanks for stopping by my pre-trippie - there's an update over there tonight! (I know, I know, shameless advertising... )

Looking forward to more!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #147
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

It always amazes me how different everyone is. I love Magic Express, nothing better than not having to pick up your luggage at the airport and drag it around the hotel. I have taken it 3 times and it has never taken more than 70 minutes from the time we landed till we got to the hotel.

I think we are going to at DW as the same time as you again, I got a great deal on Spirit Air, but I hear they may be cancelling flights so if that happens we will not be going but the plan is Aug 18-23 at the All Star Music and AKL for a split stay.

Lisa

Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #148
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to let you know I'm really enjoying your pretrippie. I'm going to Disney the same time, but with the entire extended family.

As much as I love them I'm really looking forward to taking the KTTK tour by myself that week. (I think I'm going Tuesday). Everyone else has done it, so I get a nice little bit of time to myself.

If I was on a solo trip what I'd love to do is check out some of my favorite rides after dark. I keep hearing about how much more realistic and cool certain effects on the Jungle Cruise and BTMR are after dark, but my family never seems to want to ride those things then.

I'd been thinking of a solo trip to the world next year, but now I'm thinking of Disneyland instead. I can't wait to ride my rides at night!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #149
MomofCKJ

The ADR Shuffle Take Two

So with the whole hotel/air travel thing shifted and straightened out it was ADR time...again. I called this afternoon and Mike was there to help me out. Mike sounded like he forgot his pixie dust pill this morning. I think he would have rather been anywhere else but the 407-WDW-DINE line today. Like working anywhere on World's Dirtiest Jobs, anywhere but the dreaded ADR Hotline for Crazy Overplanning Disney Freaks.

First up was seeing if I could get into Kona for that Friday night. Do you think I could? Do you? Of course, party of one remember! Earliest time though was 7:10 but that is okay. One person eats faster than a group and I'll still have time to get over to Spectro for 9 and Wishes for 10. So I booked it and cancelled the other Kona ADR I had.

Next up I tried for Tusker House breakfast on Saturday morning. Mike had an early morning opening for me! Yeah! I felt the need to tell him I was leaving my husband and kids home for a little Mom's Vacation and he told me "More power to ya" in the most Steven Wright-ish, monotone voice. I had to laugh.

I cancelled the other Tusker House and was good to go. But Marrakesh is nagging at me. Any Podcast listeners here? I listened to Kevin's Marrakesh review today and it was not glowing. Do I really want to try this? I will keep for now. Quite a few of you have loved it. His review just made me rethink it.

So thanks for helping me compile a nice varied list of things to do at the Magic Kingdom. Now let's move on to Epcot! Oh Epcot, I do love it. It is not the most favorite of my kids. They love Test Track and Soarin' but Epcot for them has a lot more likes than loves.

What would I like to accomplish while here?

Well shopping in World Showcase. Now I'm not a super huge shopping gal but I'd like to peruse the different shops. Especially the ones I never go into with kids, like the ones with lots of glass and crystal! I've never seen that infamous tres expensive crystal castle, would love to!

Seeing some of the bands and street performers. I've seen very little of them. My kids just never seem to want to stop, they want to go on to the next thing. I saw about 1.2 minutes of Off Kilter and Bashful said it was too loud and could we keep going. So I want to see Off Kilter do a set. I'd love to see Miyuki. My kids would have liked to see her but we were never at Epcot when she was on. Who are some other street performer/bands that you like in Epcot?

I'd like to take the boat ride in The Land.

I'd like a Grey Goose Slushie.

What would YOU like to do if you were on your own schedule in Epcot?

Tonight I took the kids to McDonald's. As we ate I asked "So what if I did go away for a few days by myself, what would you think?"

Goofy: To Disney?

Me: Mmmm Hmmmm

Goofy: Awww, can I come?

Belle: I would lock you out of the house and not talk to you.

Bashful: Where would you stay?

Me: Would you guys be okay with it? I mean its just for a few days.

Belle: No way

Goofy: Would you bring me back a Fat Piglet?

And that was that. Belle makes her remarks with a smirk, Goofy can easily be bought and Bashful seems quite indifferent. This might be easier than I thought to tell them the deed has been done!

So in other unrelated to this trip news we bought our plane tickets for the January trip. Oh. My. Goodness. They are multi city tickets, Hartford to Orlando to Nassau to Hartford and were, gulp, $538 a piece. Ouch. But we had to get them and I just was afraid waiting too long with the economy the way it is they might go up and up. So that is a little pretrip info for a different trip!

I am chaperoning a trip with Bashful tomorrow to the Ecotarium which is like a Science Museum. Wish me luck!

Allyson
Old 06-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #150
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I am looking forward to just wandering the world showcase, trying out some new drinks or snacks from each pavilion. Just a leisurely stroll for me, I can't wait. Also test track has a single rider line so that would be good if you feel like a ride!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: