Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
poohaddict
Earning My Ears

My 30th B-Day trip May 2009**updated 5-20* Day 2 of the trip

I have so much to report on where do I begin? 4 parks, 2 Water parks,disney quest, 1st time staying on property, Basic dinning plan including 10 Table service meals (mostly character meals). We stayed May 3rd - May 10th. The weather was HOT HOT HOT!!!!! So lets begin.....

Lets start with introductions.

My DB-Nick, DM-Joanne, Me-Donna, DH-Steve, DS-Anthony, DD- Gabriella.

We had no plans on returning to Disney this year but after B-day promotion was announced I told my DH "I AM TURNING 30 In the happiest place on earth". It took a little bit of convincing and finally he gave in. Then I asked my DM and my DB and they deceided to come with us. I did a lot of reserching the resorts and finally we all deceided to stay at All Star Movie. (I WILL NEVER STAY HERE EVER AGAIN more on that later) We drove from CT so the journey took us 20 hours in total. We left CT at about 1:30 Saturday May 2nd and arrived in Orlando about 10am on May 3rd. My kids did great on the drive. The 4 of us adults took turns driving straight through. So when we arrived in Orlando our 1st stop was to the local Wal-Mart. We did some shopping and then we were off to the resort. We arrived about 2pm and found that only 1 of our rooms were ready. We had connecting rooms and my moms was not ready until after 4pm because they cleaned the rug in the room. Not really a big deal we put all the luggage in my room and went to the food court.

1st quick serve meal at All Star Movie food court-
After walking around confused for about 10 minutes we finally asked someone for help. After she explained how the DP worked we all got our food plus a dessert. The brownie sundae was AWSOME!!!!
We had some time before our ADR at 1900 Park fare so we took naps. YEAH SLEEP....
1st Table service 1900 Park Fare Grand floridian.
We had a small wait until our table was ready so we sat in the lobby and it was beautiful to say the least. We enjoyed the band me and my DD danced and had sooo much fun. Finally our buzzer went off and in we went after a quick photo. At first glance of the restaurant I thought WOW this is so pretty. The food was good. I really enjoyed the Paella, and the Salmon with Dill sauce. My kids enjoyed the pasta and mashed potatoes. I was a little dissapointed in the dessert selection but I am not really a dessert person. The ice cream machines were empty and we got very little out of them.

So the Magic Kingdom had EMH that night so we headed over to the park. The lines were great. We had almost no wait on anything. We were exhausted and they were open until 1am but we did not stay that late. So we hit some of our favorite rides and headed back to the room because we had an early ADR at Hollywood and Vine at DHS.

So for now we will end here. I will be reporting on Hollywood and Vine, DHS, Pizza Planet, Hanging at the resort.

Last edited by poohaddict; 05-20-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

There's no place else in the world to turn 30 at. I went to Disney for my 30th birthday this last December.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
poohaddict
Earning My Ears

Day 2

Monday May 4th Disney Hollywoos Studios. So we had an ADR for hollywood and vine's Play and Dine for 8:20. we had no wait which was great. I wasn't expecting to much from this dinning experience but my kids were excited. They offered basic breakfast foods. The characters were great Leo from the little einsteins sat down at our table with my DS who is 2 1/2 and he loved that. The characters at the breakfast were JoJo and Goliath, Leo and June from little einsteins. My kids really had fun, they did some singing and dancing in the restaurant that was fun also.
Being in the park early was nice because as soon as we were done with breakfast we head right over to one of my new favorite rides. Toy Story Mania. We chose not to use fastpass the stand-by wait was only 45 minutes so we took our chances. The line moved pretty quickly and it was soooo fun walking throught the que because they had painting on the walls and toys on display. The best was Mr. Potatoe head. my DS was in awe. around the corner grab some 3-d glasses up the steps and there it is the end of the line. My DD and DS liked it more than Buzz's ride in Magic Kingdom. Make sure to stop at Woody's shooting gallery (I think thats the name of it)You can find Woody and Buzz in there totally worth the wait.
Then it was off to my favorite ride at DHS Rock-n-rollercoaster we swiped our tickets to get our fastpasses and of we went. We saw a few of the shows like The voyage of the lttle mermaid, playhouse disney live, The great movie ride was nice.
We had lunch at Pizza Planet we used a quick serve here. It was ok I had the vegtable pizza and it was soggy in the middle I scrapped all the toppings off and then ate it. The kids pizza fed both my kids which was great. My DH, DB, and DM all had the cheese pizzas which was fine. Our meals came with a salad, drink and dessert.
After a late lunch we decided to head back to our resort because DHS had magic hours that night. I really wanted to go back but no one else did so we went in the pool instead which was nice. The pool was big and clean not to crowded which was also nice. I was suprised to see they offered life jackets for the kids to wear. Both my kids used them and it was good because they had a little more freedom.
So that was day 2 of our trip hope you enjoyed it.

Next will be Blizzard Beach, Planet Hollywood Downtown Disney.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: