Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #61
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post
That's awesome! I would take it either way too!
Did I mention how much I like you lately?
Well, we could just plan a week next year to have a Dismeet at PCB!!

I love the new update btw. Your nephew is a doll!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #62
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
He he I have 3 Ariel towels. Nick got me one a while back and then my friend got me one and personalized it for my 21st birthday, it was so thoughtful and sweet . I don't use them though as I dont want to rui them or for them to fade, sad I know. I have a few other Disney towels I don't use too, I buy one each time I go and then keep them in the cupboard. I did use my Tigger one though, although I did try to resist
That was sweet of Nick to get you the towel. I know what you mean about not using them, but they're too cute not too. I want to show my Disney pride loud and clear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Cute beach photos!!

Love his cute little beach chair!

And I like your white thongs... ahem, I mean, flip-flops, too!

I love flip-flops!
LOL thank you! I love flip flops too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateryan View Post
Great Beach Photos! Logan is too cute!! I have to ask - what is your manicure called? I think your nails look very nice! Not sure if I have ever seen black on the tip - but it has been years since I got my nails done.
Thank you!

Actually, I don't think it has a name..I just told them I wanted a French manicure, but with black instead of white. They were like, "Black? Are you sure?" "Yep!"

I've gotten alot of comments on them. I like to be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Well, we could just plan a week next year to have a Dismeet at PCB!!

I love the new update btw. Your nephew is a doll!
Hey, that sounds good to me!!

Thank you!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
TrueEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #63
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Ariel, sorry I don't know how to copy and paste people's responses so I just use their web name.
Anyway, we are in Ohio, so we are on Florida time. So when you tell me about gaining the hours coming here, I knew what you were talking about because that's exactly how it was for us going to Hawaii. We left Cleveland, OH and flew to Phoenix, Arizona and that was about a 3 hour flight. Had and layover there and then it's another 6 hour flight to Honolulu. I was glad for the layover. My parents are going back this summer and have an 8 hour flight out of Houston. NO THANK YOU! It was hard enough for our 6 our flight. And, on the way back last summer, my husband got bit by a shark on our Hawaiian vacation, and had to sit with his leg completely straight for those 6 hours.
Sorry, just went on a tangent.
Thanks for replying though. I'm reading your trip report and can't wait to read more!
Thanks .

To copy peoples responses in your message all all need to do is go on to the persons message you want to copy into your reply and then go to the little quote symbol in the bottom right hand corner of the box (the 3rd one across).

I cant believe that Hawaii is so far from the East coast, 8 hours from Houston, we got back from Florida quicker than that and thats all the way across the ocean . When we did our hot air balloon ride one of the guides came from Michigan and said it takes 8-10 hours to drive from one side to the other, thats what it takes to drive from one side of England to the other... it just shows you the vast size of your country compared to our little baby one. I cant believe your husband got bit by a shark, that must have been really scary , is his leg ok?

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
ariel2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #64
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

When are we going to get more Heather?

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #65
TrueEeyore

Quote:
When are we going to get more Heather?
Not feeling well tonight, so probably tomorrow! I need more readers!!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
Old 05-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #66
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope you have a great weekend!

Well, I'm a travel agent in training, so it's my nature to look up condos online. I search and search, looking for the best price, the best views, and making sure the owners are legit. I've found that booking a rental by an owner rather than a business is alot more personal and usually alot cheaper. That condo was only $1500 for the whole week, which isn't bad considering the location and that it was a 3 bedroom. Everything is provided, towels, bed sheets, alot of times there's dishwashing liquid or laundry detergent left over from the last guests. A cleaning service comes after you leave, no one comes the whole week, so you have to pick up after yourself if you want a clean condo. Also, no towel animals unless you make them on your own!

If you ever need any help finding one, I'd be glad to try and help you!

wow! $1500 for three bedrooms for a week?! We just spent almost $2000 for the weekend at the ranch (of course, that is meals included). I may take you up on the offer to search out some beach condos for me!

The Ranch was wonderful! DD rode a lot and we all enjoyed the activities and lounging by the pool. Weather was fantastic. DD waterskied for the first time! She did great!

Disney in a month! WOO HOO!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale and 1/2014 Dolphin
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:45 AM   #67
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks .

To copy peoples responses in your message all all need to do is go on to the persons message you want to copy into your reply and then go to the little quote symbol in the bottom right hand corner of the box (the 3rd one across).

I cant believe that Hawaii is so far from the East coast, 8 hours from Houston, we got back from Florida quicker than that and thats all the way across the ocean . When we did our hot air balloon ride one of the guides came from Michigan and said it takes 8-10 hours to drive from one side to the other, thats what it takes to drive from one side of England to the other... it just shows you the vast size of your country compared to our little baby one. I cant believe your husband got bit by a shark, that must have been really scary , is his leg ok?
Thank you for the expanation. Sometimes I feel like an idiot when I'm on here. Michigan is a big state. I live in northwestern Ohio and it would take me 8 hours to get to northern Michigan.
Yes, my husbands leg is o.k. now, after 5 surgeries. But considering the most shark attack deaths, we'll take foot paralysis of death. So tragic. I can't wait to read more of your tr though. I'm so jealous that you got to spend 23 days there. But, when you're spending that kind of money to get here, might as well make it worth your while.

Me DH, DD20, DS18, DD12 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
lmillercrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #68
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Quote:
Not feeling well tonight, so probably tomorrow! I need more readers!!
Ah hunny sorry to hear you felt bad yesterday. I hope your feeling better today, sending you big hugs . I'm just sitting at home waiting for Mum, Dad and Soph and so bored, I wish they would hurry up .

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
Old 05-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #69
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
wow! $1500 for three bedrooms for a week?! We just spent almost $2000 for the weekend at the ranch (of course, that is meals included). I may take you up on the offer to search out some beach condos for me!

The Ranch was wonderful! DD rode a lot and we all enjoyed the activities and lounging by the pool. Weather was fantastic. DD waterskied for the first time! She did great!

Disney in a month! WOO HOO!
I'm glad you had a great time. You're so lucky to be going to Disney in a month! I'm jealous.

Quote:
Ah hunny sorry to hear you felt bad yesterday. I hope your feeling better today, sending you big hugs . I'm just sitting at home waiting for Mum, Dad and Soph and so bored, I wish they would hurry up .
A little better, but I think I'm going to take a nap after the update today. I hope your family gets there soon!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #70
TrueEeyore

Sunday, May 4th. Day 2. Part 2.

After being at the beach for awhile, we decided to go check out the pool. The main pool is huge and gorgeous, so we went there.

Joe gets in but it's FREEZING, so we go to the smaller pool, which was heated. It felt great.

We went back to the rooms to clean up and get ready to get some lunch.

We drove around and checked everything out, then we got Backyard Burgers for lunch. Those are SO good, and they don't have any around where we live, we have to drive a little ways to get them...So you'll be hearing of us eating there quite a bit on this trip.

We went back to the condo and ate on the balcony, then we took a nap from 2:30-5:30 (Long nap!!)

Then we woke up and decided to eat at Pineapple Willie's. We took some pictures around the condo first.

Joe in the massage chair:

Continued...
Old 05-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #71
TrueEeyore

Continued...

The food was okay. I got popcorn shrimp and Darren got a fried shrimp plate.

You can see my shrimp here. It was a HUGE amount of shrimp!

After eating we went to Wal-Mart for something, probably more snacks.

Darren and Joe tried (unsuccessfully) to win Logan something from the crane machine.

We got back to the condo and watched America's Funniest Home Videos, took a shower, and went to bed at 2:30am. I think we slept good this night, didn't hear too much from the bikers because the weekend was ending. So everything was fine after that.

Up next...More beach and a little place called Margaritaville. Stick around!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #72
Mayl
DIS Veteran

ok more of bikini's and I won't ever leave this thread
Mayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #73
cincy
Earning My Ears

The resort looks great. We normally stay at Edgewater, and only use the pool and the beach. I would love to know where you got the great rate. We are planning a trip back to the beach in September and would love any help you could provide.

Thanks for the report. DW and I met at PC Beach and it is nice to see pictures of the beach.
cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #74
cherbear
DIS Veteran

great pics!

beautiful pool!! Too bad it was so cold! The heated pool looked nice too, and how nice that you got it to yourselves (from the looks of it)

that is a LOT of shrimp. Did Darren finish his and then the rest of yours? (that's what usually happens with me and my DH )

BTW tell him he should smile more.
(what is it with guys and smiling? Do they think it makes them look less manly? )

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #75
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Love that picture of you and your husband on the balcony at sunset! And, you are too cute. The big pool looked gorgeous, too bad it was too cold to swim in. Good thing there was a heated pool.
Hope you are feeling better.

Me DH, DD20, DS18, DD12 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
lmillercrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: