Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

The Dasani Girl is headed to the beach again! New pics added

Alot of people from my September Pre-Trip Report wanted me to do a report from our trip to Panama City Beach. I didn't want to clog up my Disney report with it, so I'm posting it here. Anyone can join in if they want! This is just a place to have fun.

So here's the details:

Cast

Me. Heather. 21.
My Husband. Darren. 24.
My Brother. Joe. 25.
My Sister-In-Law. Blair. 22.
My Nephew. Logan. 9 Months (at the time of the trip)
My Parents came to join us on the last couple of days.

Where

Long Beach Resort in Panama City Beach.

How Long

May 3rd-10th

I am trying to get some videos from my camcorder, but it's isn't cooperating. If I ever get it fixed, I will post them!

Chapter 1 coming up!!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07

Last edited by TrueEeyore; 05-04-2014 at 11:02 PM.
TrueEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
TrueEeyore

Chapter One

Friday night. Packing night! I HATE to pack, I always get a headache. You think, beach=bathing suit and sunblock, right? Not with us! Here's some of the chaos that is packing at our house.

I had my suitcase full when I remembered I forgot all of my jeans. It barely closed.

Darren's infamous 'excited' face:

Hey, look what it is!

We woke up on Saturday morning to loud thunder. I hoped it would pass before we had to drive in it!

We packed our stuff into the car, then went to my brother's house.

Before the luggage:

Don't forget me!

After the luggage (we were bringing theirs too):

Logan and Uncle Darren:

Then we went to my parent's house to say goodbye.

My brother's truck in front of us:

That's ALOT of luggage!

The inevitable rest stop.

Cutie!

He got on this 'weird face' kick during the trip. I don't know what it's for but it cracked me up every time!

We finally arrived at 5:30 (my brother's GPS took us the scenic route lol) and there were bikers EVERYWHERE. I've never seen so many Harley's. We found out later that it was Thunder Beach weekend. Yippee.

Logan decided to drive while we were checking in.

Continued...
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
TrueEeyore

Chapter One continued...

Pictures of the condo:

Our room:

Our balcony. No idea why there's bicycles on it. Hey, maybe we could have joined in Biker weekend!

The mini kitchen in our room.

Caught a little thief!

The water looked nasty from all of the rain.

We get settled in then we headed to Wal-Mart for the neccessities. Chips and drinks!

View of the parking lot. This was maybe 2% of the bikes.

We went back to the condo after Wal-Mart and ordered Domino's Pizza. Everybody wanted to watch a movie so I went to take out my contacts before it started. Well, something happened and my contact flew off my finger when I took it off. I looked EVERYWHERE. Darren looked with me. I even checked my eye again to make sure I wasn't imagining things and that I really took it out. No contact.

Come to find out....

Yeah, it was stuck to the top of my hair spray. No idea how it got there, but we wasted a good 10 minutes looking for that thing!

Sooo, after that whole ordeal, we went back to the living room to watch We Own the Night. It was ok.

How do you like my jammies??

It's the face again!

We went back to our room and we weren't quite tired yet. So we looked in the closet. Oh hey, games. We thought we'd play checkers. But no checker pieces could be found. So behold, redneck checkers:

The colored pieces are the kings. Clever, right?

We were knocked out by 1am to the lovely sound of...wait, aren't we supposed to go to sleep with the ocean being our lullaby? Not this night! All we heard were engines being revved up and people screaming. I couldn't WAIT for those darn bikers to leave!

Up next....Alot of beach and a little bit of Willie's!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #5
KatInHat
Mouseketeer

Hey Heather, I'm here for the beach report.
Could Logan be any cuter? I love that little face.
The condo looks really nice. Was it a 2 bedroom?
Sorry to hear about those noisy bikers. Hopefully they weren't there the entire trip.
Great start. Can't wait to hear more.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
jacobsmom00
DIS Veteran

Hi heather! I am here for the beach report!! WOO HOO
Old 05-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Hey Heather!! Great start!! Love the condo! Which condo did you stay in?
We miss thunder week every year we go! Thank goodness! I have nothing against bikers (my step-father in law has a harley) but my dh's dad lives down in PCB and he said it is terrible that week every year!!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
tlhbdm
1354.40 miles away from the mouse

Great start Heather! Can't wait to read the rest.
1992-Carribean Beach, 1993-POFQ, 1996-POFQ, 2001-POFQ, 2002-POR , 2005-Cornado Springs , 2006-Pop Century , May 2007-Pop Century, , December 2007-Contemporary, 2009-SSR, 2010-WLV, 2011-WLV , 2013-POR & Off-site, 2014-WL

Me(25) DH(26)
tlhbdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #9
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Here for the beach report!! That Logan is so cute!!! Can't wait to hear more about the beach.
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
MayButterfly
Mouseketeer

hey Heather!! i'm loving this report so far!! I hope those bikers left soon after you got there.. nothing like wanting to relax on the beach with just the sound of the ocean and all you hear are drunk bikers LOL.. well not all drunk, but my brothers goes to bike week in Myrtle Beach and I hear stories!
Your nephew is SOO cute.. those faces were cracking me up!!

Can't wait to hear more!

me DH LEO LOUIE
MayButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #11
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Great Start! I love all the pictures you post. Your nephew is just too cute. What an adorable "weird" face!
Thanks so much!! I know, I just love that baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatInHat View Post
Hey Heather, I'm here for the beach report.
Could Logan be any cuter? I love that little face.
The condo looks really nice. Was it a 2 bedroom?
Sorry to hear about those noisy bikers. Hopefully they weren't there the entire trip.
Great start. Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks for coming! Isn't he a cutie?!
The condo was a three bedroom. My parents stayed in the room with the two full sized beds and we got a queen bed, and my brother and his wife got a queen bed.
The bikers left after Sunday thankfully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmom00 View Post
Hi heather! I am here for the beach report!! WOO HOO
Thanks for coming!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hey Heather!! Great start!! Love the condo! Which condo did you stay in?
We miss thunder week every year we go! Thank goodness! I have nothing against bikers (my step-father in law has a harley) but my dh's dad lives down in PCB and he said it is terrible that week every year!!
Thanks! It was called Long Beach Resort, right by Wal-Mart and Coyote Ugly. Good thing you miss thunder beach week. We had no idea what that was all about! We were hoping it was at the end. I have nothing against them either, they are just SO loud, and they revved up the engines way too late in the night. No respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhbdm View Post
Great start Heather! Can't wait to read the rest.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Here for the beach report!! That Logan is so cute!!! Can't wait to hear more about the beach.
Thank you! He is a little sweetheart.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayButterfly View Post
hey Heather!! i'm loving this report so far!! I hope those bikers left soon after you got there.. nothing like wanting to relax on the beach with just the sound of the ocean and all you hear are drunk bikers LOL.. well not all drunk, but my brothers goes to bike week in Myrtle Beach and I hear stories!
Your nephew is SOO cute.. those faces were cracking me up!!

Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks! Yes, they left on Sunday thankfully!!! I hate the noise when we were trying to sleep. I wanted to hear the ocean!
I know, I still laugh when I see the pictures. He does this crazy snorting thing when he makes that face too. It's hilarious! He's such a ham.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #13
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

(my most happiest "happy place" is the beach!)

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #14
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Oh the beach! Your room looks amazing!

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #15
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Hey Heather. Great report so far. I'm am enjoying living vicariously through all of the other TR's. I just know that my DH thinks I'm a super geek! I seriously think that I need some therapy.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: