Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #106
CLS_Dreams
Be nice or I'll crop you out of my photos

Webinar

Cruisecrzy, just for future reference, how did you find out about the new webinar on gotomeeting? I did not see it on the CM website.

Thanks!

Last edited by CLS_Dreams; 07-28-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling
CLS_Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #107
cruisecrzy
DIS Veteran

I got an email from Cm directors Billie Allen and Dawn Oldham.

I copied and pasted that email with dates, times, and links just as I recieved it.

Disney Magic March 2002, March 2003, Nov 2003, March 2004, Nov 2005, March 2006, Nov 2006, April 2007, Halloween 2007 , March 2008, November 2008, April 2009, November 2009, April 2010 Wonder July 2009
cruisecrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2008, 02:29 PM   #108
CLS_Dreams
Be nice or I'll crop you out of my photos

CM Photos and Fonts CD

Has anyone seen what is on the CM Photos and Fonts CD?

I see it in the Spring/Summer catalog as part of the "Digital Collection" which also has SBC+ and Memory Manager software.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:47 PM   #109
Emerson613
Mouseketeer

fixing pictures???

so, I haven't seen anything on any of the cd's yet- (i only bought the cars thing and a disney pp set or something....) but I have a new question.
You all use something else like PSE to fix your pictures and cut out kids and make shadows and all that stuff right?
you can not edit in SBC+- only crop-- is that right?
Emerson613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM   #110
Disney Baby
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Dreams View Post

I see it in the Spring/Summer catalog as part of the "Digital Collection" which also has SBC+ and Memory Manager software.
The stuff on the CDs is beautiful but unless you are going to be doing generic calendars and need landscape stuff - the pictures are not essential. The Fonts are cool - but there are so many cool fonts out there that you can grob for free.
Disney Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:30 PM   #111
Disney Baby
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson613 View Post
so, I haven't seen anything on any of the cd's yet- (i only bought the cars thing and a disney pp set or something....) but I have a new question.
You all use something else like PSE to fix your pictures and cut out kids and make shadows and all that stuff right?
you can not edit in SBC+- only crop-- is that right?
I do everything in SBC+! i cut out pictures and make shadows too. Here is a page where I cut the background out and made shadows...

I use the tools ribbon and use a shape to cut out most of background. The I use the wand in the tools ribbons to cut out more. Then I use the custom shape in the tools ribbon to cut out the detail.

You can use the shadow tool to make shadows. You can enhance your pictures - turn them black and white or sepia. You can change the color of any elements by changing the hue.

It will take me a I hope this helps. If you sit down with the Dawn Oldam tutorials - it will walk you through. I currently do not use PSE to do anything. If you have any questions - you can PM me. I teach classes on SBC+ twice a month
Old 07-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #112
Emerson613
Mouseketeer

oh wow-
that's awesome- I thought I tried everything but i guess i just don't know it very well at all yet---
I need to do the tutorials- I do! But I learn so much better being shown in person and i don't have the time to scrap AND sit and watch tutorials so I opt for going ahead and trying things on my own-

Bad choice I see--- I have tools that I wasn't aware of!

thank you so much!
Emerson613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #113
cruisecrzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_Dreams View Post

I just checked and the photo and fonts CD is no longer available. The digital collection is now the following.
Digital Collection

Specifications
• Memory Manager™ Software
• StoryBook Creator Plus
• Digital Expressions & Kit Collection CD

Features
• Memory Manager imports and organizes images from digital cameras, scanners and computer drives
• Create a one-of-a-kind StoryBook with moveable templates
• Have exclusive access to artwork you won’t get anywhere else. Includes
$39.95 (USD) coupon code toward purchase of StoryBook.

I have to say that the Photos and Fonts CD did not do a lot for me. It had three fonts on it and a lot of nature type shots that would make great backgrounds or calenders, but it was not what I was doing.

I do think the digital Expressions and Kit which I bought two months ago I think was worth the price. It has a few kits of paper/embellishments and some great colections of vellum sayings. I personally think that was worth the money versus the photo and fonts CD.....but that is just my opinion.

Disney Magic March 2002, March 2003, Nov 2003, March 2004, Nov 2005, March 2006, Nov 2006, April 2007, Halloween 2007 , March 2008, November 2008, April 2009, November 2009, April 2010 Wonder July 2009
cruisecrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #114
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
I do everything in SBC+! i cut out pictures and make shadows too. Here is a page where I cut the background out and made shadows...

I use the tools ribbon and use a shape to cut out most of background. The I use the wand in the tools ribbons to cut out more. Then I use the custom shape in the tools ribbon to cut out the detail.

You can use the shadow tool to make shadows. You can enhance your pictures - turn them black and white or sepia. You can change the color of any elements by changing the hue.

It will take me a I hope this helps. If you sit down with the Dawn Oldam tutorials - it will walk you through. I currently do not use PSE to do anything. If you have any questions - you can PM me. I teach classes on SBC+ twice a month

DisneyBaby!!! I always learn new tricks when you post. DO you know I have probably made 200 pages, and I JUST NOW realized (from your post) that there is a Shadow tool??? Up until now, I thought the only choices were "light" and "heavy" -- OMG -- I feel like such an idiot. I was just thinking the other day that I wish there were more shadow options on there. Your tip about dragging a page over next to the page you are woking on to line up, etc. for 2 pagers was a great help to me too! Thanks for taking the time to share! SOunds like your classes are awesome.... I have watched the tutorials, but you have more tricks and better tips.
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
DisneyCruiser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:32 PM   #115
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser2008 View Post
DisneyBaby!!! I always learn new tricks when you post. DO you know I have probably made 200 pages, and I JUST NOW realized (from your post) that there is a Shadow tool??? Up until now, I thought the only choices were "light" and "heavy" -- OMG -- I feel like such an idiot. I was just thinking the other day that I wish there were more shadow options on there. Your tip about dragging a page over next to the page you are woking on to line up, etc. for 2 pagers was a great help to me too! Thanks for taking the time to share! SOunds like your classes are awesome.... I have watched the tutorials, but you have more tricks and better tips.
Great tips! I still have to play with that whole two page idea. I use the light and heavy shadow things all the time (I'm lazy!), but I really should play with the shadow tool some more. I'm so glad this thread is getting some action and some great tips! I love SBC+!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:50 PM   #116
Disney Baby
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser2008 View Post

Christy - thanks for the compliment! I LOVE your layouts! I wish I had your creativity!! I love SBC+ because it makes it so easy to make beautiful layouts. When CM came out with the software, I won it as an incentive and fell in love with it. I am really hoping that CM will add features as they do updates. I am curious to see what new techniques will be presented in the webinar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
Great tips! I still have to play with that whole two page idea. I use the light and heavy shadow things all the time (I'm lazy!), but I really should play with the shadow tool some more. I'm so glad this thread is getting some action and some great tips! I love SBC+!
Jessica - I LOVE you layouts too. I am really glad that you started this thread. I also need you and Christy to help me figure out how to share some of the templates and pngs that I have created in SBC+. I am CLUELESS

I was able to use both of your templates that I downloaded and they turned out great!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #117
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

DisneyBaby -- The easiest way that I have found is to right click on the page file and "send to a compressed zip folder" and then upload it to 4shared and share the link..... 4shared is free. I have a few others I have made that I have been meaning to share.... I should do that.
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #118
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Here are the links for the template I made of the 2 pager I did of the DCL food, if anyone is interested.

http://www.4shared.com/file/53328199...plate_Pg1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/53328198...late_pg_2.html
Old 08-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #119
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

I made a template out of this one too... and already re-used it. I took off all of the layering along the top for the template. I find that I reuse the templates with multiple photo spots more frequently. The link is below if anyone wants it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/53976813..._Template.html
Old 08-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #120
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Christy -- THANKS for the templates! I love the ones with many photos, too. Doing a LO with one or two pics is easy, it is the ones with a lot of pictures that take so much time. I wish CM would just make a ton of blank pages for us to buy, kind of like sketches or PageMaps, but just in blank storybook format. I have a few LO's that I want to make into templates, too. I'll try to do that soon! Thanks again for sharing!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: