Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 04:51 AM   #751
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Ok, I'm jumping in here! I am a paper-scrapper (with piles and piles of supplies to prove it ) and probably, I'll continue that--especially for DS's books. But, I think I'd like to try the digi (through SBC+) for maybe our family albums or just some smaller albums. I saw the download is $59.95. Here's a really stupid question--can I put it on my PC AND on my laptop or would I need 2 downloads (which probably wouldn't happen!!)?
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #752
Lisa
OMG, I think I am going to pee my pants
Where is that evil devil smilie when I need it?
Aside from a near collison with a Tom Turkey flying across the highway the day was great!

SIOH, you can only put the program on one 'puter. I have my on my laptop rather than my desk top. I like that option because then when I am at one of my crops or on a business trip, I can work on my digi scrapping. Right now I am sitting on the couch with my laptop, two feet from my desktop but i am going to work on my recipes while DH watches racing.
Next visit: Cruising 09/14
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #753
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

So what happens if I get a new computer and want to put it on there?
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #754
Disney Baby
Disney Baby

I actually have two copies of SBC+ - one on my laptop and another one of my old laptop that my 7 year old uses to scrapbook. I have had several customers and a fellow consultant put the program on their external hard drive and run it from there so that they could use it on both their laptop and their desktop. ALL of them have had problems and have had to uninstall and reinstall on just one computer. I am not a computer expert - but I am sure that someone know why it messes up running from the external.
With that being said - I have been able to move SBC+ from one computer to another - but it makes the old one un - upgradable.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #755
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
So what happens if I get a new computer and want to put it on there?

They will let you transfer the license to another computer. I have done that twice already. Just call Cm customer support and they will help you out!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #756
sleepingbean
DIS Veteran

Question I know you'll have the answer for, ladies~!

What's the easiest way to get my elements that I make in Photoshop into the Storybook CM software? What file type should I save the individual elements as? Gif?

The Gluten Free Dairy Free Food We Ate in Disney World
We are NOT Disney People - The First trip report - Pt 1

sleepingbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #757
kendallt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbean View Post

What's the easiest way to get my elements that I make in Photoshop into the Storybook CM software? What file type should I save the individual elements as? Gif?

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I don't yet own SBC+ (though I hope to soon), but I do know a little about Photoshop. If you save your file as a PNG-24 (and make sure the Transparency box is checked), I believe your files should work with the CM software. You can do this by clicking "Save for Web" or "Save for Web & Devices" depending on which PS version you have.

If this isn't correct, hopefully one of the experts will step in and let us know.

kendallt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #758
djaj
Earning My Ears

questions

I have a few questions. If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it!

- How do I use a template? I recently downloaded a template that I want to use. I extracted it and then put it into SBC+. How do I put the paper, embellishments, and photos in the place of the layers?

- I put a tag on a page and wanted to import a photo into the tag so that it would be the same size and have the rounded corners. How do I do that?

- How do I split a photo over 2 pages?

- Is it possible to look and/or work on two pages at once for a 2 page spread?

Thanks so much!
Jen
djaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #759
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbean View Post

.png with transparent background.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #760
sleepingbean
DIS Veteran

Thanks ladies!

The Gluten Free Dairy Free Food We Ate in Disney World
We are NOT Disney People - The First trip report - Pt 1

sleepingbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #761
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaj View Post
- How do I use a template? I recently downloaded a template that I want to use. I extracted it and then put it into SBC+. How do I put the paper, embellishments, and photos in the place of the layers?
Somewhere on this thread is a full explaination. I'm not sure which page - sorry - but it is there in complete detail. I think I did one, and maybe DisneyBaby, too.

Quote:
- I put a tag on a page and wanted to import a photo into the tag so that it would be the same size and have the rounded corners. How do I do that?
Two ways. You can do either or both to get the required effect. Just remember that when SBC+ imports something, it starts at the top left corner.

1. crop the photo that you have imported to be the same shape as the template.
2. copy/paste the object, and increase the size to page size. Highlight; chose photo and import into selected object.

Quote:
- How do I split a photo over 2 pages?
That's harder; trial and error. If you are doing page prints, it's simple; just use half of the photo on each page. If you are doing a StoryBook, then you must adjust for the binding. When you go to the "view" tab, choose the left or right page view; a shaded section will go over what will not be seen.

Quote:
- Is it possible to look and/or work on two pages at once for a 2 page spread?
Not really. You can do one page, then when you're in the other, drag the page over and set it next to it. This is also described somewhere earlier in the thread

I hope this helps.
DCL: 10/18-22/09, 4/13-17/14; POP: 10/22-24/09; POR: 10/13-20/07; WL: 3/28/05 - 4/2/05. Many visits to Disneyland, including Grad Nite '77, 6/02, 7/03, 7/11/05, 7/18/06 & 6/30-7/1/08, 7/12, GCH 8/9-11/10.
quiltymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #762
djaj
Earning My Ears

Thanks guiltymom for the great advice. I have read most of this thread but I guess it won't hurt to go through it again. I'm sure I will pick of a bunch of new things. But thanks so much for the advice!
djaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #763
sigmasal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesota View Post
Never heard of VM Fusion. I looked at Dawn's website. It looks like we Mac users have to spend a lot more to use SBC+. Oh well. Sounds like VM Fusion is the best option.

How do you get your iPhotos (and other things you might have) from your Mac to the PC side? I am so PC-challenged!
At regional convention this year someone asked about this and it sounded like from the answer, SB+ will be utilizing some type of web-based program in the future to help out Mac users. 2 years ago at Showcase they showed no interest in further researching this topic (gave us some crazy stats like 90% of people use pc's and 10% use macs so it wasn't really worth the time and money to do this when people could just purchase the windows parallel or whatever it is (not familiar with macs at all, sorry!). So it seems they are looking into bringing out a web-based version but didn't give us a time frame.
sigmasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #764
minniesota
Land is a good thing, too
Glad to be of service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmasal View Post
At regional convention this year someone asked about this and it sounded like from the answer, SB+ will be utilizing some type of web-based program in the future to help out Mac users. 2 years ago at Showcase they showed no interest in further researching this topic (gave us some crazy stats like 90% of people use pc's and 10% use macs so it wasn't really worth the time and money to do this when people could just purchase the windows parallel or whatever it is (not familiar with macs at all, sorry!). So it seems they are looking into bringing out a web-based version but didn't give us a time frame.
Thanks for the info! I'll keep my eyes open. We might be upgrading our Mac in the near future so that may help as well. I want to join the club!!!
minniesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:55 AM   #765
DisneyCruiser2008
DIS Veteran

Hi all!! I made this LO into a 12x12 Template if anyone wants it....

CREDITS

GRAB IT HERE
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Wonder) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *June 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CBR and AKL *June 2011 DCL 7 Night Alaskan Cruise (Disney Wonder) *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
DisneyCruiser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: