Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #31
MODisneyfan
DIS Veteran

What a great tr... Sounds like you had a great time
Old 05-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #32
MODisneyfan
DIS Veteran

May 8th 3night Wonder

oops
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #33
Googelibear
Every day is the dawn of a new error, hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy327 View Post
Yep. You check in at the hotel you will be staying at. The designated DCL hotels have a special desk just for land and sea'ers. They called us to remind us to "check in". And once at the port you just need to go through the security and straight onto the ship. Very easy.
I love that. Yahooooooo
But wait again. Do you get your boarding number then or how does one obtain that thing?

thanks for taking the time to clear this up for me

Last edited by Googelibear; 05-22-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: adding to post
Googelibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #34
mindy327
DIS Veteran

Location: Chandler Arizona and exactly 381 miles away from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googelibear View Post
I love that. Yahooooooo
But wait again. Do you get your boarding number then or how does one obtain that thing?

thanks for taking the time to clear this up for me
Yes, everything is given to you at the desk at the hotel. Your key to the world card you get when you first check into the hotel has your room key, to the hotel and ship, your tickets to the parks, your charge card, boarding pass and safe key all programed inside that thing. I dunno how, but it is great. So yes, your kttwc is your boarding pass. This is what you show them when you board the ship. Hope this helps. And yes, we had a lot of fun. Thanks ya'll for reading along!!! Ill be happy to answer any more questions as they come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpd-0zNqu8
Surprise DCL Video 2011 Mexican Riviera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0ZgMsEiFg
DCL 2003, 2006, 2008, 2011 WDW 2003, 2008, 2012
AP holders DL +100 x's NEXT: Disneyland whenever, and Fantasy Western 9/27/14
mindy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #35
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Loved your trip report... I'm with you. I enjoyed my two 4-day trips so much I'm now booked for a 7-Day And it's a double dip so I'm very excited!!!

Mindy327 - When you do the land and sea you don't actually need a "boarding number". You normally get picked up at your resort around noonish and it's 1-1:30 by the time you get to the ship. By that time, you don't really need a boarding number as the early birds have all boarded (Disney is efficient on getting everyone on board). You can just usually walk right through the terminal over to the Mickey ears (unless you need to check your children in for the kids' clubs).
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #36
mindy327
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Loved your trip report... I'm with you. I enjoyed my two 4-day trips so much I'm now booked for a 7-Day And it's a double dip so I'm very excited!!!

Mindy327 - When you do the land and sea you don't actually need a "boarding number". You normally get picked up at your resort around noonish and it's 1-1:30 by the time you get to the ship. By that time, you don't really need a boarding number as the early birds have all boarded (Disney is efficient on getting everyone on board). You can just usually walk right through the terminal over to the Mickey ears (unless you need to check your children in for the kids' clubs).
Thanks for the support. I just hAVE to do a 7 day next time. Boy would I really love to do a repo cruise. Relaxation to the max and surrounded by the disney uphoria!!! I love DCL. Thats one great thing Micheal Isner and the clan thought up! Whoda thunk I would be a DCL junkie. Wish there was one closer to home! crossing my fingers for Cali as a permantant home for a ship!!!
Surprise DCL Video 2011 Mexican Riviera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0ZgMsEiFg
Old 05-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #37
mindy327
DIS Veteran

I opened up my trip report thread and now I am wiping away a tear! I wanna go back! I am really honestly depressed, I think I have the post DCL blues everyone talks about getting. Anyhow, thanks everyone, hope you enjoyed coming along for the trip!
Old 05-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #38
CastleCreations
Would take a cruise just to see Brent...
I will have to buy that tag fairy a mini sewing machine and teach her a thing or two...
Had some trouble turning under the perfect bun

Hi, I loved your report. We missed the graduation. I'm not sure why we weren't told about it... oh well. I was wondering what you had in your fish extender. Were these gifts for someone, or just goodies for your family.
CastleCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #39
mindy327
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleCreations View Post
Hi, I loved your report. We missed the graduation. I'm not sure why we weren't told about it... oh well. I was wondering what you had in your fish extender. Were these gifts for someone, or just goodies for your family.

The graduation was not ever announced to be a big thing! In fact, if I hadnt looked at the navigator that day, I would have never known there was a graduation. It was cute though, and glad we were able to go. The fish extender goodies were actually from our dis board friends we met, and we did a secret santa like gift exchange. The goodies inside were from them on one day. We had goodies each day we came back to our room. Our friends we met on the boards were great. I still talk to a good friend by email, her daughter and mine were cruise buddies so to speak.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #40
mobopolo
Mouseketeer

LOVED your TR! Was it hard to add a extra "land" day? Do you just call and have it added? This is just what we want to do. Thanks for sharing, it was fun to read.
mobopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #41
mindy327
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobopolo View Post
LOVED your TR! Was it hard to add a extra "land" day? Do you just call and have it added? This is just what we want to do. Thanks for sharing, it was fun to read.
The extra day is VERY easy to add. You must let your TA know or DCL that you would like to add additional days to your package. It is more of an extra day at the hotel. You only get the original days of park hoppers though. So when we got to the hotel we had a day to relax. Or go to the parks when you get there and opt out of parks on sunday before the bus leaves. Either way, it is a blast. Thanks for following along.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #42
MICKEY621
Earning My Ears

I really enjoyed reading this one again. It was very entertaining. I found the Toy Story show to be wonderful as well. Great family.
MICKEY621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #44
mindy327
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great trip report - your kids are so cute
Thanks for the compliment. They are great kids. Kaden keeps asking "If we can go on the airplane to DisneyWorld"! He really does miss it. But I know, he really wants to go to the kids club and play. How long before they stop asking? The world may never know!!!! I am creating MONSTERS!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #45
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy327 View Post
Thanks for the compliment. They are great kids. Kaden keeps asking "If we can go on the airplane to DisneyWorld"! He really does miss it. But I know, he really wants to go to the kids club and play. How long before they stop asking? The world may never know!!!! I am creating MONSTERS!!!!
I know exactly what you mean - we took my DS for his first trip to Disney World in April and he cried and cried when we left. He talks all the time about going back and, when I finally booked yesterday for our next trip, he was just so excited.

What he doesn't know is that we have also booked a 3 day Disney Cruise for us all too - we plan not to tell them and pretend we're going to Kennedy Space Centre
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: