Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #1471
PinballFamily
Yes, I have scrapping supplies to decorate my scrapping supplies...wanna make something of it?

OP here - delighted and amazed this thread is still going strong after more than four years! So much great stuff here - thanks so much to all the posters and readers!

I finally have another really painless tip - make two Febreeze bottles from one. I bought one "extra strength" bottle a while ago and it is finally empty. Just bought another (on sale, of course!) and poured half into the old bottle and topped both off with tap water. Still a nice scent, but not at strong...which I'm totally fine with! (Maybe my next step will be to make my own room/fabric spray for when these are empty - if you have a recipe, feel free to post it!)
Old 02-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #1472
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

WOW!!! Wow, wow, wow is all I can say after reading all (almost) 100 pages of this thread!! It took me forever, but it was so worth it! I have so many things I want to try now. The part that makes a lot of it difficult is…I still live at home as a student, and have no kids. So a lot of the tips don't apply to me (yet!) I do have one to contribute, though!

I used to work at American Eagle, and we went through Denim Training during our back-to-school time of year. They told us in that training, you should wash your jeans only in cold water, and hang dry them- especially if they have stretch in them. If you wash in heat, or throw them in the dryer, the heat breaks down the spandex/lycra and they don't last as long. Unfortunately, that's all I have to contribute Living at home does have its advantages…(although it's quickly losing its' charm as I approach 28yo), but I feel much more prepared for when I have my own place after reading this thread. Now I just have to go back and write down all the great tips I read!
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #1473
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinballFamily View Post
OP here - delighted and amazed this thread is still going strong after more than four years! So much great stuff here - thanks so much to all the posters and readers!

I finally have another really painless tip - make two Febreeze bottles from one. I bought one "extra strength" bottle a while ago and it is finally empty. Just bought another (on sale, of course!) and poured half into the old bottle and topped both off with tap water. Still a nice scent, but not at strong...which I'm totally fine with! (Maybe my next step will be to make my own room/fabric spray for when these are empty - if you have a recipe, feel free to post it!)

For your fabric spray you can use essential oil with water.

10-30 drops of you fav oil/scent diluted with water in your old febreeze bottles and spray away.

Lavender/Jasmine combo on bed is great for aiding in sleep
Add some Eucalyptus to Lavender/Jasmine to help boost immunity when fighting off colds
Use the Citrus or Peppermint to fight off bugs. Use those on the couches or spray around the curtains/base boards
Use Essential Oil in your cleaning solution instead of all the differant cleaning solutions

Google Essential Oils and have fun

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #1474
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Baking soda is my favorite.

Deodorizes shoes by putting some in a shoe and then putting shoe in a shopping bag overnight.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014

Last edited by Shelly F - Ohio; 02-09-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Shelly F - Ohio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #1475
supergoofy
Mouseketeer

There is a local store in town that sells to the public in "food truck"/"concession" stand quanity kinda like a Sams/Costco but they are at time cheaper on stuff so when they have a sale we stock up.

I bought a slicer so I can turn large cuts into smaller cuts. Like last week they had turkey on sale for 1/2 of what lunch meat costs. I spent 1/2 hour cutting and bagging it. Also picked up 25 pounds of bacon and 40 pounds of skinless/boneless breasts.

And like a PP said when on sale buy it. Have a large pantry stocked now.
supergoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #1476
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
WOW!!! Wow, wow, wow is all I can say after reading all (almost) 100 pages of this thread!! It took me forever, but it was so worth it! I have so many things I want to try now. The part that makes a lot of it difficult is…I still live at home as a student, and have no kids. So a lot of the tips don't apply to me (yet!) I do have one to contribute, though!

I used to work at American Eagle, and we went through Denim Training during our back-to-school time of year. They told us in that training, you should wash your jeans only in cold water, and hang dry them- especially if they have stretch in them. If you wash in heat, or throw them in the dryer, the heat breaks down the spandex/lycra and they don't last as long. Unfortunately, that's all I have to contribute Living at home does have its advantages…(although it's quickly losing its' charm as I approach 28yo), but I feel much more prepared for when I have my own place after reading this thread. Now I just have to go back and write down all the great tips I read!
I can't believe I didn't think of this!!..... DD likes Old Navy jeans and has for years, but recently we are feeling like they just don't hold up.... but of COURSE, she started college in the fall and is using the dryer so much more (I hang out my clothes here as long as weather permits, plus I wash everything in COLD), plus the dryers are HOTTER than I would do at home. DUH! Of course it is the heat from the dryer breaking them down!

Not sure what the solution will really be, since she doesn't have the space to hang all of her jeans to dry... plus indoors it would definitely take longer.

Thanks for the heads up!.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #1477
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

My tip requires an output of money in the beginning, but then saves. If anyone ever invites you to a Norwex Party - GO (it is one of those come to my house and buy stuff things that I usually hate). Their products are amazing though - they sell cleaning cloths that are woven with silver, therefore are natural germ/bacteria killers. I clean my entire house now with just water and their cloths. I don't buy toilet cleaner, scrubbing bubbles, Lysol wipes, Mr. Clean, etc at all anymore.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:44 AM   #1478
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyHardin
My tip requires an output of money in the beginning, but then saves. If anyone ever invites you to a Norwex Party - GO (it is one of those come to my house and buy stuff things that I usually hate). Their products are amazing though - they sell cleaning cloths that are woven with silver, therefore are natural germ/bacteria killers. I clean my entire house now with just water and their cloths. I don't buy toilet cleaner, scrubbing bubbles, Lysol wipes, Mr. Clean, etc at all anymore.
How do you clean the inside of your toiety bowl then? Am a bit confused here.
Tia
Old 02-11-2014, 03:45 AM   #1479
Gisele

Oh and a sparkling clean toiety is a happy one!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #1480
Gisele

Anyone? Anyone? Buellar?Anyone?
Old 02-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #1481
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

I just wipe my toilet bowl down with the Norwex cloth and then rinse in hot water.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: