DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #61
ranthony
DIS Veteran

I've tried it both ways

and still get that message. I can usually figure these things out.
ranthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #62
Monorail Purple&Gold
How do you do? Mighty glad to meet you! Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Location: South Louisiana, Unit 21 Jambo House, Units 68D and 80A Kidani Village

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranthony View Post
and still get that message. I can usually figure these things out.
Try to "Copy" then paste it into Paint, then "Save As" the pic (crop out the excess).

Monorail Purple&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #63
ranthony
DIS Veteran

Well, I got it.

I had to upload it to photobucket and link the URL.

I'm not sure what was going on but it's all good.
ranthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #64
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

WELCOME HOME to all of our new AKV neighbors!

I love the new mascot image that was created, and have changed my avatar likewise! Thanks guys! I don't remember which one of you made it - but bravo - I like. Good job.

We are so looking forward to our first trip to AKV. Like I said back on page 1, we'll be there for a split stay this Oct - starting out at BWV for 3 nights, then over to AKV for 5 nights. I loved seeing little Kidani, and definitely shared the photos with the entire family. We can't wait to experience that savannah view.

It's great to see so much action on this thread in just a couple of days. Keep it going - it was fun to read through it all. I'll make a point of dropping in and saying hi as I make the DIS rounds each day.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #65
disneymom8589
I am his Disney

This is a terrific thread and I can't wait to continue reading the posts!! Love the Kidani avatar. It was exciting seeing the picture of the Kidani Village sign, too! DH and I were there last month in a 1 bdrm. SV room and it was so incredible!!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #66
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Thanks for the avatar

I've adopted it as my own even though we're still in the waiting for ROFR stage. Hope no one minds!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #67
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
I've adopted it as my own even though we're still in the waiting for ROFR stage. Hope no one minds!
Of course not! Here's a little for your ROFR.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #68
gkrykewy
TTA PeopleMover Fan Club President

Quote:
Looks like AKV resales are about the same as Disney prices after discount (~$94 per point). Why did you decide to go with resale? Smaller contract? Just curious.

gkrykewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:19 AM   #69
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
It's a pretty neat design, isn't it? Here's some more from me - hope you make it through. Let us know!!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #70
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Good luck with ROFR

Question for all of you knowledgeable AKVers out there:
We are currently trying to figure out what way to go for our trip next year. I am still trying to understand the options and what would work best for us. It will be my family (me, DH, and our 2 DSs - 7 & 9) and my dad and step-mom. We were originally thinking of getting two studios but have started considering going with a 2 bedroom instead. I know I would want to definitely try to stay in Kidani and would prefer dedicated 2 bedroom. So that eliminates the value category as a possibility - right? I like the thought of only 25 pts per night but really want to stay in Kidani and would like to have savanna view. Any suggestions as what might work for us? We will be staying at AKV for 5 or 6 nights and then moving to a OKW or BWV studio (hopefully) for 5 or 6 nights. Any thoughts?
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #71
dugski
Dugski

Smile thank you

I did it and want to thank you for the easiest directions ever. Now I have the logo too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrykewy View Post
Excellent work - you've saved me the effort of bothering! The only thing I might tweak is the font.

1. Right-click, "save as" on the avatar image. Save it to your desktop.
2. Click on "User CP" at the top left of the page.
3. Click on "Edit Avatar"
4. At the bottom, choose to upload your own image, and grab the file you just saved to your desktop.
5. Click the SAVE button, and you're done.
dugski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #72
gkrykewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Good luck with ROFR

Question for all of you knowledgeable AKVers out there:
We are currently trying to figure out what way to go for our trip next year. I am still trying to understand the options and what would work best for us. It will be my family (me, DH, and our 2 DSs - 7 & 9) and my dad and step-mom. We were originally thinking of getting two studios but have started considering going with a 2 bedroom instead. I know I would want to definitely try to stay in Kidani and would prefer dedicated 2 bedroom. So that eliminates the value category as a possibility - right? I like the thought of only 25 pts per night but really want to stay in Kidani and would like to have savanna view. Any suggestions as what might work for us? We will be staying at AKV for 5 or 6 nights and then moving to a OKW or BWV studio (hopefully) for 5 or 6 nights. Any thoughts?
From a point economy standpoint, you pay about a 50% point premium for moving up to a 2-BR instead of two value studios (should you decide you're okay with Jambo House). If you compare standard studios to standard 2-BRs, you're still looking at about a 25% point premium.

My recommendation would be to go with two value studios in Jambo House, and to request Savanna View for both, which you've got a solid chance at getting - nearly all of the values are savannah or pool view (which is still a partial savanna view).

EDIT: lol, I can never decide whether to spell "savanna" or "savannah", and in this post I did both.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #73
HayGan

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
From a point economy standpoint, you pay about a 50% point premium for moving up to a 2-BR instead of two value studios (should you decide you're okay with Jambo House). If you compare standard studios to standard 2-BRs, you're still looking at about a 25% point premium.

My recommendation would be to go with two value studios in Jambo House, and to request Savanna View for both, which you've got a solid chance at getting - nearly all of the values are savannah or pool view (which is still a partial savanna view).
Thanks for the input. We thought it might be nice to have the 2 bedroom for just a few nights but we would certainly be fine with studios. I really want to stay in Kidani because I know my kids will absolutely LOVE the Uwanja Camp. Since we bought in under the current promo, we have 320 points to use in 2009 so we have some room to play

Quote:
EDIT: lol, I can never decide whether to spell "savanna" or "savannah", and in this post I did both.
I'm with you - I can never decide to use the h or not
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
Old 05-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #74
gkrykewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Thanks for the input. We thought it might be nice to have the 2 bedroom for just a few nights but we would certainly be fine with studios. I really want to stay in Kidani because I know my kids will absolutely LOVE the Uwanja Camp. Since we bought in under the current promo, we have 320 points to use in 2009 so we have some room to play
Great for you! I didn't get any dev points when I bought last year. I suppose having had 2007 points compensates though.

And I see you're using the signature AKV banner I created - EXCELLENT choice!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #75
HayGan

Quote:
Great for you! I didn't get any dev points when I bought last year. I suppose having had 2007 points compensates though.

And I see you're using the signature AKV banner I created - EXCELLENT choice!
We received 160 developer points for use at SSR as well as all 160 2008 points and 160 2009 points. Too good of a deal to pass up

Thanks for the AKV banner as well - it is my fav
Next up:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: