DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #181
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

I am VERY VERY HAPPY to say that we added on at AKV just last week. We have an October UY and there were still a few points left, so we have live inventory and can book a stay anytime. Well I waited one day to have my points in the system, and called a booked my April 09 stay in Jambo House!

All this came about because we spent one night in a one bedroom in Jambo House last month during our week long DVC vacation and totally fell in love. We visit the resort every trip - usually for Boma and a view of the animals, but staying there was a totally different experience. I was completely bent on getting an add on there, it took my husband about 2 seconds to agree! So I called my guide, and we are now proud owners at AKV as well as BWV. I will never regret this decision and hope we have the health and fortune to enjoy years of vacationing here with our kids and future (hopefully grandchildren! Here's a couple of pics from our recent trip:

AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #182
AKV707

DIS Veteran

Congrats on your add on and welcome to the AKV family!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
AKV707 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2008, 12:50 AM   #183
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735 View Post
I am VERY VERY HAPPY to say that we added on at AKV just last week. We have an October UY and there were still a few points left, so we have live inventory and can book a stay anytime. Well I waited one day to have my points in the system, and called a booked my April 09 stay in Jambo House!

All this came about because we spent one night in a one bedroom in Jambo House last month during our week long DVC vacation and totally fell in love. We visit the resort every trip - usually for Boma and a view of the animals, but staying there was a totally different experience. I was completely bent on getting an add on there, it took my husband about 2 seconds to agree! So I called my guide, and we are now proud owners at AKV as well as BWV. I will never regret this decision and hope we have the health and fortune to enjoy years of vacationing here with our kids and future (hopefully grandchildren! Here's a couple of pics from our recent trip:

Very cool!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:54 AM   #184
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Thanks for the great pics!!!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #185
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:

All this came about because we spent one night in a one bedroom in Jambo House last month during our week long DVC vacation and totally fell in love. We visit the resort every trip - usually for Boma and a view of the animals, but staying there was a totally different experience. I was completely bent on getting an add on there, it took my husband about 2 seconds to agree! So I called my guide, and we are now proud owners at AKV as well as BWV. I will never regret this decision and hope we have the health and fortune to enjoy years of vacationing here with our kids and future (hopefully grandchildren!

Congratulations! I'm sure you will never regret your decision either. AKV is awesome & inspiring.

Here's to many happy & healthy years at your new home! Cheers!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #186
Monorail Purple&Gold
How do you do? Mighty glad to meet you! Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Location: South Louisiana, Unit 21 Jambo House, Units 68D and 80A Kidani Village

Quote:

All this came about because we spent one night in a one bedroom in Jambo House last month during our week long DVC vacation and totally fell in love. We visit the resort every trip - usually for Boma and a view of the animals, but staying there was a totally different experience. I was completely bent on getting an add on there, it took my husband about 2 seconds to agree! So I called my guide, and we are now proud owners at AKV as well as BWV. I will never regret this decision and hope we have the health and fortune to enjoy years of vacationing here with our kids and future (hopefully grandchildren!
Jambo and congrats, AKV neighbor!!! And great pics, too!

Monorail Purple&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #187
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Well, we're back from 5 nights concierge at AKV followed by 2 nights at the BWV.

Just some quick points on AKV.
Concierge, imo, is a GREAT deal points-wise. The breakfast alone was worth the added two points per night of stay for our studio. This doesn't go into the snacks and dinner selections.

Did the sunrise and sunset safaris and the Wildlife Discovery Excursion. Loved them all.

wildernessDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #188
ranthony
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home!

Just wanted to say "Welcome Home" to the many of you that have jumped on saying you've bought into AKV.

I think we have such a beautiful resort! We are lucky people!
ranthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #189
popstar7867
Amy Fam!

Hi Everyone,

As usual my guide is always away when I need to talk to him which has only been twice in the last two years! lol I wanted to add 50 points on at AKV. Does anyone know if the 50 point Add-on incentive is still going on? I heard you get an $8 discount per point bringing each point to $96 and also a free set of 50 points? If anyone can confirm this who has recently added on that would be great. I just want to check the budget and really figure everything out so I'm ready when my guide gets back to me.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #190
AKV707

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by popstar7867 View Post
Hi Everyone,

As usual my guide is always away when I need to talk to him which has only been twice in the last two years! lol I wanted to add 50 points on at AKV. Does anyone know if the 50 point Add-on incentive is still going on? I heard you get an $8 discount per point bringing each point to $96 and also a free set of 50 points? If anyone can confirm this who has recently added on that would be great. I just want to check the budget and really figure everything out so I'm ready when my guide gets back to me.
The deal is still on. I just added on 50 pts on Friday. The deal is $8 off. Depending upon your UY, if you are still in your 2007 UY and their are Jambo points in inventory, you will receive 2007 points. If not, you will receive what they are calling AKV2 points, which will be in Kidani.

The 2008 points can't be used in 2008, but are bankable to 2009. You will not be charged dues on these points in 2008 and the dues on the 50 points will be prorated in 2009 depending upon when your unit is opened.

Hope that helps!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #191
popstar7867
Amy Fam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKV707 View Post
The deal is still on. I just added on 50 pts on Friday. The deal is $8 off. Depending upon your UY, if you are still in your 2007 UY and their are Jambo points in inventory, you will receive 2007 points. If not, you will receive what they are calling AKV2 points, which will be in Kidani.

The 2008 points can't be used in 2008, but are bankable to 2009. You will not be charged dues on these points in 2008 and the dues on the 50 points will be prorated in 2009 depending upon when your unit is opened.

Hope that helps!
Thanks so much! I wish you could talk to another guide! I want to try to get the add-on with Jambo so I can use them right away. Any idea if you can call someone else to get this done or does it have to be your guide? O and did you get a free set of points or no? Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #192
AKV707

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much! I wish you could talk to another guide! I want to try to get the add-on with Jambo so I can use them right away. Any idea if you can call someone else to get this done or does it have to be your guide? O and did you get a free set of points or no? Thanks again!
Who is your guide? What does their voice mail message say?

In terms of free 50 points, I have the 2008 with no dues, but I can't use them until 2009.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #193
popstar7867
Amy Fam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKV707 View Post
Who is your guide? What does their voice mail message say?

In terms of free 50 points, I have the 2008 with no dues, but I can't use them until 2009.
Bill Berghoefer - He's out of the office until tomorrow...but last time that happened I couldn't get in touch with him for a week after he was back from vacation
Old 05-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #194
AKV707

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bill Berghoefer - He's out of the office until tomorrow...but last time that happened I couldn't get in touch with him for a week after he was back from vacation
My guide is Rob Shapiro. He is out until tomorrow as well. But he always checks his voice mail and sometimes even returns calls from his home office! I would give your guide a call tomorrow. Let us know how you do!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #195
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics!!! Thanks for posting!

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: