DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #1651
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

Please add us to the list. This will be our first time staying at the AKL. We will be at BCV in a 1 bedroom for the week prior. We exchanged in through RCI and you can only get a week which is never enough for me at WDW! So we are adding 2 nights at the AKV. I think it will be nice a the end of our trip when we are tired and will be spending a little more time relaxing and a bit less time running around the parks.

We will be in an AKV Savannah View Studio - Jambo House. Any suggestions for room requests. We love giraffes, but there are lots of other amazing animals to see I'm sure. Any suggestions for room requests? We don't mind a walk, although a nice view close to the lobby wouldn't hurt.

Our dates are 5/24-5/26 AKV Jambo SV

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by suemom2kay; 11-04-2012 at 11:23 AM.
suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #1652
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Hi everyone,

Please add us to the list. This will be our first time staying at the AKL. We will be at BCV in a 1 bedroom for the week prior. We exchanged in through RCI and you can only get a week which is never enough for me at WDW! So we are adding 2 nights at the AKV. I think it will be nice a the end of our trip when we are tired and will be spending a little more time relaxing and a bit less time running around the parks.

We will be in an AKV Savannah View Studio - Jambo House. Any suggestions for room requests. We love giraffes, but there are lots of other amazing animals to see I'm sure. Any suggestions for room requests? We don't mind a walk, although a nice view close to the lobby wouldn't hurt.

Our dates are 5/24-5/26 AKV Jambo SV

Thanks everyone!
If you love giraffes, ask for Sunset Savanna.
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #1653
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
If you love giraffes, ask for Sunset Savanna.
Thanks!

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #1654
Serkazong
Earning My Ears

Just got back from a Kidani trip for 8 nights. I made requests for being close to the lobby and on the Sunset Savanah. Yeah, I know, me and everyone else

We checked into room 7979, wow . . . that is the abosolute farthest room you can get from the lobby on the 5th floor, and its on Pembe Savanah. Well, sort of, its on a small section of Pembe where animals dont really hang out.

It seemed like an eternity walking to our room until one time I timed it. It took 6 minutes, and being a rational person, that made me feel better knowing its reasonable to me, it just felt longer.

On the morning of day 2 we had a message from the front desk saying that our room relocation was ready and to call before 10am if we wanted it still. I never made a request! We decided packing up and moving was too big a hassle. We stuck it out. Anyone else get offered a room move without asking? I suppose they just assume everyone they stick with that room will complain and want to move But not us.

Later in the week we did get to see the Pembe animals. Having never stayed there, I had become partial to the giraffes and zebras, but I really loved the Okapis and Red River Hogs! (spelling?)

I guess I wouldn't request Pembe, but I found out I was happy with it anyway.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1655
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Hi all. I'm an SSR owner and I just bought. I was able to book my August trip in a studio in jambo. Is there an FAQ or guide on your thread somewhere?
disdadIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #1656
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Hi - I posted this on the AKL thread but didn't get a response. Maybe someone here can help me with some insight!

Hi!

We are DVC and our home resort is OKW. We are planning on a stay in Jan 2014. There will be 4 of us, DH, me, DD4 & DD2 (the ages at time of travel) We are considering a 7 night stay and going for a Savannah view over an 8 day standard view. Any suggestions (I know I'm like 4 months from our booking window but need to figure out points bc we are doing an Oct trip as well) Basically, a few things, is the savannah view worth it (especially with 2 animal loving kiddos) and if the option is available should I try and book Jambo? Also, I guess when I figure out where and what I am booking some request suggestions. Looking for pros and cons and a little help.

We stayed one night in a 1 bed Value in Dec for one night and LOVED the Jambo house, we had a parking lot view so that wasn't too exciting but we didn't expect much bc of the "value" We also dined at Sanaa for lunch but didn't have time to explore Kidani much.

Two things that are of no importance, 2nd bathroom (as long as the setup is the same as the 1 bed value with detached bathroom) and proximity to CS. We are also don't mind walking and toting things around.

Just looking for some good info so I may utilize my points best and of course have fun! We usually stay at OKW and are looking to do some exploring. Thanks in advance!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #1657
lfortin16
Mouseketeer

Best room for 2br sv in Kidani?

Hi!

We are SOO excited!!
We are staying in Kidani in a 2 bedroom SV villa.
Is there a room or savannah I should request?
We have 4 little ones- so near an elevator would be good.
How late is the pool open?
How late is the pool at AKL open?
I'm so excited, I'm not sure what I should ask!
All tips and hints would be great!
Thanks!!
lfortin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #1658
shelbikans
Earning My Ears

I would definitely stay in a savannah view room. It is well worth it. I've stayed twice now at Kidani and once at Jambo, all times with a savannah room. There's nothing better than waking up and going to see what animals are outside of your room. Lucky for us we were right where the giraffes were fed so they always hung out there. My boyfriend had to make me leave the room, I could stay on the balcony and watch the animals all day. I would prefer staying at Kidani over Jambo because Kidani is smaller and easier to get around in. Jambo is too spread out for me and whenever we had to fill up the mugs we had to walk what seemed like a mile just to get a drink. At kidani you just go to the store in the lobby to get your drink. I think the great part of staying at AKL is being able to experience the animals outside of your balcony so I would strongly recommend that.
shelbikans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #1659
goofygurlie
Wag and the world wags with you...Howl and they put you outside.

I posted this question earlier on a different thread, but didn't get a response. Has anyone stayed in the Kidani Grand Villa with the standard view? This was all that was available so I grabbed it. I am hoping to hear some positive responses, but am prepared for the worst.

~ Laura
Old 03-31-2013, 06:40 AM   #1660
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

bump

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #1661
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

Making my way through this thread, but I have a question.

Do you check in at Kidani or at Jambo House?

Also, we'll be taking Disney Transportation to the cruise ship from Kidani. Where do you get picked up.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #1662
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickey View Post
Making my way through this thread, but I have a question.

Do you check in at Kidani or at Jambo House?

Also, we'll be taking Disney Transportation to the cruise ship from Kidani. Where do you get picked up.

Thanks guys.
Hi LoveMickey -

Kidani has it's own check in counter for you to check in at.

The waiting are for the buses is right outside the Kidani lobby, on the 'island' on the outside of the doors (the same place you wait for Magical Express). Be sure to be a bit early. I missed our ME bus at SSR one year as it came 20 minutes early.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #1663
LoveMickey

Thanks Twinklebug. I did see that DME bus stop was right outside Kidani, but I was referring to the Cruise line Disney transfers.

Is that the same? Our travel Agent has us being picked up at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I wanted to make sure that we are picked up at the correct location.

Happy Easter
Old 03-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #1664
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickey View Post
Thanks Twinklebug. I did see that DME bus stop was right outside Kidani, but I was referring to the Cruise line Disney transfers.

Is that the same? Our travel Agent has us being picked up at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I wanted to make sure that we are picked up at the correct location.

Happy Easter
Yes, same stop.
Note - Mears is the operating bus line for both ME and the DCL transfer buses. They interchange the Cruise line and ME buses all the time, so be sure to question all buses that approach even if they have the Magical Express emblem on the side (and don't assume a DCL logo'd bus is going your way - I'd hate to see you end up at the airport )
Old 03-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #1665
LoveMickey

Oh that would not be fun. We want to be on the cruise.

We have dinner ressie for Sanaa for the evening before the cruise.

I saw something about Medallion Rubbings. What is that?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: